“EBONY IS TOPS!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Knoxville, Tennessee
“EBONY IS TOPS!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

My wife, sons, and I stayed last year and it was our best beach experience ever. The rooms were not the ritz carlton, but its a small beachfront hotel catered to a tigh budget. Ebony the desk clerk was the greatest. We are going again this year and look forward to the stay. Being on a drug metro task force in my home state, I got no weird feelings walking to our room. Hey guys it's Daytona...Party and get over it..lol

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConchGM, General Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 8 June 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. Customer service is very important to us here, and I am so happy to hear that you had a positive interaction with out front desk staff. We take pride in our jobs and always try to do what we can to assist our guests and make their stay enjoyable. I hope that you return to our hotel in the future, and if you mention you stayed with us previously we would be happy to extend to you our best available rate as a repeat customer. Thanks again and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

My best friend and I stayed here during Speedweeks and outside of the friendly lady at the late arrival check in, nothing else was pleasurable. The room was filthy, stained carpets, you about had to throw your arm everytime you wanted to close the door. The pictures on the Internet are VERY DECEIVING to say the very least. As far as proximity to the track, it is not within walking distance. It is in a good location for a cab pickup and since we were there for the race and festivites, we obviously did not drive. Our vehicle was parked in front of a downstairs room and come Monday morning, had been trashed....beer bottles all in bed of truck, cigarette butts, and stickers removed from the back window. When I brought this to the attention of the 'so called' office manager on duty Monday morning, she seemed to not even care at all. Maybe try hiring a security guard or some sort of patrol. Would definitely not stay here again nor reccomend anyone else to stay here unless you want to worry about your property being vandalized and the roaches carrying off your property.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank NCGUY83
Amanda W, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
We have just reopened as a Super 8 and took over by new management within the last year. All of our rooms are remodeled. We hope you decide to try our hotel. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Cordele, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

This was the nastiest place ever. There were dead roaches in the floor. Rust everywhere. Room we had looked as if it had been broken into before. TRULY NOT WHAT IS DESCRIBED!!!!! I would never take children here. We felt like we were going to be muggged walking down the ally to get to the hotel from parking lot. TERRIBLE!!!! Should be condemned!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

I have NEVER in my life had a more horrifying hotel experience than I did at the Conch House Hotel. It is filthy. FILTHY. It smells. BAD. Surfaces are dirty in the bathroom. There is hair in the bathtub and on the counter and residue of some sort on the toilet seat. The towels are thin and stained (and don't bother asking for more- they don't have any). The bedspreads are also stained and dirty. There appeared to be boogers on the headboard along with what looked like dried marinara sauce. I can't believe this had not been cleaned. There were roaches in the hotel - I pray there were no bed bugs- if so, I now have them in my house. I was afraid to touch the mattress to check.

I was literally afraid to take off my socks and touch the floor.
The hotel was loud, there were several sketchy people hanging out on the premises (I think I witnessed a drug deal). I know I saw prostitutes on the property twice in two days - I would be offended if I were a prostitute and someone took me to this place- what a lack of respect.
The worst part is that I couldn't move to another hotel as I was with a group and everything else was booked.
I have learned a valuable lesson - I will NEVER stay in a hotel without checking for negative reviews - this place should be closed. The photograph online makes is look presentable- this is FALSE ADVERTISING and should be ILLEGAL.
I am suspicious of any review of this place that is not negative- I feel certain those come from someone with financial interests in this hotel. Even the most skanky of human beings has to know that this is extreme filth.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business