“No Service”

Blue Grotto Restaurant and Nightclub
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I stopped in for drinks. We sat at a table on the covered patio. After 20 min. of no service, he went inside to get us drinks at the bar. No one offered us a menu or more drinks. We liked the music (Dan) so he went inside again to get another drink. After 1 1/2 hours a server finely stopped to ask if we needed anything. At this time we were leaving. It would have been nice to try the food, but with NO service we couldn't.

2  Thank missdeb1230

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We love the Blue Grotto! We come in all the time for happy hour and dinner. The staff is nice the food is good and the atmospher is awesome! I would deff reccomend it!

2  Thank DaytonaLovin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were a party of 4 stopping here for dinner after a day on the boat. We sat outside at a covered booth. I walked up to the Tikki Bar to see the listing of beverages and a young man asked if I needed a drink. I said "Not now but later. The rest of my party arrived and we waited for 15 minutes and no one even came to the booth. Finally I went inside to find a waiter and did not see anyone and there was only 1 person sitting at a booth in the whole restraunt. I walked back to the kitchen to see if anyone was working. Yes, apparently there was but I didn 't see anyone. As I left the dining room there appeared a waiter. I asked again if anyone was working and he said some on at the Tikki Bar will help you. I walk up to the bar and asked for a waiter..he said I asked you if you wanted a drink. Hello! What is wrong with this picture. We didn't even get water. Needless to say, we left for some place else to eat. We will never try this place again. Save your money!

2  Thank Juanita515
Reviewed 15 April 2014

--Daytona –Blue Grotto-restaurant and Marina –Basin St-Approx 24 March 2014--
----We were introduced to the Blue Grotto in Daytona by our hosts in Ormond Beach in florida ,,the recorded music was never intrusive and I even joined in with my own verses after a few vodkas /LOL/ , which Travis the waiter seemed to enjoy!! Thanks waiters Travis and Kim for making this a fun afternoon despite the short rain downpour ..The Chowder was Great !!..The View from the Marina was Super and relaxing . We chatted shortly with a Couple from North Carolina.who were also on the way to the Gulf Area .Have a safe trip ---from Jacques and Nic…Friends of Guy [Frenchie] and Ginette …

1  Thank jacques b
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stopped here for a light dinner after golfing. We weren't disappointed. The view of the marina during sunset provided a great atmosphere. There was a musician performing - light listening during dinner. We ordered the Harbor Shrimp dinner, grilled, with a salad and also the Crab Cappicola flatbread. Both were excellent - light, not heavy at all. The salad was freshly made as were the seasonal vegetables. The flatbread was large, plenty for a main course. This place is also a dance club and the inside décor was amazing! Very unique! Definitely worth stopping here for drinks and/or dinner!

2  Thank rmksmk