All reviewschef jamesfront deskvery nice hotelonly stayed one nightking suiteflat screenbed was comfortableeasy accessbike weeklate checkfree breakfastthe general managerwould definitely stay here againclean roomsfitness centerhot tubdaytona
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed one night, and overall, it was a decent place to stay considering the price. We payed 85 for the one night and that included one breakfast, which aggravated me because when we made on-line reservations it was insinuated that we both got breakfast. i simply went up to the front desk later that evening after they had a shift change and asked for my breakfast coupon and they gave me an additional one (problem solved). The hot tub isn't really hot, but it is loaded with chlorine, so don't bring one of your favorite bathing suits. We asked for a room close to the pool, which worked out well because there are two additional restrooms inside the hotel next to the pool. This works well when the bathroom is tied up in your room, especially when you are staying with someone other than your spouse. The place is clean for the most part with the exception of the shower area, which had mold spots. Staff is professional and friendly.

Room Tip: Coffee is available in the kitchen and the assortment of creamers is much better than what is in the room. Also, you should be able to score another breakfast coupon from the front desk if you request it after a shift change. get a room near the pool and you will have an additional restroom at your disposal.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Jeff G,

Thank you for your stay, and feedback. It is unfortunate you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received, but I am pleased to see the staff was a highlight of your stay. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel is off of I-95 far enough to be quiet. There is little traffic after 5:00 pm on the boundary road (Auto Circle Dr) since there are nothing but car dealerships along this road. It is literally 10 minutes to Daytona Speedway. The hotel is modern and clean. There is a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bed was comfortable. The front desk personnel were cheerful and check-in/out went smoothly. Convenient, clean, safe, reasonalbe rate = good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stay at this hotel at least one weekend per month, sometimes more often. In fact, it has gotten to the point that when I arrive for my usual late Friday night check-in, the night manager, Robert, greets me with a pleasant "Welcome Home". Frankly, if you don't want or need to stay on the beach I can't imagine why you would stay anywhere else. This hotel is located in a secluded but safe spot right off of I-95 and is one exit (5 minute drive) away from both the Speedway and Ormond Beach. The LPGA golf course is just down the road. There are numerous restaurants of all cuisines and prices within 5 miles and the in-house restaurant is also very good. Daytona is not a huge municipality and you can get to the beach and most other area attractions within 15 minutes except during known congested traffic times such as Speed Week and Bike Week. (During these times you'd have a difficult time getting around no matter where you stayed.)

The facilities are in tip-top shape (it's "like new") and the rooms are very well-appoined with comfy beds with duvets and extra pillows, granite bathroom counters and shower, flat screen TVs, microwave and fridge. There are also a generous amount of power outlets for those of us who travel with laptops and other gadgets and the WIFI is free and speedy.

The staff is professional, friendly and attentive and they do a great job of making their guests feel at home. Unlike some places I have stayed, the housekeepers are quiet and thorough and don't go out of their way to ensure that those who have requested a late check-out vacate their rooms early. This is a well-run hotel and I go out of my way to stay there and to recommend it as a "find" to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here during bike week and loved it! The hotel is very clean and modern. I was previously staying at the holiday inn express on Speedway Blvd, but after finding ants and seeing a bed bug on my bed, I moved here! What a smart move! I am very picky , I always inspect the mattresses in every hotel I go too, as well as the cleanliness, and at this location, you need not worry, the rooms are clean, the beds comfy, and staff friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is located just off I95, just off LPGA Blvd. It is minutes away from the Daytona Speedway strip, far enough away to get a quiet night's sleep, close enough to all the restaurants. The beach is about 30 min away. The hotel was clean, modern, quiet and the staff were courteous. My one complaint is that the AC unit at night is a little loud but it becomes background noise eventually. This is probably one of the nicest places to stay in Daytona Beach proper.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business