“Beautiful Beachside Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sharpsburg, Georgia
“Beautiful Beachside Hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

Large upscale beachside hotel. Room was very nice and spacious. Very convenient to shopping and restaurants. Be sure to reserve oceanview room, some North Tower rooms have ugly view of rooftop and no beach.

• Stayed April 2013
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for sharing thoughts from your recent Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort Getaway! We are truly pleased to read that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as our central location! It is our hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
Littleton, CCO, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Nice location with great views. The hotel needs to be remodeled. Great beach area and easy access in and out of the hotel. The staff was etremely freidnly and was ready to help in anyway possible.I didn;t try the in-house resteraunsts, there are plenty of choices close to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Steven E
We’re so glad you enjoyed beautiful Daytona Beach just steps from our property while our staff impressed you with attentive service. Currently, we are working to complete a number of extensive upgrades to our guest rooms as well as our public areas and hope you’ll book a future stay soon to take advantage of all of our refreshes! Thank you for your review.
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here this April again for an event at the ocean center because there really are not many good choices these days in this town. We checked in at 1:00 and were told our room would not be ready until 4:00 total bummer but we changed and went to the beach. At 4:30 room still not ready and could not get a key until 5:00. Definitely would not expect this for any guest but my husband was fuming as a Hilton honors member! Luckily we were having a fun time with friends at the pool bar so we did not cause a stink over it. The place was packed while we were here for a competition and the staff did not seem ready for it. I do have to say that overall our stay was better than our last visit but they still have a long way to go. This year we stayed in the north tower, which was better than the south but still in need of a serious update and some attention with housekeeping. The floors could have been much cleaner and the bathroom def could have used a new shower curtain and blower dryer was on its last leg. There are positives here though if you can overlook a bit.... Location is great to ocean center, band shell, boardwalk and ocean walk for shops and dining. Good wifi and Prime beach location where the cars do not drive so felt very safe with the kids on the beach. Can easily walk down the street to various places for breakfast so you are not stuck eating in the hotel. Will likely stay again next April unless another nearby property renovates first because you really do not have a lot of choice in this area unless you want to stay near the racetrack.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We were delighted to welcome you back for a stay at our resort, thank you for choosing us again. It is wonderful to read that our no-traffic, beachfront location was ideal for you and your family to enjoy the sand and sun as well as explore the surrounding area. We extend our sincerest apologies, however, for any delays in getting you into your accommodations, we appreciated your patience. Currently, we are completing extensive guest room upgrades and hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy these refreshes. Thank you for your feedback and for your husband’s continued loyalty to our brand as an HHonors member.
Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed at the hotel this week with another couple.

I booked the rooms fairly last minute, but still found a great rate on the Hilton Website, around $89..

The arrival experience was fairly painless. We arrived and valet parked the car, as the $7 difference was not worth the hike across A1A.

Check-in was pretty fast and efficient, though only one room as available. We did not mind waiting for the second, since we had the one to go to.

We had oceanview rooms on the 10th floor. The particular view we had was to the south and while not directly oceanfront, I actually prefer this view because you have the ocean and the pier and the nice expansive view to the south. This is actually a money saver as these rooms are cheaper than the oceanfront.

Rooms look a little dated and need to be upgraded. They are clean, but it is obvious that the room renovation work has been very much a touch up job, rather than a complete redo. The TV does not fit well in the armor and the furniture itself seems to have been through a few wars, probably taking a beating from the spring breakers.....

The beds were comfortable and the TV had a nice selection of channels.

The pool areas are nice. We liked the main pool, but loved the serenity of the 5th floor North Tower Pool. It is a hidden gem. You can also play shuffle board, pool, and chess here.

The lobby areas are very nice. They have completely changed the lobby from the earlier days of this hotel. The new sports bar and restaurants are very nice and welcome.

Breakfast was very nice. The buffet is quite expansive and among the better Hilton buffets that I have seen. They have made to order eggs and omelets.

Overall, this is a nice hotel.. It is obvious that it could use a bit of updating, but for the price, it can't be beat. The location is superior to other Daytona hotels and the staff is very helpful and welcoming.

I will definitely return to this hotel when in the area.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms on higher floors are just as good as oceanfront rooms at a lower price.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank crazyhotelguy
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
What a wonderfully detailed recap of your recent visit to the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort! It is great to read of all that you enjoyed during your visit such as your pleasant interaction with our staff and numerous amenities you were able to utilize. We are continuing to complete extensive upgrades throughout our guest accommodations and public areas and we appreciate that some of the completed updates were mentioned in your review. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Daytona Beach.
Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,680 helpful votes
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Hilton Daytona Beach is a large Hilton establishment that’s literally too big for its own good. It boasts a prime location beachside at world famous Daytona Beach. Our 11th floor south tower room impressively faced the beach and ocean. The waves were so loud that we had to shut the sliding glass door (no balcony) when we wanted peace. Hotel staff made an effort to be cordial and upbeat, smiling and speaking cheerfully whenever they saw us. Our queen bed was a step up from the one we had at the Hampton Inn and Suites in St. Petersburg, but most other categories had this Hilton ranking far lower.

One doesn’t come to Hilton Daytona to mellow out. This area is a prime attraction for college spring break, and it shows. The hotel looks tired all around, as if the workers just can’t keep up with regular maintenance, let alone periodic upgrades. The carpets are stained, the windows are filthy (blocking what should be a glorious view) inside the room and in the corridors, there was black grime under the security bars in the tub, and the pool had a few plastic wrappers floating about. Sure, the pool was quite nice. There was a great waterfall and two Jacuzzis, but even they looked tired. The water in the Jacuzzi was quite low, suggesting that nobody was monitoring it, and the fake stone decorations reeked of 1970s construction.

Parking was no cake walk. As others have mentioned, there was the choice between self-parking in the paid lot across a busy street or valet parking in front of the hotel. Unfortunately, the space for valet parking was inadequate for the clientele, and cars got backed up and inched around each other enough to make even the calmest clam nervous. Again, it just seemed as if the hotel was too big for its own good.

To me, the big hotel feel of Hilton Daytona was nauseating. I couldn’t wait to get away from the piped in, pseudo-jazz fusion music with the obligatory and incessant sax melody. It felt like a poor man’s version of Vegas (and I hate Vegas) or caricature of a big hotel that one might watch on SNL. In addition, whereas so much was included in the Hampton value package, so little was included here. Guests are subjected to $12-20 parking fees, $13 internet fees, $2 local calls, and $20 breakfasts (no discount except for very young children). With tax and tip, you’re easily exceeding $100 for a family of four. Sure, the egg man was incredible, but there’s only so much you can get out of an omelet! Plus, for some reason the staff has been instructed to speak to guests as if they’re deaf. Sure – it’s up beat, but it’s also startling in the morning when we’re just aching for a cup of coffee.

Daytona Beach itself is rather grimy. We loved riding bumper cars, and we found some terrific taffy, but it’s missing the charm of a city not fraught with cheap tourist shops and pizza joints. Hilton tries to juxtapose that by flaunting its brand, but the quality just isn’t up to par. This is one of the homeliest looking Hiltons I’ve visited, so it’s actually not a bad fit for the location.

7 Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
Thank you for sharing your input. We are sorry to learn that your recent stay did not exceed your expectations and appreciate that you took the time to provide your feedback. Our top priority is the satisfaction of our guests, so we will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate teams to make certain we do everything we can for our guests to enjoy pleasant and comfortable visits. We are currently working on extensive upgrades to our guest accommodations as well as our public areas while our website offers a number of specials and packages featuring discounted rates as well as complimentary amenities like parking, Wi-Fi and our breakfast buffet. We sincerely hope you’ll consider giving our resort another try in the future so that we may impress you at every turn.
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I was in for a trade-show but since I live so close I decided to bring my wife and two boys along to enjoy the property and enjoy they did. We were in an oceanfront double queen that had plenty of space for all of our many bags (even a three day trip with two little ones takes a lot of luggage). The valet and bell staff were excellent and helped me unload my fully packed Durango on to two carts, one for work and one for personal. The trade-show would not let me take my cart in to the exhibit hall a day early so the bell staff safely stored my cart overnight and then delivered it to my booth.

I needed a mini fridge and the front desk and housekeeping made this happen quickly and the gentleman that delivered it even put some bottled waters in it for us. The view from the sliding window was awesome and sleeping with the window open with the sounds of the ocean was a treat.

My wife and boys were able to hang out by the ocean and pool and enjoyed the poolside dining from the Pelican Bar.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
At the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing unmatched service as soon as you arrive at The World’s Most Famous Beach! We are so glad to read of the occasions when our staff happily assisted you or responded to any requests. Your kind mention of our room view as well as our poolside Pelican Bar are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your feedback and wonderful recommendation, please come back again soon!
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Many hotels are good. I would even say that most hotels have minor problems. The way THIS hotel reacts to challenges makes it one of the best places that I've ever stayed. I showed up without a reservation, during Spring Break, for a 2 day business function. Without disclosing my Hilton Gold status, the front desk clerk (Damn, I wish I could remember his name!) not only grabbed me a room - but upgraded my room and gave me complimentary breakfast vouchers. When the parking gate wouldn't open (requiring me to pay overnight parking), the front desk immediately and without any further questions credited the parking against my room - and then issued me a working parking card. When I had my office overnight a package to the hotel, these guys watched for the package like they were expecting a donor organ. Oh - and THEN there is the actual hotel itself. Beachfront view from the room. Great lounge with live music at night. Perfect breakfast (omlettes, salmon, waffles, etc.) in the morning. The only regret I had is that this was a business trip. Congratulations, Hilton brand. For what it's worth, you've earned my business for another year.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rbmccau
Wow! It means so much to us to know that our staff made your business stay at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort a memorable visit. We are truly grateful that you took the time to share the examples of customer service you experienced and will be certain to share them with our entire team. Our guests are our top priority and our goal to impress them throughout every moment of their visit drives all that we do. We hope to have an opportunity to impress you further during a future stay at our hotel. Thank you for your kind remarks.