After much searching we booked this place because it was fairly central for where we wanted to go in the area- especially Lyme Park. It was a nice enough little place, and the rooms although small, were clean and well kept. The cooking was divine, especially the pastries in the Continental Breakfast, which are certainly worth a try if you like that sort of thing. It is also a good location for hiking, which we didn't get to do, but I will certainly do if I go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Peak District National Park, this delightful Inn dates back to the building of the turnpike from Old Glossop to Buxton in 1792. Today, the resident owners extend a warm welcome to all who visit their country hostelry, good food, a well balanced Wine Menu, well kept real ales and comfortable bedrooms. Ideally situated for great walking or touring. We are Hayfield's ONLY main entry in the Good Pub Guide 2009. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Lantern Pike Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lantern Pike Hotel Little Hayfield
- Lantern Pike Inn Little Hayfield, Peak District National Park