“My favorite close to home”

Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village
Ranked #27 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort McCoy, Florida
“My favorite close to home”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my favorite hotel when I can't go far. I will go for a night, and end up spending 2 or 3 i love it so much. Walk out the door, and find 2 jacuzzi's, 2 pools, 1 indoor/outdoor, and the other outdoor, 1 if not both are heated. The have a wonderful staff. Very friendly. The have their own parking lot, and I love that. It's really close to the doors, and you drop your luggage off first. It is beautiful. This was the first "nice" hotel that I had ever stayed at. Any time I go to Daytona, I will stay herel

Room Tip: Ocean view... that's all I've got to say, cause that's all I know.. omg, open the balcon...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We love that you love us! We couldn’t ask for a better review. How wonderful it is to hear from a guest who considers us their favorite hotel and who stays with us everytime they go to Daytona. Thank you for your loyalty, we appreciate you and your review very much.

Tom Manno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in the middle of the "happening part" of Daytona Beach; however, it was not my favorite Hilton resort. I must be objective in stating that it could just be the ambiance of Daytona Beach that made the hotel less desirable to me.

First of all, despite the extremely plush duvets and alternative-down pillows, it might be difficult for some guests to get a good night's sleep. The racket from Daytona Beach itself goes on throughout the night and is VERY disturbing (and I am a heavy sleeper!).

Although Florida residents can receive a discount on the nightly room rate (We paid $99 plus tax per night), other resort fees can add up very quickly. Here are some points to bear in mind:

(1) There is no free WiFi.
(2) There is no complimentary breakfast.
(3) Microwave ovens and refrigerators are not included in the regular room rate.
(4) Valet parking is expensive and chaotic (on busy days, at least).

Overall, the resort was well-maintained and clean, as I would expect a Hilton to be. If you are stuck visiting Daytona Beach (which I personally would not recommend as a vacation spot), this hotel would be your best bet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We think Daytona Beach is a great vacation destination. The World’s Most Famous Beach, the bandshell, the boardwalk, Ocean Walk Village, Daytona Lagoon, we could go on forever there is so much to do here. Or a guest may prefer just the opposite and just relax on the beautiful beach and enjoy all it has to offer. Thank you for stating that the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort is clean and well maintained. We offer several packages on our website and we encourage guests to review them before booking their accommodations, some which include breakfast as well. Refrigerators and microwaves are provided upon request and are based on availability at no additional charge. Our resort fee of $12 not only includes unlimited in-room Wi-Fi but $5 off your food and beverage purchase up to $50 or $10 off your purchase over $50, a one hour boogie board or bike rental, a 15% discount on regularly priced clothing in our Beach Emporium Shop, a 15% discount off a facial or massage service in our Spa and much more. Our valet parking rate is $21 per night and sometimes due to our location in a high travel vacation destination and during check- in or out times it can get quite busy. Thank you for your feedback.

Orlando
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Hilton was awesome in a perfect location. The lobby was beautiful the roof top pool was a must to see a hugh chess set the pieces stand about 3" tall, shuffle board, ping pong, and a pool table many activities for the kids. There is an indoor/outdoor pool on the boardwalk level. The beaches are free and you are in a drive on the beach zone. Really really enjoyed ourselves. Cant wait to go back again. Valet was $20.00 or you can self park across the street for $10.00. Many places to eat without ever having to move your car. At night the boardwalk is full of night life and you dont need to have to spend a lot of money. there is a hugh green space for soccer or Frisbee fun or just rolling around and playing. Would diffidently recomend

Room Tip: Ocean view is always the best
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
What a great review of our hotel and what it has to offer. Thank you for sharing your pictures and your insights into the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort and of course for your recommendation. We’re thrilled you all enjoyed yourself here and are looking forward to your return stay with us. See you soon!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am not a fan of Hilton hotels but my parents reserved a few rooms here for the weekend so that our family could get together near the beach. My husband and I stayed in a room on the sixth floor for two nights. I will list the things we liked first and then move onto the other information.

SERVICE: The staff was great from start to finish. Valet, bell service, front desk, housekeeping, restaurants, pool, bar - all excellent.

SPA: We enjoyed a couples massage in the spa on our first day there. While the spa facilities are in major need of updating, the massage service was great. Both ladies did a wonderful job!

DINING: We tried pretty much all the restaurants and they were all surprisingly good! Hyde Park was pricey but worth every penny. We had a really nice dinner there the first night .

LOCATION: Great location on Daytona Beach. Everything easy to walk to. Lots of water slides, board walks, shops etc to walk to. This hotel is pretty run down in my opinion but is still one of the nicer options of hotels that are actually ON the beach .

HOTEL / ROOMS: Every area of the hotel is FREEZING. Thank goodness I brought a sweater with me. i wore it the entire weekend. it wasnt just me. Everytime I was in line at the bathrooms or in the elevator I would hear other guests complaining about how unusually cold it was .

The hotel definitely looks stuck in the 80s. The lobby, restaurants, bathrooms etc look old but are still,kept clean. The rooms are what brought my rating to a two star. I just don't understand how a hotel can rent out rooms that look this run down. The carpet was all stained, the furniture in the rooms didnt match. In other words, it looks like they found random lamps, dressers etc at a yard sale , never cleaned them and threw them in each room.

After two nights in the room I couldn't wait to get home so I could "shower off" the yucky feeling of being in that room. Not a good feeling to get on vacation. The bathtub and bathroom are old. The sheets don't feel clean. I had to wear flip flops as soon as I stepped out of the shower because I didn't want to walk on the nasty stained floors.

You can clearly hear people talking in the room next to you. Very thin walls. The band shell is outside on the beach and there is loud music and partying going on until 12-1 am. This didnt bother us . We like being near the action but some people may not like it.

POOL: There were a couple different pools but we didn't lay out at any of them because they were packed with noisy kids at all times. Definitely a family with kids type hotel.

SUMMARY: I didn't have high expectations before arriving. I have always had bad experiences at Hilton hotels so I was prepared for the worst. The food and staff suprised us. They were excellent. This hotel has potential to be awesome. It just so desperately needs a good scrubbing and a makeover.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eat-Pray-Luv
Thank you for your very descriptive review of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We are so happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by our excellent staff as well as excellent food. Hearing that you have never experienced a pleasant stay with the Hilton Hotels is disappointing, we’re glad we were the ones that changed that. We agree with you, we do have the potential to be an awesome hotel and we will be, all in an awesome area too. Our hotel is scheduled for renovations to update and refresh our guest rooms and soon we will be offering our guests the best accommodations on the best beach in the world. We hope you will return to experience in all of this with us and hopefully we will become your favorite place to stay.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

It's a beautiful hotel on the outside. The lobby was big and looked elegant but the room was so SMALL. Bathroom was not clean. The shower fixture was old and rusting. The bathroom floors need to be bleached because the grouts of the tiles are getting dark and dirty. The air condition doesn't blow cold air at all. I know that when you open the balcony door, the air condition automatically shuts off but the door was shut all the way and still not blowing cold air, put the thermostat to a lower temp. and still not cold. I had my whole family there, we all had fun at the beach but not our hotel room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
While we appreciate all feedback from our guests as it helps us to better focus on areas of our hotel a guest may feel needs to be further addressed, we are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations as far as your room is concerned. We have scheduled our hotel for renovations soon so that we may be able to offer our guests a more updated and refreshed stay. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and will share your review with our team. We do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future so we may have the chance to exceed all expectations at that time.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Daytona Beach Hilton in July, which we know is a busy time. The valet parking is expensive, but effective and almost a necessity. The check in process was not as efficient as it could have been. The hotel amenities were all very nice! But most came at an extra cost.
We had a two queen beach front room that was clean, but didn't have a microwave nor a refrigerator, which was very disappointing. Even though the bedroom was clean, the bathroom showed signs of age and smelled odd - even after it had been cleaned. It was hard to get the room cool enough at night. The staff members were all very friendly and responsive.
For such a high profile hotel with such nice restaurants and shops, I was disappointed with the room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We are happier to hear that you found our staff here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront resort helpful and friendly and our amenities all very nice. Please note that refrigerators and microwaves are provided upon request and based on availability at no charge. We never wish to hear that our hotel fell short of a guest’s expectations. In just a few weeks we are scheduled to begin updating and refreshing our hotel. We hope that you will return one day for another stay with us and allow us the opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My friend and I (2 senior ladies) just returned from a short getaway to the beach. We found the Hilton on Daytona Beach to be delightful. Check in was easy. Our room was on the 15th floor oceanside. The view was wonderful. We got up to watch the sunrise and it was beautiful. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The door opened to a French balcony so we could hear the ocean.
The staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful. We valet parked and the car was ready when we called for it.
We enjoyed the beach, the pool and the hot tub.
We didn't care for the restaurant, but that's another review. The restaurants in the area were sparse and those in the vicinity were crowded.

Room Tip: Oceanside on upper floors is an amazing view.
Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
We couldn't be more pleased hearing that you lovely ladies had such a delightful stay with us at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We’re glad you found your accommodations very clean and comfortable and our staff pleasant and helpful too. The views of the sunrises here are amazing and the sounds of the ocean so relaxing. It’s nice to hear you were able to appreciate this and so much more. We hope the next time you are in the need of a short getaway to the beach you’ll be back for another delightful stay with us again.