“Send Back The LongHorn”

Dining options: Delivery
plantation
“Send Back The LongHorn”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I took a guest to Long Horn on South University Drive, in Davie , Florida, for lunch ...remembering the wonderful experience I had at a different location. They are a chain and should be consistent, right?
We both ordered the Flo's Filet. One was a six ounce , the other was an eight. We included an order of the fried green tomatoes, as an appetizer as well as some wine.

the waitress forgot the requested lemon to go with the ice water
We had to send both of our steaks back
When they were brought out the steaks ...one had made it to the medium level...the other was cooked beyond what was asked for
Also, the size steaks were given to the wrong person
Once we received our recooked steaks...a lady approached us (without identifying herself) and asked if everything was good.....at that point we had been sitting for quite a while and didn't want to have to wait longer. We told her that things were fine.
There was no offer to comp the beverages...or desert had we ordered any.....
It was disappointing.
Send this Long Horn back

• Visited July 2014

Miami Gardens, Florida
“Steaks fries & decor”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Went with a group of friends for lunch. Never been to this restaurant but now I'll be back. Loved the decor and the food wasn't bad either. Only problem was soup was on the cool side. Had the 1/2 shaved prime rib sandwich with soup. Price was good and sandwich was better. Another gal got desert and could have served the entire table it looked so good.

• Visited June 2014
“Great spicy food and superb personel”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great moment at this place, ask for spicy food and not only give it to me it was xtremely good. Cold beer and great place. Really great place

Miami, FL
“Typical steakhouse”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

A bit overpriced and the portion sizes are a bit small. The service was excellent and timely, and the food arrived hot, however, it was just typical steakhouse fare. Nothing fancy or unique, and the price value was "Okay," but again, nothing stands out to say... this is great. Just a good family restaurant.

Visited March 2014
San Francisco, California
“If it was not for the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

During my vacation to south Florida, my local friends took me to eat at Longhorn. Sat at the bar with the lovely Sarah, enjoyed a couple of beers and dinner. Food was very good (steak was superb) and Sarah was very attentive and was willing to put up with all of my nonsense (no, not flirting!). However, time for dessert and she was just raving about the ice cream. When she fessed up and said it was not "vanilla" ice cream but rather "vanilla bean" ice, she had me sold. However, the density of beans flakes to actual cream was lacking. She had no explanation and my friends could sense my discontent.

Moral of the story - go to Longhorn, sit at the bar, talk to Sarah, enjoy a steak and a cold beer but do not order the vanilla bean ice cream.

• Visited May 2014