“Nice Way to Spend a Few Hours”
Review of Flamingo Gardens

Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
rinis
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Nice Way to Spend a Few Hours”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I live right down the road from Flamingo Gardens and had never been before. My daughter had gone in kindergarten with her school and wasn't too sure she wanted to go, but with a sunny day and no plans - we decided to go. I had found a coupon for buy one get one free tickets, so we went in with a vague idea of what to expect. The entrance and exit is through the gift shop - they have many cute things for sale. As we walked into the park we were surprised that this is just off of Flamingo. The trees were huge! As I looked up I was afraid that this visit may be cut short as there were tons of spiders and spiderwebs. While they didn't bother me - my daughter would be a different story. Luckily she was fine with them being high above. We toured the park and had a lovely time. It was interesting to read the stories about the injured birds, walking through the aviary, seeing the bear (Josh the bear is now my daughter's favorite animal), otters and panther. We enjoyed a narrated tour of the Wray House and even stopped to enjoy an ice cream which was reasonably priced. We did not do the tram or any of the shows, but perhaps next time - and yes, we will definitely be back. Daughter said she really enjoyed it and looks forward to coming back.

Enjoy the park for what it is and the beautiful trees around you. Discounts can be found - so make sure you look for them!

1 Thank rinis
Claudia P, Public Relations Manager at Flamingo Gardens, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so glad that you and your daughter had such a good time. Remember, that a membership is a great way to come as many times as you like in the year for a small amount of money. See you again soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Coral Springs, Florida
1,055 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 806 helpful votes
“Flamingo's”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Flamingo Gardens was originally everglades, in 1926, Floyd Wray, w/others purchased 320 acres. In 1927, Orange Grove was opened. 1928 They created "Flamingo Gardens". They still have flamingo's, spindle legged birds, w/long necks and orange pink feathers. Plus lots of other wildlife.In 1933 the Wrays build a two bedroom house, as a weekend retreat. The house, now open to public as a museum. The Wrays purchased another 200 acres. By 1939, the grounds covered over 2,000 acres. They hold educational special events, craft & jewelry fairs. Flea markets, reptile shows, and plant events.This is a lush tropical gardens What makes this facility, 'special" they keep a bit of early twentieth century alive. This preservation repository for endangered plant & bird species. Inspires appreciation for the beauty and diversity of flora & fauna. The staff is professional and knowlegeable. They care for injured birds, animals and educate the public. They have shopping, food, facilities. Cost $

Visited August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your visit to Flamingo Gardens. We hope that you will visit again. The flamingos will be waiting!
Coral Gables, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Flamingo Gardens Food Truck”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stopped by Flamingo Gardens for the Food Truck on Friday nights from 5-9. The first stop was Legends for a pulled pork dish and guess what? They had run out of pork! Ended up getting Frankie's Pizza from Miami and a popsicle from Hip Pops. And a hot dog at Nacho Bizness. Only disappointment was not getting the pork. Nice family vibe. Everyone had their own lawn chairs and tables set up. Parking was across the street.

2 Thank sherylwarren
Auburn, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“First Time Visit”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had seen some photos that a friend took of the birds here and knew I needed a visit. I wasn't disappointed. Great aviary where the birds are so close to you just watch out for the overhead as you might get a surprise splotch on your head. I loved the flamingo pond and watching the otters at play too. The peacocks are everywhere and so pretty, the historical home was interesting. Snack bar has cold drinks for sale and a place to sit. Lots of shaded pathways, Bug spray is a good idea as they like the shaded areas just like me. Plenty of restrooms on site. Also, bring quarters to buy "food" out of the many little machines throughout the facility.

I'm so happy with my bird photos, thanks for providing this beautiful facility.

Visited July 2014
Claudia P, Public Relations Manager at Flamingo Gardens, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We are so glad that you were able to get such great photos of our birds and animals. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and we hope that you are able to visit again in the futue.
Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Casual and relaxing”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I always enjoyed Flamingo Gardens as a child and now I'm bringing my children here. I love strolling through the gardens, the wildlife encounter and the roaming peacocks in the gardens. Don't touch the feathers on the ground though, the staff will scold you! Tuesdays are the best day to go, as they offer Two for One.

Visited July 2014
Thank you for visiting and for making your own new memories of Flamingo Gardens. We are glad that your enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again real soon.