“Pleasantly Suprised”

Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #51 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the motel. When making the reservation I was assured that all rooms have been renovated, so ignore older reviews. The rooms have been nicely redone, new carpet, walls, ceiling, furniture and bathroom have all been updated. Front desk help friendly & helpful. A nice place to stay on the beach at a very reasonable price!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking your time to review us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you stay the next time you are in the Daytona Beach area.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The property is being redone. The remodeled rooms are very pretty, The pool area is large and has tables and chairs. Direct access to beach through pool area. Housekeeping staff were very pleasant. The weekend desk clerk was fantastic. She constantly replenished the breakfast area and straightened up after guests.
The weekday clerk was not as efficient. Several times bread, Danish and milk ran low or were gone. You had to ask her for refills of items. The breakfast area was not kept free of
spills, etc. Sidewalk areas were not swept and cigarette butts were all over.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking your time to review us. We apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. We are glad you overall enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come back for a second visit the next time you are in the Daytona Beach area.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have stayed here before Super 8 acquired it. Nicely renovated. Halls are still noisy but rooms are very nice and rate was good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are glad you liked our renovation. We hope that you will be coming back the next time you are in the Daytona Beach area.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gale J

Reviewed 2 December 2013

new place still working on it but very nice and so were the people polite and I will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking your time to review us. We are glad to hear you will be coming back for a second visit!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

i came back to this hotel because i have enjoyed it in the past, but this time was disappointing, so i left a day early. when i arrived, though the front desk lady was very fast about my checkin and even upgraded my room, i did not feel welcomed. she seemed too business like and did not smile or make me feel welcomed. she failed to answer the phone when i tried to call from my room and was not very friendly. the check out lady, however, was very friendly and welcoming, and warm. the room was clean and maintained, pool was very clean, i may or may not come b ack here.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor rooms best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MALCOLMSMOMLuray_va_
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear valued guest,

I was happy to see that you found our hotel in order but, was troubled to hear that we didn't provide a warm and friendly environment. We have such a wonderful staff that generally puts the guests first. I do hope you'll stay with us in the future so that we can have another opportunity to give you the stay you deserve.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have looked for a contact number other then the hotel and have not found one. I have never been so disqusted with a room in my life. I am attaching a photo of just the bathtub they thought I would shower in... I have many complaints and would like to know who to contact.. all the extra charges above what was quoted me... I was to get a beachside, courtside room... they had me in a room facing the parking lot... I was charged another 28 dollars to get the room I originally paid for. Plus all the extra's, parking lot charge me 3 dollars a day and couldn't even get a parking place to park my car, parked at a friends 3 blocks away. Really???? So I need a contact number because this is just the start...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sheila D
Lira s, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear valued guest,
I'm sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your reservation. I haven't had the opportunity to talk with you regarding you're stay. We are a low budget hotel that prides ourselves on cleanliness and great hospitality. Please feel free to call me, as I am available Monday through Saturday and would be happy to assist you.