“Amazing food, questionable service”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 414 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This Resturaunt is inside the Hilton Hotel
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I ate there on April 4th. We went for the early bird special since it was my birthday and my wife is 8 months pregnant. She likes to eat lighter and earlier. We made a reservation and got seated right away. Our waiter, Aaron kept pushing us to order $18 glasses of wine and order the 36 day aged steak. He also said he had a partner working with him which we never saw. When we told him we wanted the early bird deal he looked at his watch and sighed. The lobster bisque was amazing and the filet was one of the best steaks I have ever had (I have ate at a bunch of high end steak places). They gave me a piece of their flourless chocolate tart for my birthday. It was absolutely amazing. Bottom line is the food was great and well worth the early bird special, however service was questionable. Place was1/2e,pty at 7:30pm when we left on a Friday night which we thought was weird. I would eat there again if they had a special, not sure I would pay full price based on service, atmosphere, etc.

1  Thank RockyGator

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Well, my review of this restaurant is definitely "mixed" relative to what to expect. The food was excellent - no question about that. Great quality steaks & seafood, great salads, great desserts. No fault found in that regard. Service, now that's a different matter. Everything started off quite well and because we were with friends and visiting, the time slipped by quickly. But after a while we all started wondering - when are we going to get our dinners? We asked the server and got some pretty lame excuses about why it was taking so long. When the meal did arrive about 10 minutes later, my med-well filet was med-rare, which I just cannot eat. It was taken back and returned about 10 minutes later perfectly cooked. The sea scallops with the filet were excellent. We also ordered the lobster mac & cheese, but it was way to full of garlic for my liking. The only "comp" we got relative to the service issue was a free dessert to take home. When we have had this type of issue in any other quality restaurant, the comp was much more substantial. We will probably be back for the food, but I certainly hope the service kicks it up a notch next time!

1  Thank SRucci
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I traveled up to Daytona Beach for a one night stay and wanted to dress up and go out to eat and the Steakhouse was reccomended to us. Our first impression was that it was a higher class restaurant and would suit our needs since we were in the mood for steak. The food was delicious and usually don't mind paying extra for an awesome experience out but we opted for the surf and turf since that price included salad and desert....if you just ordered steak, you would have to pay for everything seperately and most steaks were $35 or higher by themsleves. A salad was $9 and appetizers and dessert were $16. Surf and turf was $45 with everything. We ordered a cesar and a wedge blue cheese salad, filet mignon with scallops and crab cake along with key lime pie and creme brule for dessert. Key lime pie was way to tart for us though but everything else was tasty. My husband also ordered a mixed drink since we do not drink wine and that's what they specialized in. The drink was advertised to come in a souvenier copper mug for $15. Only after we got up to leave with the souvenier mug did the waitress tell us that it cost an extra $15! So, if we wanted the mug it was $30 for the drink!! We didn't go for it and kind of left in a bad mood. Only other complaint is that our waitress kind of ignored us since she had a party of six at another table.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were told dress was business casual. We saw patrons in t-shirts, cargo shorts, flip flops in the restaurant. Service was friendly and very good, not intrusive, but around when you needed them. We wanted something special for our one night in Daytona. Was not disappointed. A little pricey---$159 with 1 cocktail, no wine. Steaks made to our liking. Would return for sure.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Try the steak you won't be disappointed. Great piece of beef that was cooked perfectly. The prices are fair for the food you get. We stop ever time were in Daytona.