“Awesome BBQ”

Ranked #28 of 269 Restaurants in Davie
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I visited Georgia Pig with a few co-workers and it was great. Older place that treats your good with great service and awesome BBQ. Everyting on the menu is fresh.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We just got back from lunch at the Georgia Pig, a Fort Lauderdale institution near the corner of US 441 (aka SR7) and Davie Boulevard. The restaurant has new owners as the previous owners have decided to retire. To cut to the chase, all is well! The new owners have kept everything the same, as Demanded by their clientele. The previous owner checks in periodically to ensure that what his family created is not messed with. Same great cooking, same waitresses, etc. To those who have never been, this is not a dress-up place. In our party of four today, we all got pork sandwiches, cole slaw, and potato salad - only the drinks were different. They have other items, but these are the essence of what the GP does well. I understand the Brunswick Stew is great as well, but I haven't experienced that first hand. Summary: the new owners are keeping the winning formula as is. Note: bring cash, no checks or credit cards accepted.

1  Thank nancysid
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has been a family favorite for over 40 yrs! Nothing fancy , just great good and friendly service. Don't miss the deluxe pork sandwich , our favorite! It's been there since the 50's and hopefully still be the in 2050!
Phil Demers and family

1  Thank Phil D
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Read about this fab place recently. I'm always on the lookout for the no-frills best-food-around place. I have been asking so many about it, apparently I am one of the few who had no clue about this amazing joint. No fancy plastic accepted, real people have cash. Just a good ole restaurant with some home cookin. It made my feel like I was in my Aunts kitchen, good food and sweet as pie people all serving you. I loved the rustic look, with the smell of the best pork around. It's oozing out of the walls. I can imagine over the years all the folk going there. When I walked in, I met a guy who said he's been going there 40 years. Ordered the pork sandwich, truly a party in my mouth! It melted, no need to chew the pork. I had to try the potato salad, this ain't your Momma's, serious? What is that flavor? Love it! Finishing off with the homemade Coconut Cream pie. microwave? Part of the secret.. Don't ask...if you don't like it, please don't go back, more food for me. I don't think I will sleep until I eat there again. It's so good you will slap your Momma!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had supper here on 5-12-14. I don't usually eat large meals so I had the Deluxe BBQ Pork sandwich with FF and slaw and a Coca-Cola drink (free refills) at the counter. You can go large with the platter combos or smaller with the "Small Fry" plates. All food is available for Take-Out (.25 extra per order). The food came up quick and the BBQ pork had its own distinctive taste which I liked very much. I used the Carolina-style sauce on the pork and it tasted real good. The FF did not seem to be fresh-cut. Also, I thought the cole slaw was just a bit watery.
The wait staff was very friendly, and leaves you alone to enjoy the meal. Please remember to bring CASH which is gladly accepted. I rate the food value here as very good.
The restaurant is what I call "country-style" similar to others back home in Ohio. There is no pretense only good-tastin' food.
You enter the Georgia Pig off the west side of SR 7, and drive around to a large parking lot in the back. There is a handicap space just as you pull in the drive.
Reported by AJM.