“The Classic Steakhouse Experience”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 373 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This Resturaunt is inside the Hilton Hotel
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
“The Classic Steakhouse Experience”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

From the great Gibsons and excellent wine list, terrific beef properly cooked and traditional sides; this is the real steakhouse experience.

The wait staff are well trained and pleasant and you have the same consistently great meal every time!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Evelyn F

Tillsonburg, Canada
“Excellent Steak Restaurant”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We ate at Hyde's Steak House twice during our stay in Daytona. The salads, steaks and desserts were excellent. The $19.99 early bird and Turf and Surf meals are great value for the quantity and quality if the food that you receive. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone
seeking a quality dinner out.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Bring your appetite”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

If you're staying at the Oceanfront Hilton, Hyde Park is a very good steakhouse right there on the premises. Good ambiance: stately with high ceilings and a lot of roominess, openness so that it handles many diners without feeling cramped. Wife & I were seated next to windows opening onto the terrace looking out at the palm trees & the Atlantic--hard to beat that view.Our server a bit impersonal but very professional; she kept a good flow in bringing out the food. It seemed like a good idea to order the fixed price salad-steak-dessert. Wife enjoyed her caesar & my wedge with blue cheese, bacon, & pecans hit the sweet spot. Our petite tenderloins were sumptuous; the garlic & mushrooms that I'd ordered were ample. enough that I did not begrudge sharing. And the desserts--creme brulee and cheesecake were very good. The only downside of ordering the fixed menu (we should have learned from past experience) is that by the end of the meal you've locked yourself into ordering too much food. Oh, the guilt and regret not being able to finish off the cheesecake! Oh, the painful morning-after food hangover reminding us why gluttony is one of the Seven Deadlies. Those negatives are on us, though; Hyde Park did its job all too well...

2 Thank Humbug42
Jacksonville, Florida
“I still remember that wonderful meal!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My friend & I got a steak & split it & got this enormous lobster tail, (may have been a special?), and split it too, so we could each have surf & turf done right. And it was sooo right. I think it was maybe a 2 pound tail or close to it. had to be. Perfectly prepared. We wolfed it down & took no prisoners. I think we even ate dessert. No doggy bags. No food left. We'll be back. It's right on the ocean & the view is stunning.

• Visited October 2012
Daytona Beach
“Great service, salty food”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was hosting two other couples for my wife's birthday. Been to Hyde Park before. We live in Daytona. Lovely atmosphere overlooking the ocean, great service. My food was inedible due to the amount of salt on everything. Salmon had a crusted layer of salt, Caesar salad salty, sauteed mushrooms side so salty no one would eat them. Spinach dish salty. My wife's crab cakes way too salty. Haven't a clue what their problem is, but in today's world where we should be watching it, either the top came off the salt shaker in the kitchen, or they haven't gotten the word. I'm used to the southern extra spiciness, but this was impossible. Sent my entree back & asked for no salt on the salmon. 30 minutes later, still no replacement. Told them to forget it, my guests were finishing there meals. The manager apologized & took it off the bill, but the damage was done. I remained the gracious host, but never again to Hyde Park.

2 Thank bandit1DaytonaBeach