“UNAUTHORIZED PARKING CHARGES”

Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #13 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Dates of stay: 8/1/14 & 8/2/14 (2 nights)
We attended a family wedding in Daytona Beach on the above dates. My niece rented a car at the Orlando Intl airport, and I shared the ride to/from the Hilton DB. I stayed in my own room at the hotel. My niece chose to use valet service during our stay, which was smart considering the horrible traffic jam in front of this hotel each and every day -- all day. Our rooms were nice and we enjoyed our stay. I didn't immediately scan details of the charges on the bill. However, after arriving home and reviewing my credit card charges for the stay, I discovered that not only did the hotel charge me daily for SELF-PARKING, they also charged me for VALET service both days! $66.03 worth of UNAUTHORIZED and fraudulent hotel charges since I didn't have a vehicle on site. WATCH YOUR HOTEL BILLS...this practice is getting out of hand. To their good, I called the hotel and they did credit my card for the unauthorized charges. My husband, who travels regularly says all hotels do this, and unless you complain, the charges are there to stay. Shame on the hotel industry for allowing this money-making racket!

Room Tip: Watch your hotel bill charges with regard to parking or valet service. I also upgraded my room from...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nctraveler812014
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed both your accommodations and your stay here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. We are sorry to hear of any inconvenience you may have experienced in reference to your final bill and can assure you that it is not a common practice to just charge for this expense. We are however very pleased to hear that it was all resolved upon your phone call as it should be. Hopefully if you are ever in the area again you will allow us the opportunity to serve you for another enjoyable stay and exceed every expectation at that time.

Tom Manno

Write a ReviewReviews (3,304)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for one night and the ocean view was beautiful and the room was clean. The parking is horrible unless you want to pay $21 to valet or park across the street in a tiny lot for $14. I was told that if we leave and return and there are no parking left then we have to pay to valet or park in the parking garage and pay for that! She said dont worry though because the employees park there and their shift is ending so there should be some spots.The emloyees should have their own parking because they are taking spots guests are paying for.Why would I pay for parking again when I paid for a spot in their lot! The resort fee of $12 they charge is stupid. I didnt do anything they listed for that fee so I fussed and they removed it only after they told me if I stay there again they won't remove it next time. I told them they are not a resort and should not make people pay if they don't want it. Give them a choice. Just another way for them to make money. They need to take some of the money they are scamming and build a parking lot to accommodate all of their guests or don't charge $14 for parking if there are not enough spots to accommodate all of their guests! Or how about we already pay for the room so no charge for parking in a tiny crappy parking lot. It's not Disney world!

• Stayed: August 2014

All feedback whether positive or otherwise from our guests is always appreciated and reviewed. Although we are happy to hear you found your accommodations clean and the views beautiful here we are disappointed too. We want to assure you that although we understand your frustration, parking in any city or high travel destination can get costly and hectic especially during the busy seasons. Our resort fee includes Wi-Fi, $5 off your food and beverage purchase up to $50 or $10 off your purchase over $50, a one hour boogie board or bike rental, a 15% discount on regularly priced clothing in our Beach Emporium Shop, a 15% discount off a facial or massage service in our Spa and much more. We do apologize that we were not able to meet all of your expectations. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great location. Convenient to everything. A little crowded and noisy on the weekend, but to be expected when you are at the center of activity. The rest of the week was great. Great view of the sunrise every morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Our views here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort are amazing and were so glad you were able to appreciate them. We’re thrilled you had a great week with us and that you understand how at times our destination on The World’s Most Famous Beach can get quite busy. Thank you for your review, we hope you’ll be back to experience more of our sunrises soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Over nine year period I have stayed here twice before, and we went back for no reason other than to have a beach front cabana room. Issues I expected from previous visits; expensive confusing parking, dirty dated rooms, and overpriced dining. Hilton did not disappoint in these expectations. What I was not expecting was the large amount of bums and others who wondered by the front part of our room begging for money and staring at my children. Often there were people stopping by on their way to Ocean Walk and resting outside my room. The number one positive was being on the beach, but this time all the negatives tell me to stay somewhere else for the beach experience next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BigSarge99

We are doing just that, renovating our hotel which is scheduled to begin soon and we can’t begin to tell you how excited we are about it. We appreciate you coming back for another stay too in one of our cabana rooms again but are truly sorry to hear of your experience. The safety and security of all of our guests is a top concern and priority of ours and we can assure you measures are always being taken where safety and security issues are concerned. We do hope that you will return and maybe experience one of our King Terrace rooms with its wonderful and relaxing balcony where you would be able to take in the amazing ocean views with privacy intended just for your and your family. Your comments will be reviewed with our team, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overpriced and I felt that the experience missed what I was expecting for the price we paid. Location was great and beaches were clean with adequate service. Poor parking availability, causing me to pay $22 daily valet service which has some advantages, but I did not plan to leave much. Hyde Steak House was great, but tried to overcharge us.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are sorry to hear the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort fell short on some of your expectations. This is something we never wish to hear. We do hope however since you found our location to be great you will give us another try in the future so we may have an opportunity to exceed all your expectations.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was the 3rd leg of a week long vacation with our min pin. Our bellhop Mr. M was so gracious and helpful, especially with an excited dog. We had the Cabana Suite. Loved it! The grounds had tons of room for our dog to run and exercise. Everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Cabana Suite 124 is the best!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

We wish you could have stayed longer too! Our staff here at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort loves to go above and beyond to make our guests feel welcome and at home and we appreciate your acknowledgement of them. Your experience in one of our cabana suites with your dog sounds wonderful, we’re glad you had such a great time with us and hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stay here about once per year for a work conference. I know what to expect, an average beach hotel. Some rooms have more wear and tear than others. The restaurants inside are over priced, but convenient. I have never had a bad stay, just some rooms are better than others. Last note, "sunset" rooms look toward the mainland West, duh. I've heard so many people grip about that misconception, but then again, you're on the East coast, so it's not the hotels fault.

Stayed: September 2013
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We’re happy to hear you say that you have never had a bad stay with us at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. Updating our guest rooms is a constant work in progress, where some of them have been completed and others are scheduled to be redone soon. You are correct, it is a misconception that we hear a lot, the sun does set in the west, and it rises over the ocean, thank you for clearing that up for our readers and thank you for your review, we look forward to your return visit again next year.