“Overlooking the sand and ocean”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
Tropic Shores Resort
Miami, Florida
“Overlooking the sand and ocean”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This was a traded timeshare adventure. This choice made us very happy. There are no bad rooms. They all have full views of the ocean with balconies. All the staff and front desk clerks just could not do enough for you. Good parking for your car and no extra fee. Our kitchen was fully equipped and of course the bed was so comfortable. Will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fairwayfrank

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We have stayed here seven times in the past four years. It is always extremely clean and there is daily maid service that takes care of the trash and gives fresh towels. There is a beach towel exchange so you do not need to take them to the resort. The views are excellent and the activities are fun and inexpensive. They have a great parents night out where the watch your children and have a movie and piazza and games while you and your spouse can have an evening alone. They never bug you to go to a time share presentation. They are continuously updating and freshening up the resort. The ammenities package is great. Many of the people I talked to have been going here for twenty years or more. I only wish I knew about it sooner!

Room Tip: All units are ocean front so there is not a bad unit
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank irishseed
Atlanta
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I spent a week in the 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. It is very spacious and has wonderful beachfront views. The unit was very clean and maid service is provided daily. On Wednesday they will change the sheets. It is a timeshare property. The people that work there could not have been nicer. If you rent, you can reserve chairs and umbrellas for around $25 for the whole week. They also have bikes and boogie boards for your use. The great thing about the resort is that they have daily activities that you can sign up to do- the week I was there some of the activities were jewelry making, manicures, ice cream by the pool, and movie night. They have a big room that has pool tables, game tables for cards, and a television. They also have a fitness room. The beach volleyball was always busy with people playing. It is an older facility but is well maintained. They made some improvements to the pool area. I saw in previous reviews that some people complained about the shade at the pool in the late afternoon. For me, I loved it because it was hot in June and I was ready for some shade. If you still want sun you could go to the beach or they had a sun deck on the sixth floor. It is a great place to take a family.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the seventh and second floor. All floors provide great ocean views. On the higher f...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We just spent a week here, it was wonderful the staff is great. The rooms clean and well kept.
The views amazing. The amenities package is great to have, rode the bikes and used the Chaise and Umbrella's almost every day.
The rooms are laid our great. We will stay here again.

One of the two elevators is under repair, so be patient and get to know the other waiting.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This was a nice two bedroom condo and the view was absolutely spectacular. However, we were there in May 3rd-11th and at 3:00 in the afternoon the pool and hot tub area are completely convered in shade. If you are at the pool you have to come inside because of the cool wind blowing from the Atlantic. The children did not even want to be at the pool. Other condos down the strip their pools stayed in the sun until around 6 but they were built further out toward the Atlantic. If you want sun at the pool you do not want to stay there. If you are a younger person there is absolutely nothing for you to walk to. Yes Publix (grocery store) is 1 block down (and by the way I love fountain diet coke and Publix carries this back by the deli) and 2 gift shops 1 block away (go to the 2nd one after you make a left out of Tropic Shores) it has two floors and prices are very reasonable. About 1/2 mile down there is a Red Lobster and if you like to go to have a beer or two in the afternoon the closest bar is about 1-1/2 miles away called METZ I. The people are really nice there. I walked to it one day but it was so hot. So on the way back I stopped at 7-11 and picked up some parishables and called Yellow Cab. It cost $4.80 plus tip, but as hot as it was it was worth it. Also, I want to comment on the front desk people. They seem to have the attitude you were really bothering them when you needed something at the front desk. They need to always have two people at the front desk during the day time because one of them is always answering the phone from guest calling. I was taught the person in front of you gets service first and let the person on the phone that you are with a guest and you will get right back with them to please hold. I did not appreciate them charging my credit card for $100 dollars for 3 business days which actually turned out to be 5 days Sat-Wed. Then when I wanted to make sure it had been removed on Wed they said it was just Authorized and should not show on my credit card after they had explained on Friday it would show on my credit card and then show has a credit when they took it off. Also, we were not told about this $100.00 charge and the $2.86 resort fee charge when we made the reservations. And the person who charged my credit card could not totally explain what the $100.00 charge was for. I am anxious to see my statement. Also, they have "lunches" during the day you can purchase any where from $3.00-$8.00 depending on what they are having that day. I have to comment on one of the lunches from Moes. You got two tacos, a $.25 bag of chips and 1 can of soda for $8.00. After you take away the .25 for the little bag of chips and .50 for a can of pop you are paying $3.50 per Taco I just thought that was outrageous. Needless to say I did not purchase that lunch. Can you imagine trying to get tacos for a family at $3.50 a ;piece. The lunch of hot dog/hamburger is worth its money and also the pulled pork and chicken is worth its money. I did not want any additional charges to my bill at the front desk so I would have to leave the lower level and walk the steps up to the first floor (they are re doing their elevators and you normally have at least a 10 minute wait) and pay my money for my lunches why couldn't I have just paid downstairs? Customer service Needless to say I got a whole lot of R&R on this trip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pepper9121
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

To start on a positive note, the view was amazing! We looked out in the morning to a gorgeous view of the ocean.

However, the check-in process was so outdated and took forever. They had to use the old-fashioned swiping machine for our credit card. They had to take a deposit, even though we were only staying the one night.

The bed was very small. The bathroom was tiny and dirty. I took a cleansing wipe to try and clean the floor.

The couch in the TV room was covered in a material that was scratch and uncomfortable.
For $150 per night, I expect much more.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank roxanedawn
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have been an owner for the past 21 years. Tropic Shores has a great staff, including a wonderful housekeeping crew, that takes care of you daily. You can relax in your condo, looking out at the ocean, and enjoy a lot of peace and quite. I would recommend this facility to all who are looking for a quite place to go on Daytona Beach.

Room Tip: Upper floors are the best!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family