I arrived terribly late after driving from FTL in what seemed like a Fri night monsoon with my 2 soccer sons for a beach soccer tournament with a terrible injury-they gave my room away, lol, but gave us a King bed room facing the ocean and rolled in pullout. It was late, we were shocked, but she was so kind to give us vouchers for free buffet breakfast each day which we didn't take advantage of due to our games, but the staff was sooo kind to my sons and I that they offered drinks and snacks for the voucher.
When Sunday arrived and I couldn't move my arm, I called the front desk to ask to stay until Monday and they accommodated us and extended the vouchers for buffets by a day! My boys had to find a porter and unload the room while I drank coffee and iced my shoulder. They just left the cart with all of our belongings and the porter came to find me and minded it as he realized something was off.
I returned home and couldn't find a small bag with $100 worth of chargers and earphones so I called and left a message. They called daily from housekeeping to let me know it wasn't found but my son found it under my bed behind the headboard where it fell 2 weeks later. My point is that this could have been an awful trip, but instead the staff and management was kind and personable and gave a family in need attention during a fully booked weekend. Yes, as I read before, it is dated but so are many high end properties from the 80s and 90s and it is kept up. The ONLY real complaint is that the windows are real foggy with a film or dirt that the gorgeous view is taken away by blurry vision due to the windows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort is located in the heart of the 'World's Most Famous Beach'. Our resort offers seven onsite restaurants and lounges, a full service spa, two outdoor pools, whirlpools, fitness center and 60,000 sq/ft. of event/meeting space. You will enjoy our proximity to great local attractions and a variety of entertainment options at walking distance from our hotel. Make sure to visit the Ocean Walk Shoppes, Daytona Lagoon Waterpark, Daytona International Speedway, LPGA International or enjoy festivals at the Daytona Beach Bandshell - featuring outdoor Summer concerts and fireworks every Saturday from Memorial Day through Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hilton Daytona Resort
- Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort Florida