Took my 2 teenage children and 2 of their friends for a quick but much anticipated and needed 2 night getaway over Easter break. We had a great time and the location is awesome. This was my second time at this hotel (the first time was several years ago while it was under construction). I always do my homework so I had already planned for the extra charges (resort and parking fees). I made sure to bring plenty of tip money for the valets (who were hopping and on their toes trying to accommodate this very large hotel with minimum space at the front entrance-they did great- no complaints except for the very long wait to actually get to the valet). Upon check-in our clerk was very professional, however as a Diamond member for many years it would have been nice for her to recognize that we were Diamond members. Maybe she wasn't having a good day, but I spent 110,000 points for 2 nights at this hotel (more than staying 3 nights at the famous Hilton Dresden in Germany) and she didn't even put on a smile. No follow up call after check-in either to "make sure everything was satisfactory".. The least she could have done was acknowledge that we were valued customers. When we checked into our room (Beachfront Cabana) I was very pleased with close beach access and the size of the room for our party of 5. I didn't like not having access to the inside of the hotel without having to walk outside and around (but overall worth the trade-off to walk out directly on the beach). Traveling without my husband, it was a little intimidating going out at midnight to find a vending machine for my daughter's friend that had begun getting sick from a sudden onset of major sinus drainage and allergies (more on this later) making her nauseated. After I made my way to the inside of the hotel and got directions to the ice and vending machines, I proceeded to get off and on the elevator for 7 floors (floor 3 to 10), trying to find a vending machine that actually had drinks in it and was able to accept money. Every vending machine had something wrong with it. It either had no drinks in it, required correct change, or could not accept any money at all. I outsmarted them though. I bought 4 drinks I didn't want, from a machine that gave change, and took the change to the vending machine that DID have what I wanted...haha...joke was on them. Our last morning while everyone was hustling around to pack up and hit the road home, I huddled up in the bed watching TV waiting for my turn in the bathroom. As I gazed upward at the ceiling fan above the bed, I began to realize why my daughter's friend was having so much problem with her allergies. The fan was covered in dust. The ceiling above the fan was dirty and dusty in both rooms. All of the air conditioner vents were also quite dirty and moldy. I was really shocked, as I don't think I have ever had this complaint at a Hilton before. I watch Hotel Impossible, so I immediately got up and ran my finger across the top of the TV cabinet and a few of the picture frames hanging on the wall. True, they weren't as dusty as the furniture in my bedroom but hey, I don't have a maid cleaning my room everyday (and obviously they don't either)! To be fair, I didn't give the staff a chance to correct this, and I am sure they would have if I had notified them. Overall, I don't think I will go back to this hotel, even though we had a great time (location), I just don't feel like it was worth all the points I spent to stay here. I have stayed in much nicer, been treated better, and have paid a lot less for the same thing this hotel offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Daytona Beach Resort/Ocean Walk Village is located in the heart of the 'World's Most Famous Beach'. Our resort offers seven onsite restaurants and lounges, a full service spa, two outdoor pools, whirlpools, fitness center and 60,000 sq/ft. Of event space. You will enjoy our proximity to great local attractions and a variety of entertainment options at walking distance from our hotel. Make sure to visit the Ocean Walk Shoppes, Daytona Lagoon Waterpark, Daytona International Speedway, LPGA International or enjoy festivals at the Daytona Beach Bandshell - featuring outdoor Summer concerts and fireworks every Saturday from Memorial Day through Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hilton Daytona Resort
- Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village Florida