“another great stay”

Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at this location when it was Homestead -had no idea what to expect with the new name/ownership - was not disappointed! It is a great place -clean, roomy, comfortable, quiet!. It has everything we need - (no pool for those who want that). Felt safe - well-lit parking areas, Costco nearby for members who might want a pizza!! And tons of other eating places nearby. Plenty of space in the room, big bathroom, great drawer space. Prices are reasonable, in my opinion, for the quality of the room. An ice machine would be helpful as you have to make your own ice in the 2 trays that you get in the freezer (I make every few hours and save up the frozen cubes until I need them.) But that does not always work out. Everyone in the office was pleasant, but I had no issues or problems. The grab -n-go breakfast was more extensive that I expected - a variety of oatmeal, granola bars, decent selection of fruit, not the best muffins but adequate. Clean towels always available for the asking, in the office. I have never stayed long, but always had a good experience at Homestead, and again now that it's ESA.

Room Tip: We always request ground floor - easier for packing and unpacking the car.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank grauntie-gruncle
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet room at an affordable rate. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with the safety of our hotel, our staff and our grab-and-go breakfast. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Our son price lined this hotel for 2 rooms and called to make sure we would have 2 beds in each as we had 7 people in our family coming too stay prior to our cruise. He was informed we could have 2 beds for an extra $10 charge per room. On our way down we called to confirm 2 beds each and were told we would have to pay $10 each. We were not happy but were trapped so agreed. We arrived very late and tired to be told that they were full and did not have any non smoking rooms with 2 beds. Really unhappy now we were told they had only one room with 2 beds and a room with a king and pull out sofa. So that would work but we were still upset about the smoking part. So we head to our rooms far separated on the property to find the king room has NO sofa in it. and we have our teen grandson with us. So I go back to the office and all they can offer is some blankets to make a pallet on the floor. She then offers me a free stay at one of their properties in the future ( not sure we'd want that). The next morning we go to the office to retrieve the voucher she had promised and were told they'd have to email it later. Don't believe we have seen it yet! And the grab n go breakfast was already closed down. So all that to say this is a very sub par property with very poor service. The room was barely ok. There was no ice available
Late at night because there are fridges in the room but the trays weren't filled. Just all in all a very bad experience. We plan to let Priceline know also.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel on 8 March for a one night stay before going on a cruise. When I went to check in I was told they didn't have any king rooms left. I exolai end I made the reservations 6 months prior to my arrival. The clerk immediately apologized for the confusion and upgraded me to the managers suite. The room. Was great and all the desk clerks were so nice and helpful. They had fruit and muffins in the lobby in the morning. Over all it was a great stay.

1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed 7 days and it was not a good experience..carpet was dirty, bathroom/kitchen floor was dirty,the room service sucked..we had to call and request clean towels after 6 days, they didn't come clean the room until the day before we left. can do so much better.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs. We offer housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, please know that these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ptn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The room was terrible, dirty and old. We stay for 3 nights, and was a very bad experience. You can choose a better hotel for the same price. The carpet is dirty, the room is smelly... people in other rooms were nasty.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our room did not meet your expectation. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with my cleaning team to ensure we focus on cleaning the room more effectively. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at ptn@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The bathroom was filthy the refrigtrator has food from pervious guest ,coffee maker and microwave were rusty. For the period of my stay the bathroom was not clean and the bed was not made. I would never stay or advice other to stay there

• Stayed: March 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your bathroom and refrigerator were not clean. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with my cleaning team to ensure we don't miss these areas in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at ptn@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We arrived at our hotel around 7:00pm and the check-in was quick and the desk clerk was very courteous and helpful. The rooms were dated and in need of renovation but were clean and in a nice location. There were numerous restaurants within a mile and the hotel is very convenient to the Florida Turnpike and I-595 which is the route to Port Everglades. I would stay here again given the excellent price I received on Priceline.

1  Thank TennesseeZeke

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our location and our courteous, helpful staff during your stay. As well, I'm glad that you found your room to be clean. Your comments regarding renovations will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
WoodSpring Suites Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie? Share your experiences!