“Not exactly what is advertised”
Review of Bar-B-Ranch

Bar-B-Ranch
Reviewed 2 April 2011

I have 2 little girls aged 10 and 8 who just adore horses. In fact it is fair to say their world revolves around horses. When we searched the net and found a day camp that promised not only riding but all the aspects of horse care you can imagine how excited they got. The cost for the whole day was $50, well too good to be true, sure was. I rang to check the facts and sure enough was told everything on the website. When I dropped the girls off, there were about 20 other kids primarily girls. The selection process for horses went on for quite a while, that was where I left their happy faces. When I picked them up and they were in the car I got a very different story. There was no grooming or mucking the stables, in fact the girls were not allowed anywhere near the horses except when riding. The one element that worried me the most was the behavior as described to me by my girls of the regular older girls. Apparently they were very rude and quite bossy. This was the most upsetting aspect for my girls. My girls are quite tough so when I get told this I am concerned. Even though they love horses they do not want to go back. It is cheap babysitting for the day but you may not have a happy camper at the end if your expectations are set by reading the marketing blurbs

10  Thank Matt196446

Reviewed 6 April 2010

I have been to Bar-B-Ranch many times. It is very fun and there is horses for every level of experiance. If you are a horse lover you should come to this ranch you would have a lot of fun. Everyone there is very nice and willing to help you with any problems you have. You can go on Bar-B-Ranch to look for more information.

3  Thank ToPaZ101614
Reviewed 29 January 2010

My daughter Erika began riding at 6 at the Bar-B-Ranch (yes we lied and said she was 7!). The first horse she rode was Diggers and the rest is history. My daughter went to the Day Camp at Bar-B-Ranch for several years. Erika learned so much from Sam. She litterally learned everything on how to take care of a horse. Today she is 17 and has had a horse of her own for the past 5 years. Because of her experience with horses she will be going to college to become an Equine Vet. Because of Sam and the Day Care program, the ground rules were set and influenced a little girl that has affected her life in a positive manner. Thank you again!

1  Thank capragal
Reviewed 18 May 2009

To me this place could be my second home. But i do want to warn you to bring some rubber boots. It could get pretty messy. For the day and summer camp you have to sign up before 8:30. When you first get there you just wait for a while and you can go and see the horses or you can chat with friends. Then the leader Sam he comes and asignes you a horse you can ride or you pick a horse you have riden before. You also have a chose to ride Western or Bareback but for bareback you have to ask Sam. So once we are on the trail you can see and hear many birds and see many diffrent types of animals. On the morning trail we go through the wooded area we trot, canter.Theres also alot of twists and turns so hang onto your saddle. We ride over 2 hours. Then we come to the ranch and wait for a couple of hours cause we eat lunch. You can either buy lunch or bring your own. and after lunch we go back on the trail. And after that ride we comr back and get ready to go home so i dont what that guy was talking abouat have you ever heard the saying"if you have nothing good to say dont say any thing at all."

3  Thank roanylover