“Hotel was great, Daytona beach reminded me of Detroit”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #13 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The hotels location and amenities were fantastic, but the city was so rundown I would never return. It's a shame that the electricity turned into such despair. Buildings were closed down and boarded up, hopefully with a little work it'll come back

• Stayed: June 2014
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the location and amenities of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. Knowing that you were disappointed in the Daytona Beach area itself is disheartening. We hope more than anyone that our area will rebound, the economy over the past few years has hit all many prime travel destinations all over. Don’t give up on us; the electricity of Daytona Beach will once again shine bright.

Tom Manno

Write a ReviewReviews (3,304)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have never stayed in a dirtier hotel before. I'm talking filthy!!! Please do not waste your money and time here. I came here expecting Hilton quality, and that is not what I got. There should be no Hilton logo on the buliding because it is an embarassment for the brand, and whoever is managing the "resort" should be fired (even the staff is making jokes about the poor managment). I was very dissapointed with the upkeep of the facility and the front desk staff was very unpleasent too. I mean they were rude when I wanted to upgrade from the "dirtier tower" (north tower) to the better one (south tower). Valet parking is a joke, and if you want to self park, you need to walk across the street.
Watch your final bill too.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank BeachBooz

Your review has really disappointed us this morning. Hearing that our hotel did not meet a guest’s expectations is not what we look forward to. We can assure you that our housekeeping staff here adheres to strict procedures daily and that our front desk staff and management team are always willing to go above and beyond to make our guests experience here the best it can be. Our hotel is in the process of updates and will be receiving more renovations in the near future. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Let me state first that I find "resort fees" more than deceptive. This hotel has a resort fee that includes free internet (which I get anyway for being a Hilton Gold Member), but not free parking, free breakfast for my grandchildren (of which I have none), and some minor discount at the shops. We were there for only one night, having stayed at another property further up the beach. That hotel also had a resort fee but it included parking. I complained when I checked out and the front desk manager assured me she took it off the bill, yes she did, but I had a prepaid deposit which also included the resort fee so she took off one of the billings and I was essentially billed twice for nothing of value. Only good points were an excellent breakfast and the view from our room, but the room was tired looking. The ice machine was not working on the floor, and why do you have a beachfront hotel without a refrig? It gets hot out there and folks want a cold drink. The other property had a small refrig. They didn't even allow us to unload or load unless we paid extra for the valet parking. And finally the desk clerk said we were in the north tower, when dragged our bags there only to find out we were in the south tower. We asked for a late checkout (an hour) and while I am in the shower, thirty minutes before our checkout time I get a guy pounding on the door and looking for dirty towels. On the plus side one member of the housekeeping staff got us ice the previous day and service in the breakfast buffet was excellent. No I am not staying here again, I'll take my business back to the other hotel on the beach. We were only there at the Hilton because our trip ran one day longer than planned and the other hotel was fully booked. This is the second Hilton beach property that has been not good, the other in Virginia Beach which I still haven't been back to seven years after a bad experience. Hilton stick to cities. You can't handle the beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed T

All reviews whether positive or otherwise are always appreciated as it helps us to better focus on areas of our hotel that a guest may think needs to be further addressed. We want to first thank you for being a Hilton Gold member and for your loyalty to the Hilton Hotels. While we are happy to hear you really enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the views from your room here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, we never wish to fall short of a guest’s expectations in any area. Our resort fee of $12 not only includes the unlimited in-room Wi-Fi but $5 off your food and beverage purchase up to $50 or $10 off your purchase over $50, a one hour boogie board or bike rental, a 15% discount on regularly priced clothing in our Beach Emporium Shop, a 15% discount off a facial or massage service in our Spa and much more. Please be advised that refrigerators and microwaves are provided to guests upon request at no additional charge. Our resort will be undergoing some changes where updates and refreshments will be made to guest room accommodations. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a really nice Hilton in a convenient area to get to the Ocean Center (right across the street). The beds are comfortable and the view cannot be beat! The beach is gorgeous for swimming and sunning. The cleanliness is a bit worse than last time we stayed here. The corners in the bathroom had hair/dust and the windows were never washed (had smears). I'm guessing they don't get much time to do each room. Seems the minimal was done each time. The boardwalk area is still a great area but seems to have gotten more crime ridden since we were here last. More "sketchy" people walking around and I heard of a mugging, a burglary in the next door condos, and my daughter's phone was stolen at a neighboring pool. Felt much less comfortable walking around the surrounding areas-especially at night. The city needs to step up their police presence in the area. I still felt safe ON the Hilton property though, and would recommend it for people needing to work/stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you, we appreciate your recommendation and reference to the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort as being a nice hotel with comfortable beds and the majorly important fact that it is a safe environment for guests. Our location is within steps to the Ocean Center and The World’s Most Famous Beach giving our guests convenient beach access and amazing views. We will be undergoing some improvements in the near future and hope that you will be back for another stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had the most wonderful stay, I traveled 15 hours and when I arrived at the Hilton the atmosphere was perfect, I would love to make this an annual to vacation, everything was lovely and perfect. The beach was awesome to admire.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We would love you to make this an annual vacation as well. Hearing that one of our guests left the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort after having had a wonderful stay in the perfect atmosphere really makes our day. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location. Lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. The view from the ocean front rooms is spectacular. The pool, spa and fitness center are great. There are nice eateries within the hotel where you can get almost anything you would want. The outdoor space is awesome. We had a room in the South Tower. Our room was nice, clean and attractively decorated. There were two sinks with one located just outside the actual bathroom which was convenient since the tub/toilet area was very small. A couple of days it was late in the day when our room got serviced. It may have been that the number of housekeeping staff is insufficient for when the hotel is fully booked as it was during our stay. I must say when they did get to our room, it was well done! All staff that we encountered was pleasant and willing to help in any way.

Room Tip: We had a room in the South Tower....16th floor...less noise except for doors slamming.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

You made our day! Thank you for such a kind and descriptive review of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. It’s so nice to hear you enjoyed so many of our amenities as well as your guest room accommodations and of course the spectacular views from our hotel too. We hope you’ll be back for another stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our favorite beach in the world. Great weekend with entertainment, food, weather etc. Always a lot of events taking place which add to the atmosphere. Plenty of shopping and restaurants in walking distance. Great fitness center, pool, and spa. The buffet breakfast is top notch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing this special day with us here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort; we’re so glad we could add to these wonderful memories with our great amenities. We hope you’ll decide to make staying with us for your anniversary a yearly tradition and come back to your favorite beach.