“Best location in Daytona Beach, very clean”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Best location in Daytona Beach, very clean”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I've stayed at this hotel in the past and really like how grand and clean the interior is. The room rates are very reasonable. I recommend a City View Deluxe room if you have kids. You get a living room area that has a fold out bed and two chairs, 3 tables, lamps, etc. The room is very spacious. There are only 11 of these rooms in the entire hotel and they are much better in my opinion then the standard room. The parking is high but I chose to valet my car @ $20.00 a night plus tax. The parking lot across the street is not very safe at night and I don't mind paying to keep my car safe. There is a wonderful restaurant here that has a great breakfast buffet, but it is $20.00 a person, so also on the high side. The hotel is older however is very very clean. Pet friendly too which is a plus. They do charge a $50.00 fee for pets that is non-refundable. The fees are not bad though considering that for a holiday weekend with taxes, resort fees, etc. I only paid $490.00 for 4 nights. This is the best location on the beach hands down.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
It means a great deal to us that you believe the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort has the best location in Daytona after your recent stays with us. We’re so glad you consider our beachfront, pet-friendly property to be a value that provided you with clean, spacious guest accommodations. Thank you for sharing your thoughts as well as your appreciation for Doc Bales’ Grill which offers daily breakfast buffet and Power Lunches. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was very please with the location of the hotel. The ocean view was fantastic. The bell service and cleaning staff was great. However the front desk standard of customer service was terrible. The front desk staff who assisted me had a nasty disposition. She over charged my card in error, she did not apologize or listen with empathy. I was given wrong information on her behalf and had to ask for a manager. I was not even given any check-in instructions such as: wifi passwords, telephone and business center info. I was highly unhappy with the lack of customer service skills displayed by the front desk staff in general. I can say that the manager did apologize and rectify all of the wrongs caused by her staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Deandrea B
While we are thankful that you enjoyed our property’s location and view as well as the service a number of our staff members provided, it is truly regrettable that your overall experience was not more positive. We are so sorry for any inconvenience you endured at our front desk and appreciate that you not only shared your feedback but noted that our manager was able to resolve any issues you had. We will pass along your comments to our team to ensure that providing top-notch customer service continues to be our top priority. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Daytona Beach/ Ocean Walk Village for 1 night on July 2, 2013 for business. I was very pleased with selecting this hotel. As you drive up to the hotel, you have your choice of self parking (off-site across the street) for $12/Day or Valet Parking $19/Day. I was checked in immediately and was upgraded to a stunning ocean view! My room was 737 and I had a view of the pool, boardwalk and ocean! If you have small children or can't sleep with a lot of noise I would not recommend selecting this room. Due to the boardwalk rides the outside was a bit noisy. The room was very spacious and the view was excellent. The facility has easy access to the beach as well as many shops and restaurants. The hotel is in a prime location. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would recommend this hotel to both family's and people traveling alone. There is a 10/day resort fee which is clearly stated when you book the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Situated on the sand-packed beaches of Daytona and located within walking distance of many area attractions, the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort offers the perfect accommodations when visiting the area. We’re so happy our location made your business stay a pleasant one and that you enjoyed your upgraded guest room. Thank you for your feedback and recommendation, we can’t wait to welcome you back again!
Wichita, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This trip was a straight business venture where my company used the hotel grounds and convention center for its event. The initial experience with the hotel was average; in other words, from the outside it looked like any other beachside hotel. Self-parking was offsite and not well labeled; however the bell staff was courteous and pointed me in the right direction. The hotel entrance is airy, but feels a bit dated. The front desk staff did not have my room ready upon check-in, so I waited at the lounge for it to be readied. The bar food was adequate, but not fantastic. Once to my room, I found it very nice with a great ocean view. some of the furniture was rather well used, so I made do with the best available chair in the room and moved that to the work desk as it was more comfortable than the one provided. The shower had adequate water pressure, even if I had to bend somewhat for where the shower head was located. I could hear quite a bit of noise from both outside and my neighbors, so that was a detractor from my experience. Additionally, my air conditioner made odd noises in the middle of the night which woke me up every single evening of my stay. The workout facility was small and average at best. There were several treadmills and the like, but very little in the way of strength training equipment available; free weights only went up to 50 lbs and there was no sort of bench or lower body machines at all. The conference facilities met our needs but spread us out over both towers of the hotel. For leisure, the hotel did a great job of offering evening activities outside and the beach access was superb. Overall, the experience was in the B - B+ range.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

While we appreciate that your recent business stay met your needs, we are truly saddened that your experience did not exceed expectations of our property. We are thankful that you found our room views, social events, and beach access pleasing, however, we regret if any aspect of your stay was amiss. We will be certain to share your feedback with our team as we continue to evaluate ways in which we can improve upon the guest experience we deliver. Thank you for your thoughts, we hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Tampa, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Hotel was great for family reunion.. Room rates were very reasonable. Family loved the location and we all had ocean view rooms. Kid friendly; My grandchildren had a great time. Staff was most helpful and friendly.. Me and my husband plan on going back soon...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
What a wonderful time it must have been to enjoy a family reunion at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort! We are overjoyed you selected our hotel as the site for your extended family vacation, we’re so glad that guests of every age enjoyed their time here. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your mention of our location, staff and rooms. We can’t wait to welcome you back next time you’re in Daytona!
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was nervous about my stay at this property, mainly because of all the negative comments I had read on this site. Despite the many complaints regarding "extra fees" there were no fees I was not well aware of from reading (in detail) the hotel description before booking. In fact, the hotel exceeded my expectations in some ways, and was exactly what I expected to get in others.
Our trip was originally supposed to be my husband, our daughter and I, driving into the area and arriving late afternoon on 6/16. However, my husband had to stay behind and tend to some family business, so three weeks prior we booked airfare to Orlando for just my daughter (turning 15 during the trip) and I. We arrived at the hotel just after noon, well before the 4pm check in time. The oddly steep grade of the hotel's circle driveway, combined with a lot of people still checking out, made for a few tense moments navigating our rental car. When I told a bellman that we were checking in that day, he confirmed we were too early to check in, but encouraged me to go ahead and park, enjoy the area, and directed us to the self-park lot. Contrary to the complaints on this site, the parking is not at all far for most guests (although the elderly, those with disabilities and/or babies or little ones might consider valet).
After parking, we gathered the items we would need for the beach and headed into the hotel to see where we might be able to change clothes. The front desk clerk (I am sorry I did not get her name) was super nice and not only offered to find us an immediate room, but gave us a free upgrade to an oceanfront room in the south tower. Wow!!
Our room had an incredible view. Words can't describe! Again, because of the reviews, I had no preconceived expectations about the sliding glass window and railing. No, it is not a deck, but to be able to open the window, hear the waves, watch a late night thunderstorm, etc, was awesome.
The room itself was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Some of the best I have ever slept on in a hotel. There was a safe in the closet, along with a nice waffle-fabric bathrobe that my teenage daughter delighted in wearing during our stay. The furniture in the room was extremely mismatched, but since my own home is that way, I wasn't too bothered by it! Seriously, yes, they could definitely stand to update the armoire, desk, etc, but I was not there for the furnishings! We (I) had issues with loud neighbors one night of our stay, but I managed to fall asleep shortly before I told myself I was going to call the front desk to complain. All staff I came in contact with seemed friendly and competent.
Access to the beach was incredible, and, again despite the reviews, the Boardwalk area was fun and safe. There was an extremely entertaining street performer, Shel, out beneath the clock tower on both Sunday and Tuesday nights. We were able to rent boogie boards right at the beach, and there were plenty of tables and chairs outside on the various levels of the hotel to sit out while we ate lunch or a snack.
There was a Christian youth conference coming in on Monday, and the hotel was full of kids and teens, but we never experienced any problems. In fact, because they set up a pizza station in the main lobby, we were able to enjoy a pizza, soda and cookie lunch for only $5 each. This was the only meal we ate at the hotel.
The swimming pool at the south tower was small, but adequate and clean. The outdoor and indoor hot tubs were always crowded, and by the last day, the indoor hot tub was closed for maintenance, which did not surprise me because it didn't seem to be working right the two times we visited it. We never saw the north tower facilities, but since we spent most of our time on the beach, the pools were not a priority.
Dining choices nearby the hotel were pretty slim. There was restaurants at the Ocean Walk and the Joe's Crab Shack at the pier, along with the Hog Heaven BBQ (that smelled like Heaven day and night). We traveled back to International Speedway Drive to Panera and Olive Garden, and also enjoyed an amazing dinner and view at Crabby Joe's at the Sunglow Pier in Daytona Beach Shores, about 3 miles to the south. The area along the beachfront is run-down, and it certainly could use some updated restaurants and shops. Overall, we enjoyed Daytona and I would not hesitate to revisit the area and stay at this property.
The only negative I have is that the hotel held nearly $200 against my debit card that was not released until 2 days after we checked out. I found this very stressful and frustrating, and would have appreciated knowing this at check-in.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback from you and your daughter’s recent getaway to the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We are truly pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay, from your upgraded room with ocean views and comfortable Serenity by Hilton beds, to our beachfront access and more! We would like to share that we offer eight onsite dining options, including in-room dining, which includes something for everyone. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and would like to clarify that the secure authorization we place on the card you put on file at check-in is to ensure any charges made are covered and the hold is released immediately upon check out when the final bill is satisfied. Guests' banks then release the credit hold in about 3-5 business days, so using debit cards will in effect tie up that dollar amount from your bank balance. We greatly appreciate that you provided such valued feedback and look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another exciting getaway soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2013

1. First you need to know that the "$$$ self-park" is across the street and behind the Hog Heaven BBQ and that it is likely to be full late in the evening. The parking lot under the hotel is for valet only.
2. When I arrived at reception they didn't have a room with the city view king bed that I reserved but they could upgrade me for only $40. Declined. Then they found me a room with two doubles pool view. It had a nice balcony that you Twiggy or Naomi Campbell could use.
3. My bill had a charge of $10 RESORT FEE which in retrospect was announced in the fine print when I made my reservation. This $10 RESORT FEE gave me some discounts at the overpriced hotel shops which I did not use.
4. All-in-all when you consider the total cost of $150-160 it was OK considering the location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NoThreePutt
We greatly appreciate any and all feedback we receive from our guests. It is regrettable to learn of your dismay at our hotel charges as they are disclosed during the booking process. It is never our intention to hide any fees from our guests and we apologize for any confusion. Our hotel is located in a no traffic area of Daytona Beach where space is at a premium which is why we offer our guests the option of self-parking for $12 or valet parking for $19, rates which are comparable to those throughout the area. Our resort fee includes free Wi-Fi, complimentary bike or board rentals, complimentary appetizers, discounts at our spa and gift shop and more. Thank you for your opinions, we hope you’ll return again in the future.