We were in Daytona the during Bike Week (not as a biker, but a spectator) and wanted a room close to Main Street. We were surprised that Fountain Beach had rooms available. That should have aroused our suspicions. The lobby is deceiving...large, nicely furnished. The small old elevator should have also been a clue, but we REALLY wanted to be in town and on the beach.
The room location was okay. Small patio that if you look to the right you could see the beach. But the room itself was dark...no lights above, beside or anywhere near the beds. The plumbing was poor. The vanity sink wouldn't drain. Had a hard time flushing the toilet. No ice machine on my floor so I went down to the lobby to buy water. Pop machine wouldn't take my dollar bill. I was told I needed to use quarters. Got my quarters but no money. THEN I was told, Oh, yeah, it's out of water!
The whole place is just rundown and in desperate need of some TLC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fountain Beach Resort Hosts the World's Small MeetingsThe Fountain Beach Resort not only specializes in family travel, its meeting and conference facilities are just right for small groups. Our exceptionally large suites, all designed differently, feature-striking vistas overlooking the ocean. Enjoy spacious living areas, full kitchens and luxurious bathrooms with garden spa bathtubs. Watch the sun come up over the sparkling Atlantic Ocean from your private oceanfront balcony and relax at the day's end with the glow of the setting sun.The resort is Home to the Oasis Tiki Bar & Grill where great food and refreshing libations enhance your experience. Enjoy a seat on our 100 foot long drink rail overlooking the ocean, a great spot for lunch and people watching.The Fountain Beach Resort offers 129 spacious guestrooms and suites. The views are breathtaking and the amenities make guests feel right at home with cozy double, queen or king size beds, and cable television channels. Enjoy Wi-Fi for easy Internet access. Accommodations offer full size kitchen units and suites with whirlpool spa bathtubs and more.The Fountain Beach Resort comfortably hosts meetings from just two or three to 200 people. These include youth groups, senior groups, religious groups, business groups, fraternal and military groups and more. Our attentive meeting staff helps make every meeting a success. Facilities include reception and banquet rooms, classroom and theater configurations and dining arrangements suitable for everything from a cookout to a formal banquet. The Caribbean Room, our first floor main meeting room is unlike any meeting room you've ever seen! A large pre-assembly area designed to handle registration, displays and general information for your group, opens into the main meeting room. Spectacular rooms and Suites, all uniquely different, provide just the right space and environment for your group to convene by the ocean. .'Oasis Catering’ is the exclusive caterer for all events scheduled. Our staff is committed to quality, affordable catering and banquet services with creative presentation backed by extraordinary service.Enjoy our State-of-the Heart Experience!"It's a great alternative for groups that prefer a more intimate setting, but still need the services of an experienced meeting and conference property,” "Meeting and conference delegates experience a family-friendly oceanfront hotel and still take care of business; truly it is the best of both worlds”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fountain Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fountain Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Fountain Beach Daytona
- Fountain Beach Resort Daytona Beach, Florida