“BUGS--Cockroaches scurrying around at night on floors and walls.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pirates Cove

Pirates Cove
Ranked #65 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“BUGS--Cockroaches scurrying around at night on floors and walls.”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Great location and room initially appeared great and clean. However, after a few nights staying there I noticed a lot of bugs!!!!! There are cockroaches up to an inch long that scurry around at night (they are nocturnal) on the floors and walls. I would NEVER stay here again. I am frantically going through all my luggage hoping that I didn't bring any home with me. I wish I had read the reviews here beforehand, as others reported bugs as well. They may not be in every unit but ours was definitely infested. Very disgusting.

• Stayed April 2013
10 Thank LoveFloridaSand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Love it,quite and clean,no bugs and great views..Not the shores resort but thats 150 more and place is very nice. Pool was nice and beach is very clean. Looked for less expensive and are none. Can park my motorcycle right n front.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank L V
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Opted for Pirates Cove because it is without doubt the best location directly on the beach. Close enough to everything, removed enough from the honkytonk aspect of DB. What a delightful surprise. This condohotel has the nicest concierge/desk personnel, I wanted to see my unit before I said yes. Wow! Newly redone, first class luxe unit (311) complete with everything including a full-size brand new deluxe kitchen, crown moldings, wood and carpeted floors, vessel sink, private jacuzzi, high end designer furniture. Even the balcony was carpeted and the outdoor bistro set was designer. The concierge said that most of the units have been resold and the new owners are going all out in their redo's. Exterior of bldg also being enhanced and restaurant being redone and reestablished.. Kudos to the management! Much more than I expected and can't wait to return..

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank GilMills
orlando
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My wife and I stayed in unit #526 in the Pirate's Cove Building for a long weekend before a lot of relatives came down for Christmas this year. The unit is owned by a Michael Nacea and it's obvious he takes pride in keeping his condo maintained. Everything was top-notch and super clean. We really enjoyed the balcony and its view of endless ocean and beach (actually saw dolphins on more than one occasion) . We also enjoyed nightly sipping wine on the balcony watching the day change to evening and cooking some great dinners and breakfast's too in the fully equipped kitchen. The studio has got everything you need: nice size flat screen T.V., its own wifi and internet, very comfortable queen beds (I think they were pillow top beds), and nice leisure furniture throughout. Oh, the bathroom has recently been remodeled and looks nice too. As far as the location goes, it is has easy access from the highway in Daytonna Beach and is surrounded by many close restaurants if you don't want to cook. Well, we slept lke babies on the ocean and are already looking forward to returning for some more "r and r" as soon as we can. This place is great and really an ecoonomical find too.

Room Tip: Some units are individually owned so you have to be careful which one you might decide to rent.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank pianomanOrlando
orange city, FL
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This is an older property, however, it is continually being maintained and upgraded. The staff is very knowledgable and friendly and you could not ask for a better value right on the beach. It is within close walking distance to many great restaurants, miniature golf and shops and public transportation is right outside the door. We, along with our family and friends, have been coming here for many years and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: The front desk will be glad to show you a few rooms, from which you may select.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank saltlifechic
Germany
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed for a month and a half at and loved every minute of it! Beautiful ocean view, helpful staff, close to everything--couldn't have asked for a better place to live while waiting to close on my house! The room was super clean, cozy, and nicely decorated with beach decor. I'd recommend Pirate's Cove to anyone wanting a true Florida vacation experience!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Andy K
Greenfield, OH
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My husband and I was driving to Florida on our honeymoon when we stopped by Pirates Cove. We came across a wonderful lady named Alice who rented us her condo for a wonderful price. We had a gorgeous view and seen dolphins every morning. It was so nice and peaceful. The condo was georgeous and had everything that we needed. We wanted to thank her for her hospitality and give her our overall thanks! We had a wonderful time and honeymoon there thanks to her!

Rich and Lori
"honeymooners from Ohio"

Room Tip: Ask for Alice!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#14 of 102 in Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#1 of 2 in Daytona Beach Shores
#60 of 102 in Daytona Beach
Sand Castle Motel
Sand Castle Motel
#61 of 102 in Daytona Beach

Been to Pirates Cove? Share your experiences!