“Finest place on the beach”
Review of Sierra Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
Sierra Suites
Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed here for the second time in a year, and the seventh time ever. Rick and Ada, the Suites owners, made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived ( again ). Apartments very clean and neatly furnished and all close to the beach. Very clean heated pool and plentiful of supply of sun beds and also shade if preferred. Most apartments have laundry facilities, but for those without there is a very clean laundry room. Close to all amenities and shops. Nothing is too much trouble for Rick and Ada should you need their help with anything. Free parking and wi if internet for each unit also provided. Most units have an absolute minimum of one TV. We had a one bed unit which had two flat screen TV's. Beware though, Rick and Ada are masters in the art of Corn hole so make sure at least one of them is on your team when playing on the deck.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Such a great location. We only stayed for one night, but I would definitely go back. Friendly atmosphere, clean rooms and the beach is right there. We loved the décor and great choice of channels for the late nights. Fast internet and convenient laundry facilities. You have to check it out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband retired so off to Sierra Suites for the whole month. We had a wonderful time, although sad for Rick and Ada. Rick lost his Mom and had to go to Pa for a few days. Ed from Paducah KY, filled in as chief motel owner/keeper of the rooms. We got to spend time more with our friends we've met there and My sister and her husband as well. We stay in 18, the stairs are not easy but I won't give it up. Once you do it is gone!!! We will be back in 18 for a week this June. Our annual trip with my Bff and her family from Indiana. There are a few places to eat on the beach, but nothing like there use to be back in the day. It's as though with the high-rise's there aren't many places to stay either. We don't mind getting in the car to go eat, but if you do want to cook, the rooms are well stocked. IF you should be so lucky as to stay in one of their rooms, you better book it again before you go home. Bruce and Char from West Chester, Ohio

Room Tip: if you need a fitness center this place is not for you. We walk on the sidewalk if it is cold and th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Our family has been yearly trackers to Daytona Beach for Christmas for many many years now. Since we found Sierra Suites we never worry how our accommodations will be. We know they will be perfect.

This little hotel is American owned and it is operated by the owners who take pride in taking care of their guest. The rooms are always clean with modern appliances and televisions. HD cable provides plenty of channels on those rainy days. Laundry room and washer & dryer are clean and efficient. Cable supplied Wi-Fi throughout the property is speedy. Pool is heated with tons of deck to find that alone space. Direct access to the beach if sand is in your dreams.

This is an older two story bldg with no elevator and parking is limited to one car per unit, but the owner is more than helpful if assistance is needed with the stairs and I find the limited parking to not be a big deal since I'm not afraid to walk across the street if need be.

Yep .. We love this place !!!

Btw ... I've already booked for next year too !!!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Superior_Dave
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Ive stayed at just about every place alone the beach fir the past 25 yrs every year and have never found somewhere Id return a second year until I found this secret!! What a gem!!! You just don't find these small locally owner places any more! ! The owners are there 24-7 for all your needs.. and they are wonderful people!! Out There all day long getting to know the people! My husband had never played bags before and he was hooked by the time we left! Thanks to Rick..ive never been in a older hotel s that was the cleanest place ever and I do mean CLEAN!! NEVER SAW A BUG...and this is Daytona usually I've seen
them in the Marriott. .Give them a call Rick will even answer the phone! !..:))

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank gwgw98
Reviewed 24 September 2013

26 people from the STL .. 3 generations from 6 to 60's and lots of Florida family too! and we all enjoyed our stay! Very accurate pictures of the rooms they are very nice! and the large room was stocked beyond our expectations... nice cookware .. toasters ... mixers etc ... the owners really pay attention to detail ..all the rooms were very clean and well stocked..we had 5 rooms during our stay and we had plenty of room . the courtyard and pool area were nice...I definately like the rooms in back for the ocean view! but the courtyard rooms are beautiful ... a couple of the rooms seemed a bit warm but we had so many people in and out so we think that was why.I was in room 19 and I loved it :) air was very cold there! the bottom units can hear a lot of sound from the tops ( but that is really quite common) we were not disturbed but it was a bit stressful when another unit complained ... we tried hard to be quiet but with that much family and some of us hadn't seen each other in years there were lots of late night visiting! and the owners were very understanding. all in all it was a VERY GOOD place .. we all called it home! we will go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Fourth time here. My best trip to Daytona and Sierra. Once again, clean rooms, clean pool and never had any problems. (See my other reviews of Sierra) Met some really great people staying there and won't go anywhere else in the Daytona area. I just can't deal with huge hotels anymore that have hundreds of rooms that increase the chance of loud, obnoxious patrons (and their kids). I love the laid back atmosphere, guests, and overall quietness. I'll be back eventually for my fifth visit.

Room Tip: They have a great DJ! Stayed in room 19...good view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family