“My favourite place to be!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sand Castle Motel

Sand Castle Motel
Ranked #61 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Belfast, United Kingdom
“My favourite place to be!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Excellent hotel, location, staff, value for money etc etc.... Steve and Irina (staff) are superb not to mention all the friends we have met over the last four years that we have been coming back there. Right on the beach....it has everything you need. Have room booked again for 2011!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank allison1976

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Leeds, England
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We have been here 4 times in recent years, the staff are friendly & helpful, quite a bit of refurbishing has been done since our last visit, super pool & adjacent areas, easy access to one of the best beaches there is, plenty of local restaurants, looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PKn
Kirtland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2010

We stayed at the Sand Castle one summer. It was about the same as any other Mom & Pop motel, no better, no worse -- maybe a bit higher in price but just a bit so we didn't mind as the Mom & Pop motels are few and far between in Daytona these days. Fairly clean though not as good as some others. The room we stayed in was rather cramped but we were fine with that. The next year, we made reservations and paid a deposit of $92 (more that we had ever paid before as a deposit at other motels). We had a family emergency (due to illness) and had to cancel our reservation 4 days in advance. We asked if we could either get our deposit back or use it as a deposit on a later stay as we knew we would be able to go in September. The owner was rude and said that they might be unable to rent the room for the ten days we had reserved it so we could not have our deposit back and furthermore we could not use the deposit towards a stay a couple of months later. Our original trip was booked for July so I know there is no way they were unable to rent that room -- it's one of the most busy times in Daytona. I didn't mind not getting the deposit back but I did mind their refusal to apply it towards another stay. I simply could not understand this. It turned out fine for us as we have since found a couple other motels which are nicer (with private balconies that overlook the ocean) and are the same price range or less. I just wanted to let you know to beware about your deposit. You will not get it back if you need to cancel due to an emergency!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank g8orgrrrl
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I have been going to the Sand Castle Motel for 3 years now. In fact, my family and I are making our 4th trip this Saturday. Every time we come down, we are welcomed by the wonderful staff. On our second visit to Sand Castle, a wonderful cleaning woman stopped us as we entered the room and gave us something we had forgotten a year ago! We have so much fun at Sand Castle. We all come down (as a family) with about 7 families total and basically rent out the entire bottom floor. Everything about Daytona Beach Shores is wonderful. I highly recommend that you come and take a visit. I have been to many beaches, (Tybee Island, Miami, etc.) and Daytona Beach Shores is the nicest and most friendliest beach I have ever been too. By the way, I am psyched for my vacation and stay and Sand Castle coming up at the end of this week! Hace a nice stay!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank DaytonaBeach4Ever
Reviewed 3 June 2010

The sandcastle motel is great. They have very clean and large rooms. Thy also have karoke all the time. They also have very friendly staff. Every Thanksgiving they have a by dinner did I metion it was free. I have been coming down here for twenty years. They are pet friendly,under some rules. They do have rules like every place else. They have very friendly people staying every year. I will keep coming until they close.

Ps very clean linens

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank FrenchZebra99
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 29 April 2010

My husband and I have been coming to Daytona Beach for over 20 years staying at various hotels, motels, and condos. We were so thrilled with the"home like" atmosphere. This is a small quaint motel with 30 rooms, with a GORGEOUS sun deck which offers a beautiful view and an all day breeze. This motel is ocean front with a sparkling clean pool. The provide gas grills along with washers and dryers which is a definite bonus when traveling. They are literally a "stones throw away" from Crabby Joes' and the Sun Glow Pier. We would definitely stay again and are telling everyone in Michigan to give them a try.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cle49203
Thunder Bay
Reviewed 28 April 2010

I could not agree more with the previous review - perfectly summed up. Irena the housekeeper was fantastic!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Beachside Motel
Beachside Motel
#40 of 102 in Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#1 of 2 in Daytona Beach Shores
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#14 of 102 in Daytona Beach
Famous Shores Motel
Famous Shores Motel
#71 of 102 in Daytona Beach

Been to Sand Castle Motel? Share your experiences!