We came from London and were pretty stressed out when we arrived at the Inn. We were greeted with a very warm welcome and a re-assuring smile from Tom, who put us at ease straight away. We needed somewhere to go to get away from things for a while and this is the place to do that. We had an evening meal there on our first night and we thought the food was very good. The beer is even better. Room was fine, and breakfast was excellent. The views are something else. We do intend to go back there again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Peak District National Park, this delightful Inn dates back to the building of the turnpike from Old Glossop to Buxton in 1792. Today, the resident owners extend a warm welcome to all who visit their country hostelry, good food, a well balanced Wine Menu, well kept real ales and comfortable bedrooms. Ideally situated for great walking or touring. We are Hayfield's ONLY main entry in the Good Pub Guide 2009. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Lantern Pike Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lantern Pike Hotel Little Hayfield
- Lantern Pike Inn Little Hayfield, Peak District National Park