“Good location”

Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel is off of I-95 far enough to be quiet. There is little traffic after 5:00 pm on the boundary road (Auto Circle Dr) since there are nothing but car dealerships along this road. It is literally 10 minutes to Daytona Speedway. The hotel is modern and clean. There is a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bed was comfortable. The front desk personnel were cheerful and check-in/out went smoothly. Convenient, clean, safe, reasonalbe rate = good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stay at this hotel at least one weekend per month, sometimes more often. In fact, it has gotten to the point that when I arrive for my usual late Friday night check-in, the night manager, Robert, greets me with a pleasant "Welcome Home". Frankly, if you don't want or need to stay on the beach I can't imagine why you would stay anywhere else. This hotel is located in a secluded but safe spot right off of I-95 and is one exit (5 minute drive) away from both the Speedway and Ormond Beach. The LPGA golf course is just down the road. There are numerous restaurants of all cuisines and prices within 5 miles and the in-house restaurant is also very good. Daytona is not a huge municipality and you can get to the beach and most other area attractions within 15 minutes except during known congested traffic times such as Speed Week and Bike Week. (During these times you'd have a difficult time getting around no matter where you stayed.)

The facilities are in tip-top shape (it's "like new") and the rooms are very well-appoined with comfy beds with duvets and extra pillows, granite bathroom counters and shower, flat screen TVs, microwave and fridge. There are also a generous amount of power outlets for those of us who travel with laptops and other gadgets and the WIFI is free and speedy.

The staff is professional, friendly and attentive and they do a great job of making their guests feel at home. Unlike some places I have stayed, the housekeepers are quiet and thorough and don't go out of their way to ensure that those who have requested a late check-out vacate their rooms early. This is a well-run hotel and I go out of my way to stay there and to recommend it as a "find" to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here during bike week and loved it! The hotel is very clean and modern. I was previously staying at the holiday inn express on Speedway Blvd, but after finding ants and seeing a bed bug on my bed, I moved here! What a smart move! I am very picky , I always inspect the mattresses in every hotel I go too, as well as the cleanliness, and at this location, you need not worry, the rooms are clean, the beds comfy, and staff friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is located just off I95, just off LPGA Blvd. It is minutes away from the Daytona Speedway strip, far enough away to get a quiet night's sleep, close enough to all the restaurants. The beach is about 30 min away. The hotel was clean, modern, quiet and the staff were courteous. My one complaint is that the AC unit at night is a little loud but it becomes background noise eventually. This is probably one of the nicest places to stay in Daytona Beach proper.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

On a return trip from Naples FL we stopped for dinner at Dixie Crossroads (Titusville Exit 220....and don't miss it if you want superb seafood in casual setting) continuing to Daytona without reservations...picked up discount coupon book,,,arrived at HIE about 6 PM and got two queen bed room at discount rate. Motel is 3 years old in May ('12) but looks to be in mint condition. VERY clean, comfortable beds, granite surfaces in bath including shower, shower head that works and with water pressure to blow one away - what a PLUS. No comped breakfast because of "restaurant" on premises. Ample parking. One of - if not - THE most appealing lodgings along the I-95 corridor. Will be on our must recommend list indefinitely.

Room Tip: Just ask at the front desk.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack R
Reviewed 18 March 2012

First impression was great. Entering the room was another great impression. Half hour latter leaving the room I find a huge roach in the hall, stepped on it. An hour latter returning I find another roach in the hall. This time I gathered it up after stepping on it and brought it to the front desk attention. While somewhat concerned the answer was "it's bike week and we often find them with this crowd". Hey we will give you free breakfast as a way of saying appoligies. Why and the heck do I want to eat breakfast at a place that I know has roaches and why would anyone think a biker brings roaches? Hotel appears clean and yes I know hotels in Florida have roaches just did not expect such a lame answer.

Room Tip: Roaches found
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tim S
DaytonaHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Tim,

Let me start by apologizing for any inconvenience you experienced while staying at the Holiday Inn LPGA. We take our guest satisfaction very serious and strive to make every guest's stay a great one.

As you can see by our other reviews, we have been pretty successful so far in taking care of our guests, that said, we are not perfect and it seems we may have failed in your case.

Please feel free to call the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. I assure you I will do everything I can to make up for any disappointment that you experienced during your recent stay.

Dave Bon Fleur
386-236-0200, ext. 501

Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago for Bikeweek and were very pleased with the service and accommodations - notably the parking set aside for the bikers. We had reservations for Bikeweek this year but are unable to attend due to a military trip my wife had to leave for a week prior. I called the hotel and spoke with hotel manager Dave ( I didn't get his last name) who was extremely gracious and understanding, he cancelled our reservation sympathetic to our situation and we were not charged any fees as a result. He was very polite and courteous, wished us well and hoped we would choose his hotel for future stays. That goes without saying, we would gladly stay again at this Holiday Inn after being taken care of so well!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple