My family and I stayed here from a Sunday to a Friday. The hotel was booked to max capacity. Check-in took a while, but no major issues there. I asked for a frig at check-in and was told they had all been taken. Due to a medical need, we were placed on a "medical list" and received a mini-frig in the room on our second day there. The frig was old, but kept the contents reasonably cool.
Upon entering our room for the first time, we smelled a dog-like odor in our restroom. It lingered throughout the week, despite the air freshener I purchased to attempt to mask the odor. The room itself was reasonably clean. Nothing fancy, and nothing more than a normal hotel room. The view from the 10th floor was phenomenal.
On our 4th day there, we discovered tiny sugar ants all over our room. Housekeeping came up and sprayed and cleaned a little. That seemed to resolve the issue. Our next door neighbor had to move because they were so bad in his room.
The pool on the ground floor was pretty gross. We found a huge chunk of hair on the pool's edge that another Mom had to kick out of the way so the kids wouldn't come in contact with it. There were also bandaids and just general nastiness in and around that pool area. And pool towels were nearly impossible to get at this pool. The 5th floor pool was better, but pretty small. Again, pool towels were scarce, and we had to call the front desk and ask that they bring some up. However, the kids enjoyed playing the large chess game and foosball located near this pool.
The kids' zone was nice, with board games and a video game system and ping pong table. The ac was great and they had a nice flat screen tv. However, the workers there were inattentive and more interested in talking to each other and playing on their cell phones than interacting with the guests.
While the view and location were amazing, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again, as I felt like we paid a lot for a below-par Hilton. (Not to mention you have to pay everyday for parking and wifi if you use either!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort is located in the heart of the 'World's Most Famous Beach'. Our resort offers seven onsite restaurants and lounges, a full service spa, two outdoor pools, whirlpools, fitness center and 60,000 sq/ft. of event/meeting space. You will enjoy our proximity to great local attractions and a variety of entertainment options at walking distance from our hotel. Make sure to visit the Ocean Walk Shoppes, Daytona Lagoon Waterpark, Daytona International Speedway, LPGA International or enjoy festivals at the Daytona Beach Bandshell - featuring outdoor Summer concerts and fireworks every Saturday from Memorial Day through Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hilton Daytona Resort
- Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort Florida