“Hotel, service, location and staff was extraordinary for our travel group”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by Stephanie MacCargar and the Hotel manager and they explained everything so nicely. The restuarants were great. The ocean front view was awesome. We had a really great time! See you next year!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for acknowledging our staff here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We wish for all of our guests to leave our hotel having had the best experience possible and we are thrilled to hear you were so pleased with all aspects of our hotel. We can’t wait to see you again next year for another great time!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I arrived terribly late after driving from FTL in what seemed like a Fri night monsoon with my 2 soccer sons for a beach soccer tournament with a terrible injury-they gave my room away, lol, but gave us a King bed room facing the ocean and rolled in pullout. It was late, we were shocked, but she was so kind to give us vouchers for free buffet breakfast each day which we didn't take advantage of due to our games, but the staff was sooo kind to my sons and I that they offered drinks and snacks for the voucher.

When Sunday arrived and I couldn't move my arm, I called the front desk to ask to stay until Monday and they accommodated us and extended the vouchers for buffets by a day! My boys had to find a porter and unload the room while I drank coffee and iced my shoulder. They just left the cart with all of our belongings and the porter came to find me and minded it as he realized something was off.

I returned home and couldn't find a small bag with $100 worth of chargers and earphones so I called and left a message. They called daily from housekeeping to let me know it wasn't found but my son found it under my bed behind the headboard where it fell 2 weeks later. My point is that this could have been an awful trip, but instead the staff and management was kind and personable and gave a family in need attention during a fully booked weekend. Yes, as I read before, it is dated but so are many high end properties from the 80s and 90s and it is kept up. The ONLY real complaint is that the windows are real foggy with a film or dirt that the gorgeous view is taken away by blurry vision due to the windows.

Room Tip: My south side 3rd floor room faced the ocean but was also next to the bungee jumping ride and Ferris...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are very sorry to hear of your injury and hope that by this time you are feeling much better. Our goal here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort is to go above and beyond to give our guests the best experience possible during their stay. Although we apologize for any confusion you may have experienced due to your late check-in we are more than happy to hear how well the staff here tried to help make your stay the best it could be and even continue to do so in their efforts after you had left the hotel. We agree that areas of the hotel are dated and we are underway with plans to address this. We will share your comments with our team in reference to the windows. Thank you for your feedback, we hope your sons did well in their tournament and that you and your sons will return one day soon for another stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff was very attentive and nice. The hotel is located right on the beach with great views of the ocean if you are in a higher floor. We had a suite on the first floor which was also great since we could walk to the beach. The beds were quite comfortable as is usual with Hilton but the a/c wasn't as cold as I would've liked even though it was set at 69 degrees. The room had two ceiling fans which was nice too. Would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your review and recommendation of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We love hearing when a guest had a great stay with us. Finding our staff to be attentive and nice is what we aim for. We hope you’ll be back for another great stay with more amazing views soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Daytona Beach for 6 nights during my daughter's national dance competition. I have been to many national competitions for dance including Las Vegas, Dallas, Palm Springs, Branson, and Virginia Beach and the Hilton Daytona Beach was by far the best venue.

Hotel staff was very courteous and quick to respond to requests. Hotel is conveniently located right on the beach with great views of the ocean. Beds were quite comfortable and I slept well every night. I was also impressed that the elevators were so quick with very little waiting. For the size of the hotel, that was surprising.

I ate at the steak house on site several times and the food was great, although the service was a bit slow. Great steak and scallop meal, with a wonderful chop salad and superb key lime pie for dessert.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are worth the extra money. The view is fabulous!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Wow! We love your review! Thank you for the great compliment, we appreciate you saying that the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort has been the best venue you have stayed at for your daughter’s dance competitions nationwide. We’re glad you enjoyed the staff here as well as your meals in our Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse. Nothing pleases us more than hearing a guest say they will definitely return for another stay, we look forward to it.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great beach access, walking distance to numerous places of interest. Cleanliness, hospitality and amenities second to none. Side note be sure to review the amenities card your given and ask questions. Down side WiFi isn't free. Would have easily been excellent review with this addition.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We’re so happy to hear the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort met your expectations with our great beach access, cleanliness, and hospitality. The Wi-Fi is included in our daily resort fee of $12 which also includes $5 off your food and beverage purchase up to $50 or $10 off your purchase over $50, a one hour boogie board or bike rental, a 15% discount on regularly priced clothing in our Beach Emporium Shop, a 15% discount off a facial or massage service in our Spa, one select arts and crafts activity in D-Dawgs Kidzone and much more. We hope you will be returning to us in the near future so we can have the opportunity to have your next review be that excellent one.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Best hotel on Daytona Beach to sleep at. I went there in late June with my church group for a conference and it was fantastic. The rooms were great. The beach was great and the water temperature's were perfect. It was in the low 70's. Sleep at Hilton!

Room Tip: Choose a beach room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you! We’re so glad you stayed with us at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort for your church group conference and that you thought both the rooms and the beach we’re great here. We hope to see you again next year for your conference if not sooner.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The only bad thing that I will say about this hotel is checking in and what I mean by this is, you know how you pull up to a hotel and get out to go check in. This is a horrible mess, not enough room for people who are valet parking and those of us who wanted to self park, but need to know where to to go ( so we pulled up to the front door to find out). If I stayed here again, I would just go to self parking and then go to the hotel to check in. We arrived at 1:00 (knowing checking in was at 4:00) thinking there maybe a chance to get our room early, but it was not ready until 4:00. That was ok, we just went to the beach, the front desk said they would call me when it was ready. I never received the call, I went and checked in at 4:30. When I checked in at 1:00 the front desk girl asked if I wanted an upgrade for $25.00 for ocean front, I said, "no." We finally got our room on the 8th floor room 819, we were surprised when we had ocean front,i t was directly in front of the clock tower, awesome room! And we didn't have to pay the extra money! Thank you for that. I thought the room was nice, good beds, nice flat screen TV's.
This hotel is right on the board walk so you can walk to places to eat, we tried to get into Joe's Crab Shack but there was a 2 hour wait, so we went to a pizza place right at the end of the board walk (down the stairs if you are coming from Joe's) good pizza and cheap to.
I would stay here again, now I know just to go and park first!

Room Tip: 819 was a great room! Ocean front!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kermit67

Nothing pleases us more than having a guest say they would stay with us again at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We’re
thrilled our front desk staff was able to upgrade you free of charge to an oceanfront room. Parking at any resort facility in a prime destination travel area can get a little hectic and busy. We apologize for any inconvenience our guests may experience at times like this and appreciate your suggestions. We hope you loved your room and our location so much you’ll be back to see us again soon.