“Jim Norton of Weston dining at Great Mexican Place in Davie Florida”
Review of Azteca Real

Azteca Real
Ranked #23 of 280 Restaurants in Davie
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Azteca Real has authentic Mexican Food and great Service! I highly recommend it to locals and visitors alike!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Date of visit: Tues, 6/19/18, 7-8:15pm
My wife & I went to Taco Tuesday happy hour, sat at a table in the bar. We visit this restaurant several times a year. After the waiter took & delivered our food & beverage order (Latin male, tall, dark hair, about 50-55 years old), he did not attend to us at all until he brought the check. We had to wave & ask other waiters for refills – some who never returned, & I got up to ask different employees for drink refills, extra salsa and finally the bill. The bill incorrectly charged us the non-happy hour prices for our tacos (which were more tiny snack tacos with limited ingredients than what you would expect). This waiter said to just deduct the extra charged & pay that. We declined – I needed the proper bill, which he brought us.
So, I left cash for the bill and an extra $1 tip, much less than what was expected, as we had ZERO service the entire time – completely ignored by all. Then, as we exited the front door, this same waiter ran fast after us with a dollar in his hand saying loudly in front of everyone that we forgot this. I was very upset he made such a rude and disrespectful show in public, so I loudly told him the service was absolutely non-existent, we were ignored the entire time we were there, the bill was incorrect, so you deserved no tip. And, for sure, I told him, we will never return to this location again. These actions: ignoring us & running out after us – totally reflects on the restaurant for allowing such arrogance to be allowed. I am sure he has not only done this to us. So, we will not return to this location & we aren't seeking compensation. I also called from my car & asked for the manager & explained this, who was apologetic. He asked me to call the following day to speak with the general mgr. which I did twice, but he was never there (I feel my heart pounding as I write this).

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I am visiting from NJ and decided to try Azteca for Take-Out. Wow, I was more than pleasantly surprised. I had the Spinach Enchiladas w/black beans and white rice -- which also came with sour cream and quacamole. It was excellent! And I'm pretty fussy. I was shocked at the flavors of the entire dish. Great job Azteca!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This is the second time my group of friends has gone to that restaurant on a Sunday evening. Both times, at around 7pm the place was swarming with kids, yelling and screaming. The noise level was unacceptable. We even had to admonish one child who kept bumping into our chairs, in full view of the oblivious parent. You’d expect that of chucky cheese, a kids’ place, but not at a full service restaurant. I don’t know it they designate that as a kids’ night, but, if you don’t want to shout your conversations, avoid it on Sunday afternoons/evenings. The place cleared of the children around 7:30, and we thought that we could finally converse in peace, but that’s when the juke box music started at EXTREMELY high volume, playing RAP music, of all things. Not the kind of music one expects of a Mexican restaurant.
The food is fine there, but if you want to have a relaxing meal, don’t go on a Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We came to Azteca Real with family while we were visiting Davie. They heartily recommended Azteca Real. It is an outlying building in a medium-sized mall and is one of several restaurants in the mall, so it has to keep its game up. There is plenty of parking in the shopping mall lot around the restaurant. The restaurant was really busy. Our server was at the table quickly, though she seemed quite busy during the evening. We ordered a warm refried bean dip with queso. For entrees, we ordered a macho burrito with ground beef. They actually brought a macho chicken burrito first, but quickly replaced it with the correct one, which was appreciated. We also ordered a chicken enchilada. Pork fajitas was the other entree that we ordered. We found it to be very tasty and tender. Service was a bit to the higher side of average, but what made Azteca Real really good was the taste of the food and the extremely ample portions.