“We were very satisfied after having read negative reviews...”

Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #51 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 18 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Natalie H
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The outside of the hotel is a typical old daytona hotel. When I entered my room I was shocked at how clean and cozy the room was for the price. I love the framed wall mounted old pictures of daytona beach and the green walls were very classy. I had a clean microwave and fridge in my basic room which was a great addition. I did not spring for the ocean view or oceanfront but smart enough not to choose the ground floor rooms due to noise from the parking lot. I have no sympathy for people who complain about noise from the parking lot when they chose their room.. just stupid for not choosing a better room. This is Daytona and people are on vacation so the noise is expected, if you want quiet choose a room off the beach !!

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms are quieter especially if you pay for beachfront rooms no loud hallways
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 405TC
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms. Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Daytona Beach!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was not that bad for a couple of nights. The room was clean, and renovated (although, I do not believe all the rooms are!) The pool was nasty! The pool water was GREEN, and there was trash along the sides of the pool. The hotel is next to the beach which is a plus. But it is not a hotel to stay for longer than two nights. The price was a little more than expected, but because we drove 18 hours and was looking for a place at 2 in the morning, we had no choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time to review. We do apologize for any past pool issues. We did end up having to get a new pool man. He is an awesome addition to our team and has our pool looking crystal clear again. ALL of our rooms have been renovated. We guarantee our price to be one of the best along the beach. It is always more expensive to stay at beach front hotels. We apologize for any issues that you had at our hotel, but we do hope you end up staying with us again! Thank you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Do yourself a favor. Put a little more money into your vacation and stay somewhere nice. I have learned my lesson from this experience. The pool was green and hot. Need I say more? I saw a woman come up from the beach, rinse the sand from her and her kid and go right back out onto the beach and get in her car and drive off. I let front desk know the condition of the pool. I did see the owners come and pour some shock it in the pool. (didn't mix it with water first....just poured it directly in pool.) I was told the pool was maintained everyday. I can tell you it was not. It was disgusting! I doubt they own anything to vacuum it out with. I only saw them add water from the water hose to it. The lounge chairs were so thread bare I thought we would split them into by sitting on them. The pool area was filthy with trash and sand. I personally cleaned the sand out of the shower area several times myself with a waterhose. Ice machine was always empty. Continental breakfast? What a joke. Two waffle makers, a few packs of oatmeal, juice machines out of juice and the place was filthy! There is also very limited parking. We walked everywhere because we didn't want to lose our parking space. Our room was fine. Small bathroom. They have renovated but who wants to stay in the room the whole time? Wi-Fi was very slow....we gave up trying. TV went out evertytime we plugged something else into the wall socket. (room had a lot of extension cords) I called Super 8 to see if I could get a refund that is when the girl told me that each Super 8 is privately owned. We checked out early. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and I will warn all of my friends and family about the condition of it. Two good things - Housekeeping staff was great and the young lady at the front desk was very nice but there was nothing ultimately she could have done.

Room Tip: Choose 2nd floor - oceanfront.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We do apologize for any issues with the pool. We had some issues with our old pool worker and we have just recently switched over to a new one. He is an awesome addition to our staff. It took a couple days, but our pool is back to it's normal, crystal clear state. Our hotel is located directly on the beach so the sand is a little hard to maintain on the pool deck. Our free, continental breakfast is offered to let guest's get a kick start to their day. Our front desk staff does their very best to keep the area clean, but there is quite a bit of traffic going in and out of the breakfast area, especially during the weekends. If you do decide to stay with us again, please inform us of any issues going on in your room. We will be more than happy to accommodate you the best we can. Again we apologize for any issues. Thank you for staying at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have read several of the other reviews for this hotel and have this to say: Don't go to a Super 8 expecting a Hilton. If you do, you're an idiot. Yes, this is an older hotel that is in the process of renovation. Yes, the floors of the hallways need to be their next item of business. But our room was clean, had a microwave and fridge, and was nicely updated. The rates are obviously value priced. The pool was clean well kept. Location was AWESOME...literally steps to the beach and across the road from good restaurants. We did have noisy neighbors the morning we checked out but that's not the hotel's fault. Breakfast was cereals, muffins, and waffles.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redheadedrntraveler

We appreciate you taking your time to review our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back anytime, we will be looking forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The rooms were nice but the people were not. They wanted to put us in a room looking out to the dumpster and the parking lot. The elevator stunk and scared me to death to ride it once we paid extra just it get 2 nd floor looking out into the ocean. This was an okay stay, but we are never going back there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We apologize for any issues during your stay at our hotel. Some of our rooms do face the parking lot. Our ocean view rooms have a partial view of the ocean, and partial parking lot view. If you want to upgrade to ocean front, those do provide the full view of the ocean. All of the corner, oceanfront rooms have a full view, facing the ocean, but some do have an additional side view of the parking lot. We are sorry you felt our hotel was not the best for your stay in the Daytona Beach area. But we do hope you end up staying with us again. We will be more than happy to accommodate you the best that we can. Thank you for staying with us.