“Wonderful, personal service, excellent place to stay”

Fountain Beach Resort
Ranked #38 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We have now stayed twice at the Fountain Beach Resort and have just scheduled a third visit to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Although we were hesitate the first time we stayed because we normally stay in the shores, we found the area to be super. The hotel itself is great, spotlessly clean in all areas, rooms, hallways, public spaces. The staff went out of their way to insure we had a wonderful stay.

The tiki bar and it's staff are great. Music all afternoon and into the evening. The food we ordered was great. My husband who is very particular raved about the clam strips. Never saw him eat so much.

As I said we just rebooked for our 20th anniversary and know the resort will make it as special as they have done in the past.

We live just over the bridges in Port Orange and this is our new get away place. I would recommend it to everyone. Please feel free to email me if you want additional information.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cboyd_10
FountainBeachResort, Director of Sales at Fountain Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2015

Reviewed 1 September 2011

This isn't a Hilton or even a hotel really - from what I could see most of the units are privately owned and rented out by either the owners of the property or the individuals themselves so every unit is different.

We went to Daytona for the beach and the weather and wanted a room that was clean, quiet and cold with a comfortable bed and a working shower and that's exactly what we got. The A/C was ARTIC - our balcony view was amazing, the staff was helpful and it has a Tiki Bar right next to the pool, jacuzzi and mini golf. AND IT'S DIRECTLY ON THE BEACH!!!!! Great bartenders, great food and ice cold drinks! The room and the lobby were dated but who cares? We didn't go on a beach vacation to sit in either place. If you're looking for a laid back relaxing vacation- book here...... If you're wanting turn down bed service and a conciergego - pony up at least 60% more & go stay at the Hilton - you'll HATE this place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank IMWITHBOB

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Some of the rooms in this place are privately owned like the one we stayed in...#606...you can tell from the lobby and check in area that they have renovated this place...the lobby is very "old school" charming w a lot of Florida decor...the hallways (at least on the 6th floor) smell like someone has pee. It's a hideous knock you out smell...the elevators work but they are def a little scary and very old and grungy...the room we stayed in was very nicely decorated and had pleasing colors and decor...the night stand in between the beds has a mold issue that I smelled all night and the bathtub has major issues w soft spots and tile rot....overall for the $$ we paid, this room was very nice and the owner of this unit obviously cares about it...only other thing is if you are sensitive to EMF's, then be careful...very odd but everytime i have walked down the hallway to our room I have gotten extremely dizzy(almost disoriented feeling) an no I wasn't drinking...hubby's said he felt it too...very strange I have never had that happen before...give the place a chance! For the $$, like I said it's fine...only other complaint is that the balconies are sideways facing...so you are looking at the parking lot, their little golf course thing and the ocean beyond that.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank heathergE7805FM
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Service at front desk was allright.
The room however was dirty all over. Everything felt moist and not clean.
The pool water was as warm as urine...
Lots of noisy, constant loud screaming, teethless people.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This wasn’t the worst place I have ever stayed but it certainty wasn’t the best either. I arrived a little before check in and my room wasn’t ready, but they let us use the pool while we waited. The pool, bar and entertainment were very nice. I went back to check on my room again and it was ready.. So I went up to see it. It was HORRIBLE (rm 631)! I understand that each room is decorated differently but this was seriously BAD! It was little more than 2 hard beds with old dirty bedding and a 15" TV from the 90s. The deadbolt on the door was hanging off and wouldn’t lock. I am a single woman staying alone with my 10 year old son. This was not going to work for me. It didn’t feel safe at all! I went back down to the front desk; I explained and asked for a new room. At first they told me that the hotel was completely booked for the night. Then they said there was one room left in the whole hotel. I asked if I could look at it and they let me. This room was MUCH nicer and cleaner (rm 410), so I switched to this room.
The other thing I wasn’t happy about was the view. When I booked my room I had the option of City View or Ocean View. I paid the higher price for the ocean view.. After seeing the view from a few different rooms, I couldn’t tell the difference, The way the hotel is situated it looks like the view is pretty much the same regardless of the room you are in. I wish I hadn’t paid for the better view, It wasn’t worth it.
Oops! Almost forgot the horrible smell in all of the hallways.. Its a cross between wet dog and burnt food. Thank goodness you cant smell it in your room!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is approximately the 8th year that we have stayed here. Our first nite we were put up in a different room than what was promised. They put us in a studio room instead of a fully accomodated room. That was fine for one night. The next day we got a room, again not the one that was promised; but it was because of a water leak that we were reassigned. Not a problem with that. It was a very nice room that was furnished well. The main problem we are having is that the poolis closed, due to a pool pump problem. For 3 straight days we have been told it will be fixed, "tomorrow." I am not sure if they know what "tomorrow" means or if they are just trying to blow smoke. We were also told, "it is going to rain today, so you wouldn't get to use the pool." Also, " You can go to the ocean." Well, first off, it never rained that day. Secondly, the ocean was great, but is hard when you have small children. A pool is much, much better. So this is now day "4" with no pool. The manager has been gone for these days of not having a pool. Imagine that!!! We were promised that we would be compinsated for one of the days without pool use, that fell through as well. All lies and deceivement for the past 4 days. So, if you don't mind not having a pool and like being lied to; come to the Fountain Beach. If you want to be treated fairly, turn around and get away from the Fountain Beach. Will we ever come back? Possibly. We will have to see how the rest of the vacation goes and if we get treated properly, without being lied to as well if the pool gets fixed, TOMORROW!" But otherwise, the Fountain Beach is a great place with good prices. I guess just a bummer year. I guess we are waiting for a prospering country again and tired of waiting on the " changes " we were all promised !

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk personnel before reserving a room.