“updated reno” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #75 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
Largo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

new place still working on it but very nice and so were the people polite and I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking your time to review us. We are glad to hear you will be coming back for a second visit!
Luray, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

i came back to this hotel because i have enjoyed it in the past, but this time was disappointing, so i left a day early. when i arrived, though the front desk lady was very fast about my checkin and even upgraded my room, i did not feel welcomed. she seemed too business like and did not smile or make me feel welcomed. she failed to answer the phone when i tried to call from my room and was not very friendly. the check out lady, however, was very friendly and welcoming, and warm. the room was clean and maintained, pool was very clean, i may or may not come b ack here.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor rooms best.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MALCOLMSMOMLuray_va_
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Dear valued guest,

I was happy to see that you found our hotel in order but, was troubled to hear that we didn't provide a warm and friendly environment. We have such a wonderful staff that generally puts the guests first. I do hope you'll stay with us in the future so that we can have another opportunity to give you the stay you deserve.
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have looked for a contact number other then the hotel and have not found one. I have never been so disqusted with a room in my life. I am attaching a photo of just the bathtub they thought I would shower in... I have many complaints and would like to know who to contact.. all the extra charges above what was quoted me... I was to get a beachside, courtside room... they had me in a room facing the parking lot... I was charged another 28 dollars to get the room I originally paid for. Plus all the extra's, parking lot charge me 3 dollars a day and couldn't even get a parking place to park my car, parked at a friends 3 blocks away. Really???? So I need a contact number because this is just the start...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sheila D
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear valued guest,
I'm sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your reservation. I haven't had the opportunity to talk with you regarding you're stay. We are a low budget hotel that prides ourselves on cleanliness and great hospitality. Please feel free to call me, as I am available Monday through Saturday and would be happy to assist you.

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

The motel is in serious need of a makeover, it is old and run down, perfect location shame its wasted. Watch for hidden charges of parking your vehicle on the premises $3 a day what a joke.
However is was not expensive to stay compared to others. I have stayed in cheaper motels and got much much more. Make sure you price compare, before you pay. However they will match any latest specials if u ask. We had a beach side room, windows so dirty what a waste of extra premium,

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sonny61
Dear valued guest,
I thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all of our reviews so that we may better serve our guests. We understand that there are many travelers that are on a budget, so we try to offer our rooms at reasonable prices. We are an older property but strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms. There is a $3. per day charge for parking at our hotel which is to be expected with most Daytona Beach side hotels. I apologize if you found your ocean front window to be dirty. We generally have our rooms inspected ensuring that they are ready to occupy. As for the location, we are in the heart of Daytona Beach, walking distance to the Ocean Walk Shoppes, the Boardwalk and pier, clubs, and Main Street.
tavares, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed June 3-4. Used a coupon from hotel coupon book so we got an excellant rate! The hotel is old so some of the visual aspects leave a little to be desired however, the rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, no smells, no bugs, felt safe. The staff was awesome. Front desk service (John Harris) was friendly, pleasant, very helpful, and very professional. If you are looking for a resort or luxury this is not for you. If you are looking for an economical weekend or week at the beach this is your place. We will return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank dva19926
Dear valued guest,
We thank you for your positive review. All our staff at Conch House make it their goal to give the best quality stay possible. We understand that the majority of our guests are here on vacation and we want it to be enjoyable as well as affordable.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Its a spring break hotel. It does need alot of updating and upgrading, but for the price its ok. Although they didnt vacuum the floor, make our bed in the 5 days we were there, they did give clean towels everyday.The water in the shower was hot and Carla at the front desk was very nice. If you want luxury this is not your place. If your a college kid on spring break, its for you!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KentuckyPuddin
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear valued guest,

I thank you for your extended stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not get a daily room cleaning from our housekeeping department. It is customary that all of our guests receive a service unless declined. We are an older hotel with plans for renovations. Our rooms, as they are now, are clean, comfortable, and have a nice color schematic. We offer low rates that are affordable on a budget. While we certainly enjoy our spring breakers, we have a variety of guests that stay with us. Families, seniors, etc. I appreciate your kind words regarding the shower and Carla. We are complimented most often on our showers being hot and having great water pressure. Carla is wonderful. Her main goal is to see that all our guests are accommodated and happy, which is the goal of all our staff here at Conch House.