“Great place to eat in D town”

Don Vito's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 392 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family owned and operated, Don Vito's Italian Restaurant is a fantastic establishment that utilizes traditional recipes and comfortable surroundings to provide patrons with, "A Meal YOU Can't Refuse". Using fifth generation recipes passed down from their grandmothers in the kitchen, the owners sons prepare authentic Italian dishes ranging from all of your favorites to some unique creations that you may not have experienced previously, including PIZZA. All of this is served up in a comfortable dining room with black booths, and a number of pieces of Italian art and movie photos on the wall. Located in the quaint Beach Street area directly on International Speedway Blvd. And across the bridge from the beach, Don Vito's is a must-visit Italian restaurant in Daytona for dine in, take out or catering!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The wife and I went to see the Don on memorial day. The salad and pizza was spot on. We also got to watch the parade of cars heading out of town. Great place and good people. When your in Daytona stop in!

1  Thank keywestchris
Write a ReviewReviews (2,132)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Let's start by saying that this restaurant should be listed under Attractions, because not only do you get a delicious dinner, but you also get a show! I visited with my husband and my parents during our trip to Daytona, and I have to say this was one of the highlights of the week. We decided to go here based on the Tripadvisor reviews, and we were not disappointed.

Food: The food was amazing. We had the garlic knots and ravioli for appetizers, both great (garlic knots were awesome!). My dad and I had the chicken parm which was probably the best I've ever had and to my surprise, the dish came with marinara rather than meat sauce which made it even better (not a fan of meat sauce)! My husband ordered the sausage and peppers- great. And my mom ordered the ravioli with meatballs- all delicious. I typically don't like meatballs, but these were fantastic! We finished off with tiramisu, which is my all time favorite dessert. No surprise, it was wonderful.

Owners: This husband and wife duo sure know how to make you feel like one of the regulars.These two are a hoot. I felt like I was watching stand up comedy. We laughed and joked around all evening. Even after they closed, they didn't rush us out. Instead we sat around talking business and cutting up. Great place with great people running the show.

You'll definitely want to give this one a shot. My only complaint is that the restaurant is so far away from my house here in Tennessee.... :)

1  Thank CorryTNgal
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We made reservations and arrived to see our table marked, reserved and ready. We were greeted with a lovely smile by our lively hostess. She quickly became our server and gave us great, personal service. The appetizer sampler was amazing (marinara sauce was so good I would eat it by itself, but I digress) The Pizza was excellent, with a perfect flavor and portion. I highly recommend the spinach ricotta pizza.

Thank bassman4484 .
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our first time at Don Vito's based on the recommendations from Trip Advisor, What an experience! We're so glad we stopped by. The atmosphere was so welcoming from the time we walked in the door! We loved the food, I had the Chicken Francese and it was delicious and my boyfriend had spaghetti and meatballs! The pizza in the next booth looked tempting too, we'll have to save that for next time! Jimmy has a knack of identifying people who look like celebrities, he came up to my boyfriend while visiting and said.. "Sipowicz" !!!.. At first we didn't know what to say, then we realized his talent! We had a good laugh about it and we felt like family from that moment on! Who gives their customers hugs when you get ready to leave? I was truly touched ~ We both can't wait to come back! Thank you for an awesome dining experience!

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This is our second time at Don Vito's on vacation and we love it. The kids were asking if we could come back on the drive to Daytona. The owners are delightful and fun- you can see that they love what they do which is hard to find. The chicken piccata is delish and so is the pizza. We will be back on our next trip for sure!