I stayed here the Weekend of April 7th 2012 for a friends weeding. The first night I was in a regular room, the second night I switched to the pull out in a friend's suite-room.
Check in was very easy. They had room keys already coded for you. Very cool, you just showed ID, provided a Credit Card for Security (Never been anywhere where I didn't) and I was handed the booklet that had my name on it, and card inside with the FREE WI-FI code. FREE WIFI!. I've stayed at places that want to charge as much as $30 for Wi-Fi, its so nice when places see it as an added value, not a random revenue stream.
The two queen bed room I stayed in the first day was very clean, and had a south east facing view toward the Speedway. Morning sun was bright this time of year if your not an AM person I suggest the Blackout curtains that are on a separate track from the sheer curtains (Nice touch having two types.) There was a desk to get work done, with a note that stated they had at the front desk Wifi Adapters if you needed one. This place is setup for business travelers and its nice to have access to local number and 800 numbers for free *Plus the wi-fi.
Room came with a very nice iron that quickly moved through the packing wrinkles on my outfits.
Bathroom was clean functional and spacious for a hotel bathroom. (It might even be larger then the bathroom in some apartments I've had.)
What really made the stay was the "extra touches" done by the staff. As stated I was in town for a wedding. The bride and groom suggested the hotel and they worked with the staff to place personalized notes in each persons room that was attending the wedding. I was shocked to have one as I did not book this room until 4:00 A.M. the morning of my stay! That made the trip right there.
They had worked with the staff & bartender to ensure their guests would be well taken care of, Megan the bartender was great in addition to being friendly and helpful to our large bar party even stayed a little late to ensure our full satisfaction!
I checked out the workout area and was very nice and a step above the normal treadmill and lat pull down bar I've seen at most hotels.
Keycard are awesome and use NFC. Every fiddle with your keycard trying to figure out the right direction to apply it, have that magnetic strip worn off? Battle with the door to gain entry in your room? Not here! They use NFC. Slip this card in your wallet and you're never going to lose it (unless you lose your wallet.) Get back to your room, waive your wallet (or card) near the door and it unlocks! Worried about security of this feature? Don't its harder the magnetic tech to forge a room key based on the coding of the locks. Its like that ID badge at work, or to enter your apartment complex.
Here is the best part! I accidentally left my sunglasses in the lobby late Saturday night. I called up three days later. Spoke with the front desk, they took my name and number. Within ten minutes they called me back with wonderful news, they found my glasses. A few days latter they were back protecting my eyes from the sun!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether in town for business, pleasure or both, the Holiday Inn(R) Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd is convenient to all Daytona Beach has to offer. This Daytona Beach hotel is just 10 minutes from the Daytona International Speedway, home of NASCAR's Rolex 24, Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400 and the AMA's Daytona 200. If golf is your game, we are just 5 minutes from LPGA International, which features two championship 18-hole golf courses, the Champions and the Legends. If the beach is calling your name, we are just 15 minutes from the World's Most Famous Beach. If you love to shop, we are conveniently located at the same interstate exit as Tanger Outlets. Our hotel offers free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour Business Center that has copy and print services. We also have 2,200 square feet of flexible meeting space for your corporate or social gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Daytona Beach Lpga Boulevard Hotel Daytona Beach
- Holiday Inn Daytona Beach LPGA Blvd Florida