“Awesome Honeymoon”

Ranked #65 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Greenfield, OH
“Awesome Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

My husband and I was driving to Florida on our honeymoon when we stopped by Pirates Cove. We came across a wonderful lady named Alice who rented us her condo for a wonderful price. We had a gorgeous view and seen dolphins every morning. It was so nice and peaceful. The condo was georgeous and had everything that we needed. We wanted to thank her for her hospitality and give her our overall thanks! We had a wonderful time and honeymoon there thanks to her!

Rich and Lori
"honeymooners from Ohio"

Room Tip: Ask for Alice!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lori S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I had a great summer stay here. It was right on the beach and very comfortable with a beautiful view. The closeness to many great restaurants made finding a place to eat easy. My only issue was that the hotel restaurant was not completed yet.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deanna S
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stayed here over the summer and I found it to be a great stay. The location is great I needed only to walk over to some great seafood restaurants that are across the street. Also the view of the beach is magnificent your really in the center of all the action on the beach. My only issue was some of the renovating construction that was going on.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher M
daytona beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Very clean and well managed. Easy to find-straight shot from exit # 256 on I-95. Direct oceanfront with oceanfront pool. Restaurant on site, but closed and temp. Very reasonable rates with periodic room rate specials. out of business.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank connie s
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I am writing this review on behalf of my sister, who recently reserved a room - months ahead of time - to stay at the Pirate's Cove. She had all of the appropriate confirmation information regarding her trip. Her flight, however, was going to arrive in the evening on the date of her check-in. The front office here informed her that they close at 9pm. First of all, what kind of establishment located in Daytona Beach closes that early? The Motel 6 in Paris, Ohio is open for check-in all night, for crying out loud. Second of all, what kind of establishment closes that early in the height of tourist season?

This reservation was set for mid-July, 2012. Magnanimously, the office agreed to keep someone there until 930pm, but if my sister arrived after that time, they would leave a key to her room. I am happy to report, they did, at least, do that much. However, when my sister went up to that room, there were two other women already settled in it. After much discussion and debate, the group was able to get ahold of the Pirate's Cove's owner, who, at that moment, informed my sister that 2 days prior she had taken that room's rental off the market. There was no contact, courteous or otherwise, which informed her of this. She found out WHEN SHE ARRIVED IN HER ROOM, and only after this little dispute forced a call to the owner.

So, needless to say, you can make a reservation here. You may even get a confirmation of that reservation. However, they may decide to pull that rug out from under you at any time, even as little as 2 days before you're departing for your vacation, AND THEY MAY NOT EVEN TELL YOU ABOUT IT.

This is NOT the way I would like to be treated if I'm planning a trip to Daytona, whether I were alone or with a family of six. Think about that before calling or clicking.

Room Tip: I can't exactly provide specific ratings above, and the proposed occupant never made it into her...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
11 Thank Kevin M

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Newnan, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I went down July 16th 2012 for my Husbands Grand Mothers Funeral. We had come from just south of Atlanta and were very tired when we got in. We tried to find another room somewhere else and couldn't. We tried at Pirates Cove and they had a vacancy! We got the room and went in to rest not even looking around. When we woke up we went for a walk on the beach then came back to the room by then it was Dark out. When we got back and turned on the lights all you could see is roaches crawling everywhere! we went to get a shower and there was black curly hair all in the shower and soap still on the shower walls DRIED, also the shower curtain had mold all over it and there was no rug for the shower when U get out! I have never seen such filthy floors and the dust was soo thick on everything it was truly sickening! We had no choice but to stay the nite because the office was closed by this time!! We went to check out and I told her that it was the filthy's place I had ever been in and the bugs were everywhere!! She said well the last ppl that were there didn't complain! I asked for half our money back and she said she didn't have the authority to do that!! So all I am saying is if U like to sleep with bugs crawling all over U and shower with filth U should defiantly stay there if NOT do NOT even pull in the parking lot. I have pics and videos of this disgusting place!!! Posting videos on u-tube and Facebook!!!! We paid $100.12 for 1 nite! never again not worth 20 a nite!

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank cmathers
San Antonio, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

You can really make this place work for you, if you're willing to do without some conveniences that you may have gotten used to! Consider these qualifications:

There's no daily maid service. Do you really need this?

There's no complimentary breakfast. With what you're saving, you can treat yourself to breakfast out every day ... OR ... you can make your own coffee and a quick breakfast using the small efficiency kitchen.

The room is a bit older, in need of some sprucing up, including paint. Chances are, unless you've gone through a remodel at home in the last five years, this place may be in better repair than your own home.

If I were to stay here again, I would bring drawer liners for the dresser and extra towels, including mat, for the bath.

Bed is comfy, and AC is in tip-top shape.

Pool is HUGE and awesome.

Parking lot is well-lit and secure.

Definitely a no-frills vacation for us. The price was VERY right, even if the space took a bit of getting used to. We're uncertain about coming back, but mainly because we like to patronize the smaller mom 'n pop motels lest they give way to pricey condos and trendy chains.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for oceanfront view -- third floor or higher is best
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Tropical Suites Daytona Beach
Tropical Suites Daytona Beach
#69 of 103 in Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#1 of 2 in Daytona Beach Shores
#59 of 103 in Daytona Beach
Sand Castle Motel
Sand Castle Motel
#60 of 103 in Daytona Beach

Been to Pirates Cove? Share your experiences!