“Nice rooms, suites are large, front desk is great, everyone was very friendly!”

Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed here the Weekend of April 7th 2012 for a friends weeding. The first night I was in a regular room, the second night I switched to the pull out in a friend's suite-room.

Check in was very easy. They had room keys already coded for you. Very cool, you just showed ID, provided a Credit Card for Security (Never been anywhere where I didn't) and I was handed the booklet that had my name on it, and card inside with the FREE WI-FI code. FREE WIFI!. I've stayed at places that want to charge as much as $30 for Wi-Fi, its so nice when places see it as an added value, not a random revenue stream.

The two queen bed room I stayed in the first day was very clean, and had a south east facing view toward the Speedway. Morning sun was bright this time of year if your not an AM person I suggest the Blackout curtains that are on a separate track from the sheer curtains (Nice touch having two types.) There was a desk to get work done, with a note that stated they had at the front desk Wifi Adapters if you needed one. This place is setup for business travelers and its nice to have access to local number and 800 numbers for free *Plus the wi-fi.

Room came with a very nice iron that quickly moved through the packing wrinkles on my outfits.

Bathroom was clean functional and spacious for a hotel bathroom. (It might even be larger then the bathroom in some apartments I've had.)

What really made the stay was the "extra touches" done by the staff. As stated I was in town for a wedding. The bride and groom suggested the hotel and they worked with the staff to place personalized notes in each persons room that was attending the wedding. I was shocked to have one as I did not book this room until 4:00 A.M. the morning of my stay! That made the trip right there.

They had worked with the staff & bartender to ensure their guests would be well taken care of, Megan the bartender was great in addition to being friendly and helpful to our large bar party even stayed a little late to ensure our full satisfaction!

I checked out the workout area and was very nice and a step above the normal treadmill and lat pull down bar I've seen at most hotels.

Keycard are awesome and use NFC. Every fiddle with your keycard trying to figure out the right direction to apply it, have that magnetic strip worn off? Battle with the door to gain entry in your room? Not here! They use NFC. Slip this card in your wallet and you're never going to lose it (unless you lose your wallet.) Get back to your room, waive your wallet (or card) near the door and it unlocks! Worried about security of this feature? Don't its harder the magnetic tech to forge a room key based on the coding of the locks. Its like that ID badge at work, or to enter your apartment complex.

Here is the best part! I accidentally left my sunglasses in the lobby late Saturday night. I called up three days later. Spoke with the front desk, they took my name and number. Within ten minutes they called me back with wonderful news, they found my glasses. A few days latter they were back protecting my eyes from the sun!.

Room Tip: I had the chance to visit someone that had a very large suite that was the size of at least two norm...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank pileosnafu

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed for two nights on business and found the hotel to be very clean. My room was huge with a nice sitting area and comfortable king bed and great pillows. Nice fridge and kitchenette. Bathroom was very modern and clean. Had breakfast buffet on one morning and it was ok but since I was watching my carbs not much but typical carb breakfast fare. Service was very friendly in the restaurant. LPGA Golf course is minutes away and they have great rates and a nice practice facility and the course looked in great shape. The hotel is just off I-95 but not too much road noise in the room. It is also away from the main Daytona strip which is good as it is quiet and it is only a five minute ride to get to the speedway and the surrounding restaurants and shopping. There is a restaurant just on the other side of 95 from the hotel called Vince Carter's (the basketball star) Which I have also reviewed and worth a visit!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel may be a bit quieter than those facing I-95 but really those are...
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed one night, and overall, it was a decent place to stay considering the price. We payed 85 for the one night and that included one breakfast, which aggravated me because when we made on-line reservations it was insinuated that we both got breakfast. i simply went up to the front desk later that evening after they had a shift change and asked for my breakfast coupon and they gave me an additional one (problem solved). The hot tub isn't really hot, but it is loaded with chlorine, so don't bring one of your favorite bathing suits. We asked for a room close to the pool, which worked out well because there are two additional restrooms inside the hotel next to the pool. This works well when the bathroom is tied up in your room, especially when you are staying with someone other than your spouse. The place is clean for the most part with the exception of the shower area, which had mold spots. Staff is professional and friendly.

Room Tip: Coffee is available in the kitchen and the assortment of creamers is much better than what is in the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Jeff G,

Thank you for your stay, and feedback. It is unfortunate you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received, but I am pleased to see the staff was a highlight of your stay. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel is off of I-95 far enough to be quiet. There is little traffic after 5:00 pm on the boundary road (Auto Circle Dr) since there are nothing but car dealerships along this road. It is literally 10 minutes to Daytona Speedway. The hotel is modern and clean. There is a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bed was comfortable. The front desk personnel were cheerful and check-in/out went smoothly. Convenient, clean, safe, reasonalbe rate = good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stay at this hotel at least one weekend per month, sometimes more often. In fact, it has gotten to the point that when I arrive for my usual late Friday night check-in, the night manager, Robert, greets me with a pleasant "Welcome Home". Frankly, if you don't want or need to stay on the beach I can't imagine why you would stay anywhere else. This hotel is located in a secluded but safe spot right off of I-95 and is one exit (5 minute drive) away from both the Speedway and Ormond Beach. The LPGA golf course is just down the road. There are numerous restaurants of all cuisines and prices within 5 miles and the in-house restaurant is also very good. Daytona is not a huge municipality and you can get to the beach and most other area attractions within 15 minutes except during known congested traffic times such as Speed Week and Bike Week. (During these times you'd have a difficult time getting around no matter where you stayed.)

The facilities are in tip-top shape (it's "like new") and the rooms are very well-appoined with comfy beds with duvets and extra pillows, granite bathroom counters and shower, flat screen TVs, microwave and fridge. There are also a generous amount of power outlets for those of us who travel with laptops and other gadgets and the WIFI is free and speedy.

The staff is professional, friendly and attentive and they do a great job of making their guests feel at home. Unlike some places I have stayed, the housekeepers are quiet and thorough and don't go out of their way to ensure that those who have requested a late check-out vacate their rooms early. This is a well-run hotel and I go out of my way to stay there and to recommend it as a "find" to my friends.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here during bike week and loved it! The hotel is very clean and modern. I was previously staying at the holiday inn express on Speedway Blvd, but after finding ants and seeing a bed bug on my bed, I moved here! What a smart move! I am very picky , I always inspect the mattresses in every hotel I go too, as well as the cleanliness, and at this location, you need not worry, the rooms are clean, the beds comfy, and staff friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is located just off I95, just off LPGA Blvd. It is minutes away from the Daytona Speedway strip, far enough away to get a quiet night's sleep, close enough to all the restaurants. The beach is about 30 min away. The hotel was clean, modern, quiet and the staff were courteous. My one complaint is that the AC unit at night is a little loud but it becomes background noise eventually. This is probably one of the nicest places to stay in Daytona Beach proper.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business