“So fresh and yummy!”

Description: The Exceptional Sushi Experience
Chicago, Illinois
“So fresh and yummy!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were in Daytona for a relaxing vacation and we were in search of fresh sushi. This place was the freshest sushi I have ever had. The special rolls were delicious, especially the one with the Kobe beef! It is a little expensive, but for the quality of fresh fish, it is really a bargain. I come from Chicago and for the same meal it would have been much more expensive.

Visited August 2014

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Good food slow service.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Good food but slow service to say the least. Good drinks and a cool vibe...but at times you feel like nobody is there to wait on you.

Visited May 2014
“Sushi on 4th of July”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Ronin a sushi restaurant with façade looking like a tavern. It is 4th of July and I decided to have dinner at this dingy place. I ordered a Sashimi dinner, interesting that it does not come with soup at this place. I also ordered a Salmon Roe order with quail egg and one mackerel. Plate seemed well decorated and the sushi chef appears to be a professional. Too bad that his team is not at the same level. When still finishing my dinner, I get the bill placed in front of me though I was going to make one last order of sushi. I was asked if I wanted any desert but I don't usually eat desert after raw fish. The lack of professionalism on behalf of the hostesses takes away from the luster and greatness of the master sushi chef. Lack of communication and confusion don't help when you sit at the sushi bar to eat. There has always been an interactive presence of customer-chef in most sushi bars, and some even toast with you; and if there was no reason to toast and cheer, the chefs make up one for you. Eating raw fish is even more delicate than eating raw meat; its bacteria is more detrimental if not fresh enough and feedback from the sushi chef on what you are eating is informational. Their price is decent and product was good. I asked for Uni, Sea Urchin, but don't carry it for its longest life is two to three days only.
Waitresses or hostesses must be more sensitive to customers with the same pace. I paid my bill and said thank you I enjoyed it, but the response was so poor. But really when you pay $40 for dinner, surely someone at premises must tell you please come back and so on.
Sushi bars are great competition today, and searching for a more authentic sushi bar is priority and yet to be found.

• Visited July 2014
Corryton, Tennessee, United States
“Crunchy delight- you gotta try it.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I visited on my anniversary with my husband. We had a wonderful meal. The dynamite shrimp appetizer was delicious and the crunchy delight was probably one of the best sushi rolls I've ever had. Nice place with a hip atmosphere. Two thumbs up.

• Visited June 2014
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Best Sushi I've Ever Had”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Last night I went to Ronin and I have to say it's the next sushi I've ever had. The wait time was a bit long but the taste and quality if the sushi compensates. Service wasn't bad either the waitresses were all very nice.