This was an interesting visit, in May 2012 to Daytona Beach. The hotel is a modern facility, significantly more upscale than the Cocoa Beach Hilton from which I had just come. The lobby is bright and glamorous, with valet parking and helpful bellhops. Check-in was fast, the elevators worked well and are surprisingly large (big groups, I guess). Our upgraded room ($179 with ocean view) overlooked the boardwalk and amusement rides, which was interesting, and also faced the Kennedy Space Center where we watched a launch at 3am about 80 miles to the south-east. Very cool.
The rooms were a little smaller than I expected, and the bathroom definitely was on the cramped side. But everything was clean, worked well, no mold in the showers, luggage rack in the closet and -- surprise -- windows that opened, onto a tiny balcony. A real treat to listen to the ocean waves all night.
The town of Daytona Beach is a bit of a jumble, with souvenir shops and tacky restaurants all mixed in with nicer establishments. The beach is QUITE nice, better than Cocoa Beach in my mind. And there's a scattering of amusement park rides that at a busier time of year probably would have been a lot of fun for people-watching.
The most interesting aspect of this hotel is what they don't tell you. For example, there are numerous bars and lounges in the lobby, but you have to go hunting for them. There's a Starbucks in the front of the hotel, at street level, but no signs to point you there. And there's a fabulous steak house at the north end of the hotel where we would have very much enjoyed dining, but didn't learn about it until after our dinner. So they need to do a better job publicizing their amenities -- they're probably are more which I never uncovered before check-out.
The hotel is a $15-20 cab ride from the Daytona Beach Airport, and cabs are plentiful.
I'd recommend this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort is located in the heart of the 'World's Most Famous Beach'. Our resort offers seven onsite restaurants and lounges, a full service spa, two outdoor pools, whirlpools, fitness center and 60,000 sq/ft. of event/meeting space. You will enjoy our proximity to great local attractions and a variety of entertainment options at walking distance from our hotel. Make sure to visit the Ocean Walk Shoppes, Daytona Lagoon Waterpark, Daytona International Speedway, LPGA International or enjoy festivals at the Daytona Beach Bandshell - featuring outdoor Summer concerts and fireworks every Saturday from Memorial Day through Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hilton Daytona Resort
- Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort Florida