“Fine hotel, but make sure you're at the correct pickup point at airport”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Fine hotel, but make sure you're at the correct pickup point at airport”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise. It was the average Holiday Inn, clean and neat. The front desk personnel were very courteous.

Make sure if you are using their shuttle pickup from the airport to the hotel that you wait at the ground transport pickup that is to the RIGHT of the baggage claim doors. We went to the left, as that was the main and largest area of hotel shuttles, and waited 30 minutes before we found out that there was a second pickup point. This area to the right is not only to the right of the doors, but also a bit "back" from the doors, so that you can't really see the area when you walk out from the baggage claim doors.

I had to call the hotel twice before we figured it out. The front desk people at the hotel need to be sure to ask that questions first when their patrons say they haven't seen the hotel shuttle.

We didn't eat the breakfast, as we wanted to dine at the fine Waffle House, as there are none in northern Indiana.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us and hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the hotel's transporation. We take these remarks very seriously and are presently working to ensure this does not happen again. Warm regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here before a cruise--park and cruise pkg. The shuttle driver from the airport to the hotel--Donald--was friendly and helpful! Michsa on the front desk was beyond accommodating and helpful with our requests! Michelle--the breakfast hostess--was also so friendly and helpful, singing her way through the morning rush!! The hotel was clean, updated and spacious in the rooms. The fitness center was also very nice. We would stay here again even though it was a little farther away from the cruise port.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
We are pleased your hotel experience was enjoyable and memorable, and we are pleased that our staff provided you with personalized service.We will ensure they are recognized for going 'over and beyond'! I hope that you and your family will return soon...we enjoy being a part of family memory making. Warm Regards!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had a very long day traveling. It seemed nothing had gone right, from ariving late to miss my flight, to delayed weather pushing my new flight back hours, I was beyond fustrated. Finally I arrive in Fort Lauderdale, and now it was time to find a hotel that was close to the airport because God knows I just wanted to check in and rest..... I started making calls and I was so appauled by how I was greated over the phone, some hotels just answered and put me on hold with out even asking while others just rambled the rates like it was a script they were reading, and than FINALLY I called Holiday Inn Express, I was greated by a very lovely and rather patient woman, by the name of Meesha, I must say, I was very fustrated at this point, she reminded me she was her to assit me and that she will do everything in her power to turn this day around for me.... She went on to give me the rates, which were exrtreamly reasoniable. I opted to secure my room and was praying that the service of the hotel would match Meesha's superior service over the phone. I am very please to say it did. I have since visited this hotel many times since than, as well as given several co workers and bussiness affilates this location in paticulars information due solely on the outstanding service Meesha provided.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank very_pleased05
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Every member of our team truly love their jobs and really enjoy serving our guests in hopes of creating a memorable experience. Thank you for recognizing their efforts especially Meesha's.. They do...because they care. Happy Holidays!
Fairfield, Montana
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The continental breakfast was one of the best we have experienced and Michelle was most pleasant. Also, the shuttle drivers (Donald and Robert) made our connections in a timely manner and also were able to advise about eating options in the evening. The room was adequate and the price very comparable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We wish you the best.
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Had reservations for 2 rooms, booked a week in advance. We arrived at 9:30 PM, I paid for my room and the couple we were traveling with paid for theirs. After we check in, the desk clerk informs us that one room is on the 2nd floor and the other is on the 5th. And the elevator is out of service! It's been out all day and a part had to be ordered. My wife is handicapped (well, enough so to have a handicap parking permit) and she has great difficulty climbing stairs. Our companions are in their 70's. We had a long day and weren't about to start hunting for another hotel. Our companions had to lug all their luggage up 5 flights of stairs while my wife climbed to the 2nd floor. I understand that mechanical failures can happen, but they had my cell phone number on the reservation. They couldn't call and let us know that there is no elevator? They wait until AFTER we check in and they take our money to inform us that there is no elevator? They refused to discount our room rate and I asked to speak to the manager. "No manager until 8 AM". At 9 AM, still no manager available and the day clerk only offered to add some points to my IHG rewards. Big deal! This is some terrible customer service. I gave this hotel a good review in the past, but after this, I will spend my hotel money elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit, we appreciate the feedback. We are very sorry for the elevator issue, the board that runs the elevator was zapped by an electrical storm. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. Sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do strive to be the best in the area. We hope you will give us another chance, when you are in our area again.
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

On 12-8-13, we got stuck at Fort Lauderdale international airport due to snow at home. We were happy to get a room! The facility was ok not great. The elevator was not working, so carrying all of our luggage up stairs wasn't fun! The breakfast bar was out of many things such as plates and milk. Given that they got flooded with people the night before they should have been ready. The staff was very unfriendly as well.

Stayed December 2013
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit, we appreciate the feedback. We are very sorry for the elevator issue, the board that runs the elevator was zapped by an electrical storm. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. Sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do strive to be the best in the area. Warm regards
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Right now my favorite hotel is the Holiday Inn Express & Suites where I am taking a 2-day intensive writing getaway. The suite I booked for less than $120 a night boasts twin queen beds, flat screen TV, a comfortable work station with complimentary wi-fi and wonderful lighting. It's roomy and downright delicious for a writer who has existed in cramped spaces and needs to quickly crank out a whole bunch of work But best of all is the free (to guests) breakfast buffet open from 6-10AM. Naturally, I got here before anyone else and was greeted by Michele, the hotel's legendary Breakfast Hostess. Legendary? Yes, And that's because she's "one of a kind. Loved by many.." and those Michele's own words. This adorable woman greets everyone with a huge smile, provides the best service I've ever seen and cooks all the tasty food herself. Omelettes, pancakes, biscuits and gravy ... all hot and delectable. Looking forward to the rest of my short stay. And thank you to Michele.

Room Tip: Call the hotel desk directly. I went through a service first and was given a much higher rate. I w...