“Good location, bit pricey”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed there during July 4th weekend and it was very good. There were music in bandshell and get to watch fireworks from room. Nice clean beach, easy access and very close to the pier. The hotel south tower beach view rooms had a great city view and beach view. Room was bit dated and was pricey. The best part is to see the beach, sunrise and fireworks from your bed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We agree that there is nothing like the sunrise over the ocean from our rooms here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort and we are glad you were able to experience this on your recent stay with us. Our guest rooms are in the process of being updated to offer our guests a more enjoyable stay. It’s so nice to hear you enjoyed our location, the pier and the beach during your visit too. We have several specials and packages we encourage our guests to review on our website to help with the cost of your stay and add some benefits to it as well. Thank you for your review, we hope you’ll be back to enjoy some more of the beautiful sunrises with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location right on the beach, shops and restaurants adjacent. Great spa, pools/activity and fitness areas. The DJ rocked while we guests got turned up! Wonderful atmosphere all around. Adequate laundry area and was clean. The only negatives are my room in the north tower was old and out-dated for a Hilton, in my opinion. You walk in to a resort, complete with A+ valet, bellhop, courteous front desk personnel, beautiful lobbies, plush furnishings, sounds of the ocean when the doors open, etc...then a big letdown when you open your room door. I couldn't believe there was no fridge or microwave! The view was awesome, though. The bed was comfortable, but the linens felt cheap to me. Oh, and parking is a trip...you and whoever else wants to, can self park across the street-only YOU have to pay $12/ day charged to your credit card and they (non Hilton guests) don't because the hotel doesn't monitor the lot. Overall, I felt safe and would stay again for the amenities and the location. At least now I know to bring a cooler and my own sheets-lol!

• Stayed: June 2014

We are happy to hear you would stay with us again at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort and most importantly that you felt safe while staying here. You review points out so many great aspects of our hotel and its location but we really love the fact that you found the atmosphere here wonderful and our staff courteous too. You don’t have to bring a cooler on your next visit; we will provide refrigerators upon request based on availability at no charge. We will be doing some renovations soon and have our guest rooms updated and refreshed to offer the best in accommodations for our guests. We hope you’ll be missing those ocean views along with the soothing sounds of the waves and have to come back for another visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The hotels location and amenities were fantastic, but the city was so rundown I would never return. It's a shame that the electricity turned into such despair. Buildings were closed down and boarded up, hopefully with a little work it'll come back

• Stayed: June 2014

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the location and amenities of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. Knowing that you were disappointed in the Daytona Beach area itself is disheartening. We hope more than anyone that our area will rebound, the economy over the past few years has hit all many prime travel destinations all over. Don’t give up on us; the electricity of Daytona Beach will once again shine bright.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have never stayed in a dirtier hotel before. I'm talking filthy!!! Please do not waste your money and time here. I came here expecting Hilton quality, and that is not what I got. There should be no Hilton logo on the buliding because it is an embarassment for the brand, and whoever is managing the "resort" should be fired (even the staff is making jokes about the poor managment). I was very dissapointed with the upkeep of the facility and the front desk staff was very unpleasent too. I mean they were rude when I wanted to upgrade from the "dirtier tower" (north tower) to the better one (south tower). Valet parking is a joke, and if you want to self park, you need to walk across the street.
Watch your final bill too.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank BeachBooz

Your review has really disappointed us this morning. Hearing that our hotel did not meet a guest’s expectations is not what we look forward to. We can assure you that our housekeeping staff here adheres to strict procedures daily and that our front desk staff and management team are always willing to go above and beyond to make our guests experience here the best it can be. Our hotel is in the process of updates and will be receiving more renovations in the near future. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Let me state first that I find "resort fees" more than deceptive. This hotel has a resort fee that includes free internet (which I get anyway for being a Hilton Gold Member), but not free parking, free breakfast for my grandchildren (of which I have none), and some minor discount at the shops. We were there for only one night, having stayed at another property further up the beach. That hotel also had a resort fee but it included parking. I complained when I checked out and the front desk manager assured me she took it off the bill, yes she did, but I had a prepaid deposit which also included the resort fee so she took off one of the billings and I was essentially billed twice for nothing of value. Only good points were an excellent breakfast and the view from our room, but the room was tired looking. The ice machine was not working on the floor, and why do you have a beachfront hotel without a refrig? It gets hot out there and folks want a cold drink. The other property had a small refrig. They didn't even allow us to unload or load unless we paid extra for the valet parking. And finally the desk clerk said we were in the north tower, when dragged our bags there only to find out we were in the south tower. We asked for a late checkout (an hour) and while I am in the shower, thirty minutes before our checkout time I get a guy pounding on the door and looking for dirty towels. On the plus side one member of the housekeeping staff got us ice the previous day and service in the breakfast buffet was excellent. No I am not staying here again, I'll take my business back to the other hotel on the beach. We were only there at the Hilton because our trip ran one day longer than planned and the other hotel was fully booked. This is the second Hilton beach property that has been not good, the other in Virginia Beach which I still haven't been back to seven years after a bad experience. Hilton stick to cities. You can't handle the beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed T

All reviews whether positive or otherwise are always appreciated as it helps us to better focus on areas of our hotel that a guest may think needs to be further addressed. We want to first thank you for being a Hilton Gold member and for your loyalty to the Hilton Hotels. While we are happy to hear you really enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the views from your room here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, we never wish to fall short of a guest’s expectations in any area. Our resort fee of $12 not only includes the unlimited in-room Wi-Fi but $5 off your food and beverage purchase up to $50 or $10 off your purchase over $50, a one hour boogie board or bike rental, a 15% discount on regularly priced clothing in our Beach Emporium Shop, a 15% discount off a facial or massage service in our Spa and much more. Please be advised that refrigerators and microwaves are provided to guests upon request at no additional charge. Our resort will be undergoing some changes where updates and refreshments will be made to guest room accommodations. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a really nice Hilton in a convenient area to get to the Ocean Center (right across the street). The beds are comfortable and the view cannot be beat! The beach is gorgeous for swimming and sunning. The cleanliness is a bit worse than last time we stayed here. The corners in the bathroom had hair/dust and the windows were never washed (had smears). I'm guessing they don't get much time to do each room. Seems the minimal was done each time. The boardwalk area is still a great area but seems to have gotten more crime ridden since we were here last. More "sketchy" people walking around and I heard of a mugging, a burglary in the next door condos, and my daughter's phone was stolen at a neighboring pool. Felt much less comfortable walking around the surrounding areas-especially at night. The city needs to step up their police presence in the area. I still felt safe ON the Hilton property though, and would recommend it for people needing to work/stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you, we appreciate your recommendation and reference to the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort as being a nice hotel with comfortable beds and the majorly important fact that it is a safe environment for guests. Our location is within steps to the Ocean Center and The World’s Most Famous Beach giving our guests convenient beach access and amazing views. We will be undergoing some improvements in the near future and hope that you will be back for another stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had the most wonderful stay, I traveled 15 hours and when I arrived at the Hilton the atmosphere was perfect, I would love to make this an annual to vacation, everything was lovely and perfect. The beach was awesome to admire.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We would love you to make this an annual vacation as well. Hearing that one of our guests left the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort after having had a wonderful stay in the perfect atmosphere really makes our day. Thank you!