“Hotel try's to rope you in and then you get terrible service”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #13 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I am a Hilton Diamond and love the brand. However, this is the worst hotel I have tried to stay out. The advertise a discounted rate and then no one knows about it and the staff is rude. AVOID THIS PLACE!! I have not been treated like this at any other Hilton.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jwpolston
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

First let us thank you for being a Hilton Diamond member and for your loyalty to the Hilton Hotels. Please accept our sincere apology for any confusion you may have experienced in reference to any discounted rate you may be speaking of. All of our discounts and packages are listed on our website and are fully available to all staff at the front desk that may be checking in guests. Although, any discounts or packages that may be offered through a third party site cannot be guaranteed, we can only guarantee the Hilton approved specials and packages on our site. Thank you for your feedback, we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future and have the chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Tom Manno

Write a ReviewReviews (3,336)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! dirty, moldy rooms I would not let my kids take their shoes off! Staff is MISERABLE!!!! And it takes at least an HOUR to get your car pulled up from valet. SMOKEY rooms, noise is out of control - paper thin walls and doors slamming you hear everything. Sliding glass doors open even on the highest floors. Talk about liability!! Kids zone is HORRIBBLE no toys, staff just sits and watches you play with your kids. Check I in time is NOT 4:00 it is whenever your room is ready..they will tell you that they "will call you when it's ready." I wouldn't even let my dog take a poop in our room . Filthy and will NEVER return!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank doublescoops
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We are very disappointed to read your review this morning and learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our staff here always goes above and beyond to give our guests the best experience possible; we’re disheartened that you did not feel this way during your stay. As well, our housekeeping staff follows strict procedures to ensure the satisfaction of our guests. We encourage all guests to call the front desk during their stay for any concern they may have so that it can be addressed immediately. Our Kidzone is open daily from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm with planned arts and craft activities along with a play area consisting of ping pong, a gaming corner with Wii and Xbox video games and several board games. We appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had to change rooms,shortly after checking in. Originally in SOUTH TOWER with a obstructed view= left side ocean view! right side was my neighbor staring at me through his window! There was used coffee creamers in the bathroom, telling me Housekeeping wasn't diligent. After my request to change rooms to the NORTH TOWER, by a very helpful bellman, MARQUES, took me to see my new room. A bit better,quieter, private pool on the 5th floor. I relocated quite easily giving MARQUES a hefty tip. He was very helpful. The balcony is a joke! Only " step-out" about one foot of balcony! Old food in the hallway for 2 days. No one picked it up! No plastic bags in the room trash cans. Giving Hilton a BAD name! Valet was great though , fast service in the NORTH TOWER,quieter, except when the KIDS club comes to swim at the 5 the floor pool. No exhaust fans in the bathrooms( either room). I would recommend staying elsewhere .

Room Tip: Depending on your need, I liked the North Tower,quieter, but a long walk to the south tower. Close t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

All guest reviews whether positive or negative are appreciated as it helps us to better focus on areas of the hotel that our guests may think need to be more closely addressed. Hearing our hotel did not meet your expectations really disappointed us. We want nothing more than for all of our guests to leave the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort with a positive and memorable experience. All of our room descriptions are listed on our website for our guests to review before making their reservation and for those wishing to enjoy the space of a balcony to relax on; our Oceanfront-Terrace Suite would be a great choice. Your comments will be reviewed with our team, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have stayed at this location 4 or 5 times. We love the location especially in the summer with the weekend fireworks. We enjoy the Beach and the pool areas. While I do agree that parking can be a challenge, as long as you plan and call down to the valet, all is good. Now if you self park, that can be a challenge. I do agree the cost of parking is pricey overall but all my experiences with staff, the hotels location and the beach make up for it. For food we eat at the pool bar and go out mostly because I agree with a previous reviewer that states the other hotel options can be pricey. You have the Ocean Walk village for food options but that place can get packed We will be back I am sure since we love the worlds most famous beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

We are thrilled to hear you have stayed here with us so many times at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort and love our location on The World’s Most Famous Beach, thank you for your loyalty. Your comments in reference to the parking are very well stated. Parking in any city or travel destination area such as this can be costly and can very well get hectic at times. We agree it is always best to try to plan ahead and give the valet some advance notice. Your review is appreciated and we look forward to your return visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Normally booking a Hilton location can ensure high quality. Not the case .....wallpaper pulling off wall, poor a/c, ants in room. Housekeeping was slow. Pools are not what you would expect for a "beach" location. One looks at the road. The other can barely see the ocean. Rather stay next door at Ocean Walk condos.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Renee B

We are very disappointed to read your review this morning and would like to apologize if our hotel did not meet your expectations. Currently, we are refreshing and updating guest rooms so that we may offer the best in accommodations for our guests. We do hope that you will decide to once again offer us the opportunity to serve you in the future so that we may have the chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The only thing positive was the desk clerk. Enjoyed our lovely city view of the ROOF? Parking and check in was laughable and yet insulting. Had 4 nights booked. No balconies. If you look at the long list of what each room comes with in the internet advertisement, you find things listed that only a resort hotel could have bragging rights to like televisions with remotes, in room thermostats. Did I mention the wi fi for a fee, sucks? Gee what will they think of next? Leaving the light on for us comes to mind. Leaving after night.

Room Tip: Stay in a hotel with a view and a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank feenexrising

We are sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We would like to encourage our guests to view our website where all information on our hotel is listed before they book their reservation. We cannot guarantee that any information a guest may receive from a third party site is always accurate. We do have rooms such as our Oceanfront-Terrace Suite where you would be able to enjoy a beautiful balcony space to relax on. Our resort fee includes many additional benefits besides the unlimited in-room wireless high speed Internet such as, one complimentary appetizer per day, a one hour boogie board or bike rental, 15% off regular priced apparel at the Hilton Gift Shop, 15% off massages and facials at the Spa at the Hilton and much more. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was in Daytona for a conference and though I did not stay at the Hilton this time, I did attend a party there. Parking was very inconvenient and the parking lot by the hotel is misleading as the gates are up, there is no attendant and the ticket machine is broken. I was told by conference organizers to park there and did so for my conference on the first day with no problem, as did others. On the second day, however, even though the gates were up and there was no signage regarding parking fees, when I tried to leave two women who didn't identify themselves as Hilton employees demanded I pay $10 to get my car out. Since there was no way I could have known there was a $10 fee, I was a little leery about who these women were. I called for a security guard and a Hilton guard came out and was arrogant, very disrespectful and would not listen to my side of the story at all. The following day I parked elsewhere, but that lot was wide open again, and this time there was nobody there to demand $10 and the gates were open at the end of the day. Hilton should really think about their reputation before allowing someone like this guy to represent them.

Room Tip: Just be prepared for a big parking headache.
Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Petwriter

Parking in any city can be expensive and busy especially in a highly traveled vacation destination area such as ours. We understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experience while parking here. All of our fees are published on our website for guests to review. Your comments will be further reviewed with our team. We appreciate your feedback, thank you.