First off, I'm only 13 yrs old, so I don't normally pay for much of my trips. I like to think this allows me to focus on experience, without price in the back of my head. I went to this Hilton for a Christian summer camp. And whoever on the planning team chose this place, someone give him a cookie. This place was AWESOME. Our limits were the south tower, the amusement park beside it, the ocean shoppes, and the bandshell. Despite this, we were entertained all week! It has beach access, the Ocean Shoppes were a great place to go, and the view from our room was terrific.
Our room was on the 7th floor, facing the ocean. The beds were very soft, as near as i could tell not at all 'starchy' like other hotel's. There is a glass door in the glass wall for most rooms, opening out onto a balcony that protrudes about six inches. still, the railing is a handy place to hang clothes, and looks great. We had a TV, though we weren't allowed to use it, but it was stored in a cabinet with good dresser room and shelving. there were two sinks, one inside the bathroom and one out, a smart idea for multiple people. The bathroom was great, it looked semi-expensive and well thought out. The closet might have been a bit on the small side, though. There was a nice coffee maker as well (I didn't use it.) Also, the rooms come with a safe for important items, a nice touch. all in all, rooms get and A+!
All our meals took place at the bandshell, a very nice place, so I can't tell you about breakfast there. their other services, though, were GREAT. they had a large gift shop, a few bars, a steakhouse, and the architecture everywhere, in and out, looked exquisite.
The pool.... Don't get me started on the pool. I'll do it anyway. the South tower pool is amazing. Vary large, with a waterfall and a portion crossing inside. the inside portion also has a nice fake-rock formation, with a hot tub nestled on top, and another hot tub outside. plenty of deckchairs, as well as a kiddie pool complete with fountain.
Sleep quality was very good. we had an ocean view, away from the road, and combined with the comfortable beds, made it a lovely place to sleep. with the glass door open, you could hear the ocean, which was pleasantly loud, as well as the other hushed noises of the night.
Conference facilities were good as well, with adequate space and several mirrored doors out. also, the room had several unique chandeliers, a creative design i had never seen before.
This place was terrific. I do hope to come back here, and have made it a priority this summer. as for value and valet, I'll leave that to the adults who pay, but you'll be paying for a good experience, no doubt about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Daytona Beach Resort/Ocean Walk Village is located in the heart of the 'World's Most Famous Beach'. Our resort offers seven onsite restaurants and lounges, a full service spa, two outdoor pools, whirlpools, fitness center and 60,000 sq/ft. Of event space. You will enjoy our proximity to great local attractions and a variety of entertainment options at walking distance from our hotel. Make sure to visit the Ocean Walk Shoppes, Daytona Lagoon Waterpark, Daytona International Speedway, LPGA International or enjoy festivals at the Daytona Beach Bandshell - featuring outdoor Summer concerts and fireworks every Saturday from Memorial Day through Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hilton Daytona Resort
- Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village Florida