“Good but not the best”
Review of Old Florida BBQ - CLOSED

Old Florida BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I went to Old Florida BBQ Saturday night as my daughter had a performance at Bailey Hall in BCC that evening . We arrived just in time, (a little after six) and only had a 2-3 minute wait. We ordered the Smoked Turkey and the Brisket, both sliced not pulled.... with baked beans and coleslaw. The brisket and smoked turkey were both good and the beans were outstanding! The slaw was average.... After we ordered it seemed like the whole town of Davie was here, with a line out the door and a waiting list for seats. It also took awhile for our server to come back around... I understand that they were busy, so I get that.My point is that while this isn't Famous Dave's or Smokey Bones, this is a real down home feel good BBQ joint with reasonable prices! We will be back for sure

1  Thank DetroitDon

Reviewed 23 February 2014

After our day at Holiday Park in the glades we decided to have dinner at "Jimmy Riffle’s Old Florida BAR-B-Q" in davie and what a great choice.it's about a 20 minute ride from Holiday Park and well worth it.it is not a tourist trap although it is owned by one of the "gator boys" and of course has products for sale fro their show.W e had a party of about 25 people for the birthday dinner including children.we had called in advace to let them know we was on the way and it was all set up when we got there. We had thought that with making reservations so late we might have a long wait but even though they was very busy when we got there they had the tables ready.the service was great and very fast for a party our size.I did not hear one person in our party complain about the service.price of the food or the wait to get our food and no complaints about the great food.You can visit their site for menu prices and believe me when i tell you the prices were very reasonable.It is great food weather you enjoy the BBQ or just have a salad.Everyone from the cashier to the waitress's and mgmt was great.So if you want a great ending to your day at the park and a great lunch or dinner do yourself a favor and visit "Old florida BBQ".I am only sorry for one thing and that is it's a 45 minute ride from where we live but when i'am in the lauderdale area again i know where we will eat.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had the rib combo, St. Louis style and baby backs. They are advertised as fall off the bone, not mine. Good flavor and the barbecue sauces are good. The green beans horrible, had to send them back for cole slaw, that had way to much mayo. The corn on cob was ok, but not fresh, I will assume because time of year?

I would return to try something else. Staff was nice. I wanted to give it 4 stars but not yet, maybe next time.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times. They had a name change but same owners. The bbq sauce tasted watered down. The same kind lady who i ordered from at the old restaurant was not so kind. Not sure whats going on. I hope they pull it together or I will need to find a new bbq place.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Went for diner on a Monday evening at 6:15 PM and the restaurant was void of any customers. Three out of four of us ordered full racks of Baby Back Ribs with sides. When the meals arrived I was shocked at how small the racks of ribs were. The ribs were dry, over chared and tasteless. The baked potatoes were old (probably from lunch). With no customers to be served besides us the service was extremely slow with no follow-up. Just anothet restaurant with an absentee owner.Will not return or recomend.