Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Davie, Florida
“Burn13”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

i should have known that pictures on the internet are always bigger than they appear but nevertheless, it wasn't all bad. I know they allow you to have pets, which i love, but i think they should have special rooms desinated just for them. Pet hair was all in the chair, so we assumed that hair could be all over the place. We went out and bought cleaning stuff to clean the room. The staff there are extremely nice, but the cleanliness wasn't all there. i would probably give them another try just to see if they improved.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
I recently received your review about your stay at our hotel and was very disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered in your room. We take great pride in providing clean rooms at great rates for all of our guests to enjoy; I am extremely sorry we were unable to do this for you. I have met with my staff and have implemented a special training on how to thoroughly clean our guest rooms, especially those that had a pet stay in them, moving forward.

I encourage you to give us another try, please give me a call or email me at ptn@extendedstay.com and I will personally take care of any needs or request you may have. Once again, thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

The front desk staff was quite helpful & professional.I found the room quite clean, comfortable & nice smelling. All of the kitchen utensils were present (which is a definite plus) & the bed & bedding were in good shape. Although my room was located near a major highway, there was no noise transfer from the highway. The only issue with the room were the missing closet doors which management confirmed were being replaced. Otherwise, it was a good experience.

Room Tip: For a more enjoyable experience I would suggest a room on the second floor. It limits the foot traff...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank You very much for your review of our hotel. We are in the process of renovating our property which is the reason why the glass doors were removed from your closet. I do apologize for that; however, I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and nice smelling. As well, it is thrilling to know that we were able to provide you with all the amenities you needed during your stay.

We would be happy to have you again as our guest should your travels needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you for your comments, we will see you here again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

As much as it was situated where heavy traffic presided. I still found peaceful. Had to make own bed as I fell under the time of stay to get room clean was only there for six days. To qualify for your room to get clean needed to be seven days.
I had a leakage and the carpet got soaked.They put this industrial fan to dry the carpet which was quite noisy and smelled. The room had a smell before this so this mad it a little worse.

Other than than the staff was helpful. Towels were provided on request . I was able to cook my own food as there wasn't a restaurant on site. Plus there is a mall within walking distance.
Guess you get what you pay for. Did enjoy my stay .

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, please accept my deepest apologizes regarding the leakage you had in your room. Our staff always strive to serve as best as we possibly can. Regarding the housekeeping service, we provide one full service every seven days, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates that our customers have become accustomed to.

Please accept my deepest apologizes and I encourage you to give us another try should you ever return to our area. Please email me at ptn@extendedstay.com come back and visit us again soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

If you do not mind staying in a filthy room and sleeping on what appears to be a bed but feels like a rock than this is the place for you!
The property is nice from the outside and has a nice size laundry facility however the rooms ate extremely dirty and the most uncomfortable bed we have slept in.
Due to our business we travel most of the year staying in hotels 20 to 25 days a month and this has been the worse one yet.

• Stayed April 2013
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
I am in receipt of your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Let me start off by apologizing for your stay. It is very discouraging to read comments such as yours. We as a company strive to make every stay with us memorable and we have clearly failed at that mission. We take these kind of comments very seriously and I will conduct a meeting with my staff in order to prevent such occurrence from happening in the future. Once more, I truly apologize.
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We didn't have any problem checking in, the lady we dealt with was very personable and quick. The hotel is really conveniently located to the highway and shopping and dining is in walking distance. The room itself is outdated, but was good enough for a one night stay for a good price, the AC was cold, plenty of towels, a kitchenette (we didn't use it) and enough plug in outlets also the free wifi was good. The only the as I said the room is outdated and it shows, the bed was a bit uncomfortable (too hard for my tastes), carpet is kind of dirty, needs some wall repairs and painting, the tub is a bit dingy (all cosmetic stuff) but if you need quiet, affordable for one night this is the spot, I would use this hotel again if i needed another one night stay, the price is very persuading.

1 Thank nightnurseFlorida
I have received your recent response regarding your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide great customer service and a comfortable room at an affordable price. I am pleased to know that we have achieved this mission and I appreciate your comments. Our location is centrally located near plenty of shops and eating facilities. Our prices beat the competition, this is why our hotel is the most affordable place to stay in the Davie area. When your travels bring you to down to our location, we will be pleased to have you visit and stay with us once more. Once again, thanks for your very kind words.
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

It is a little ways from FLL airport but we had a rental car. We were going to drive to Miami for cruise next day.

The room was clean. It did have a strong smell from being clean but it was fine for us. There is a mall in walking distance from the hotel and other little plazas.

There is no restaurants on property. If you need a hair dryer you need to get one from the front desk and then return it. The bed wasn't to comfortable but other then that a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
I would like to Thank You for your survey regarding your stay here at the Homestead Studio Suites in Davie. Our mission is to provide a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, this means that we do not set up additional amenities like shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes in the rooms, These amenities are available at the Front Desk upon request. We operate this way to pass on the great savings to you the customer. It will be our pleasure to have you repeat your experience with us in the near future. If there is anything further that I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to send me an email at ptn@extendedstay.com . I look forward to hearing from you.
Jackson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

As noted by others, my room (314) needed repairs: bathroom exhaust fan broken/extremely loud vibration, bathroom sink very slow to drain, electrical outlet in kitchen counter area for coffee pot was dead/would not reset, kitchen sink very slow to drain, ac unit return vents need cleaned. However room was clean, ac worked, beds were ok. We have had to stay in much worse. We could have left here, but it was OK. Very conveniently located for my needs.

Room Tip: No elevators to second floor. This hotel has outside entrances to rooms, not interior hallway entran...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your experience with us here at the Homestead Studio Suites in Davie, Although it gives me great satisfaction that your overall stay was good, the issues you mentioned are of great concern to us. Please be assured that our rooms go thru an inspection before they are rented to our guest. Unfortunately, in your situation we failed at that mission, I have taken your comments and will take them into consideration next time we have a staff meeting. We take every customer’s feedback very seriously and it is no surprise that we are Americas number one family of extended stay hotels and we didn’t get there overnight, it took one customer at a time in order to strive at what we do. Thank you so much for your feedback and I truly apologize for your inconvenience. Please feel free to email me if you plan on being in our area in the future. My email is ptn@extendedstay.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davie
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
WoodSpring Suites Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie? Share your experiences!