“Many visits here, almost always very good food”

Ronin Sushi and Bar
Ranked #21 of 398 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Exceptional Sushi Experience
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Many visits here, almost always very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

I've dined at Ronin more times than I can count, sometimes with just my husband and several other times with a large group. The atmosphere is a little more upscale than some other local sushi places, of course the prices match. There are several creative rolls for offer on the menu and everything we've tried has been pretty good. They usually mess up at least one aspect of our order (sushi served as sashimi or some piece of something forgotten) but as they have almost always rectified it by bringing a correct piece for free, we don't complain. Once they brought an item as sashimi that was ordered with sushi and when I politely pointed this out I was offered some rice and a piece of nori to fix it (!?) but that was an outlying experience. Great food doesn't seem to exist in Daytona but this is as close as we've come.

Visited July 2011

Belleview, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

great place, great food. I do not eat raw fish but my family love it, they have sushi with cooked chicken and one with sweet potato. love it, actually crave it at times and have to take the hour and a half drive to eat. great staff there also..................

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank cindy b
Champaign
“If you're in Daytona.... You better pack your lunch :)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

Seriously.... We were looking for great food, because we hadn't come across anything nearly close to that in the entire area. This place was actually the closest to it. We weren't severely disappointed, but it really wasn't great. We waited quite awhile in a seemingly unbusy restaurant. Also, there presentation lacked, when making sushi half (if not more) of the dish is simply presentation. It is supposed to not only be good cuisine but also an art. Every sushi roll on the menu seemed to have the same components as well, no diversity. For the average customer I am sure this place is more than fine. Myself and my fiancée are both chefs and I specialize in sushi, therefore this is a very biased opinion.

• Visited March 2011
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Frozen vegetables and over priced sushi.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

Happy hour drinks only thing to order. When asked about frozen vegetables in fried rice was told," what do you expect".

• Visited February 2011