The hotel was comfortable. We did enjoy our stay. I cannot give it a 5 star because I felt it was dated. The bathroom fixtures need updating and there should be a maintenance check before you get your room. Housekeeping should report the moment something is falling apart. Every time housekeeping cleaned our room for some strange reason she would leave the shower head pointing upward and towards the far end of the shower. The result - you turn on the shower and the water immediately splashed out onto the bathroom floor. The logic of facing the shower head so the water hits the tub seems so simple. We purchased the all inclusive breakfast and there was lots of confusion around that for the entire time we were there. I love the location and our room was a Cabana Suite right on the beach. No one told us we could rent an umbrella for the outside of our suite until we left. I would have paid the extra to be able to enjoy the terrace more. Hyde park restaurant is very good food but also overpriced. I have been to comparable restaurants and it was not as costly. Overall it was a good experience. I suggest heat towel racks to be installed to reduce the need for daily towel use. I think all hotels in North America should have this. Most Europe and Indian hotels have heated towel racks. Doesn't management realize that most people ask for towels daily because there is no way for a towel to dry in an enclosed hotel room? I am sure many people do like me and throw it over a chair. Come on with the age of technology our North American hotels cannot compare to what is happening in other countries. Update guys! broken shower handles is not acceptable any longer, just like dated furniture etc. I would recommend this hotel. The staff was nice. But I did notice if you didn't tip big enough the smiles change on the staff's faces. Hotel management should pay their staff so that they don't have to depend on us to cover their salary. I don't mind tipping but it is getting outrageous. People aren't happy with 15% anymore. I feel Like you have to tip big to get that big smile and helpfulness. This doesn't just apply to this hotel. Too many service industries are depending on the consumer to cover the employee's salary through tips. Remember people we are just ordinary workers like yourself saving for a vacation. I would return if this hotel updated. My family and I are pretty laid back and didn't complain. We figure tripadvisor would do the job in smoothing out these smaller issues that are still irritating. Anyone else out there feel the 'tipping' policy is getting outrageous. There were a few times the service was not good, Hyde Park - served our steak with no sides. By the time the sides came the steak was cooling down. The breakfast staff kept forgetting to give us menus and other items. It wasn't crowded, yet we are expected to pay top $$ tip for this service. Why is society changing - are we tipping for the staff to like us? why else would we leave a tip for bad service? Walk away, if the service is bad then don't tip. Too many servers are getting away with bad behavior knowing consumers feel guilty and will still tip. I say stop rewarding bad service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Daytona Beach Resort/Ocean Walk Village is located in the heart of the 'World's Most Famous Beach'. Our resort offers seven onsite restaurants and lounges, a full service spa, two outdoor pools, whirlpools, fitness center and 60,000 sq/ft. Of event space. You will enjoy our proximity to great local attractions and a variety of entertainment options at walking distance from our hotel. Make sure to visit the Ocean Walk Shoppes, Daytona Lagoon Waterpark, Daytona International Speedway, LPGA International or enjoy festivals at the Daytona Beach Bandshell - featuring outdoor Summer concerts and fireworks every Saturday from Memorial Day through Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hilton Daytona Resort
- Hilton Daytona Beach / Ocean Walk Village Florida