“Not very well for us” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Monticello, Ga
“Not very well for us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2004

WE used to go to the Sand Castle every year and loved it. But then we had to travel with our 2 cockatiels and the owners were very rude to us but we went back anyway.
We used to try to get to Daytona Beach everyother month. In January 2003 we booked a room that was $45 a night on the internet and when we got there we were billed $96 each night we were there, the office girl got very rude with us and told us the going rate was $96 a night....we never paid that much a night when we would stay in June or July. When we questioned them they became very defensive and told us not to come back.

8 Thank tllsmi

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Delano,TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2004

Excellent place to stay. We stayed at the Lynn Scott Lee just down the road for many years, and I just love this section of town. Lynn Scott Lee was tore down last year and this is the hotel that the owner recommended. His recomendation was excellent. We already have booked our room there next year.

1 Thank chrome717
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2004

I stayed here twice with my Labrador Retriever: It is very dog-friendly and the owners really love dogs. We stayed in the rooms designated for pets and they were clean - the ceramic tile throughout is perfect. I liked being only 4 rooms from the beach so I could check on my dog while I was on the beach. At night, my dog was able to hang out on the patio overlooking the beach. I had a kitchenette and it was newly redone.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2003

This will be our 6th year going to the Sand Castle. My husband & I just love the place. Very friendly atmosphere. Love the owners. Its like our own house. Can't wait until we're there.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2003

In May, my husband and I stayed in Daytona Beach for our 15th anniversary. We selected the Sand Castle Motel because it was on the beach and very well priced ($75.00 a night for a JACUZZI room). We were very satisfied! The staff was very friendly. Even though the rooms are older, it was very clean. When our maid found out it was our anniversary, she went across the street to the 7-11 and bought us a bottle of wine. It was very convenient to everything around and right off the exit, no traffic. We are planning to bring the kids back in October and can't wait. I definately recommend this motel if you're on a budget and want to have a very enjoyable stay with a clean room and friendly staff.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2003

Me, my husband, and a few of our friends came down for Biketober Fest last October, and we had a blast! I had never been down to Daytona, but glad I finally did. Staying at the Sand Castle was wonderful, even though I got extremely sunburned the very first day. The people there were very kind, helpful, and fun to be around, and that's why we are coming down again this October o do it all over again!! So, save us a room guys, we shall return. Thanks for everything once again!! Miss ya!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Fla
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2003

This was our first visit to the Sand Castle Motel and we found it to be very clean & comfortable. There is a oceanfront sundeck on the top floor for all guests to use. The sunglow pier is only a few hotels away making it a very short walk if you want to fish or just have dinner. The rates are good and the owner was warm & friendly. A nice place for the family. We would stay there again.

3 Thank oceanmist
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#15 of 102 in Daytona Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,313 reviews
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#1 of 2 in Daytona Beach Shores
Emerald Shores Hotel
Emerald Shores Hotel
#46 of 102 in Daytona Beach

Been to Sand Castle Motel? Share your experiences!