“They saved our Vacation!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #19 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Suffolk, Virginia
“They saved our Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We typically stay at the same hotel in Jacksonville Beach every year. We considered it our 'home away from home'. When we arrived this year, it was still undergoing considerable renovations, which should have been finished before our scheduled trip. It was so bad we couldn't stay. We headed south and checked in for the night at a hotel that was sub-par at best and not suitable for a relaxing week at the beach. I searched online for hotels, and found this one. After looking at the pictures, I realized we had stayed at this resort about 15 years ago, and loved it. I called, they had rooms available at a reasonable price so we moved the next morning. We were only able to stay 4 nights, but the hotel was in the same shape it was in 15 years before, perfect. Staff was friendly, accomodating and understanding of our situation. They had a room cleaned for us early and while we waited we enjoyed the beach and pool. The food at the bar/restaurant was delicious. We so thoroughly enjoyed ourselves that we are making reservations for next June.. just as soon as our dates are available.. and bringing a family member with us. Thank you Lisa and the rest of the staff for saving what started out to be a disasterous vacation. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Ocean front with a balcony is worth it!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
we're so happy we could make your vacation an enjoyable since it didn't start out so well. Our hotel hs been renovated in the last yer and we hope you enjoyed the upgrdes, I'm glad our staff was able to get a room ready for you early in the day so you could enjoy the pool and beach on your first day. please call us when you have your dates finalized for next June We look forward to having you come and stay with us again. We also thank you for your comments on our staff and hotel.
Hope to see you soon,
Leah Klindt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed here for a week while we were house hunting in the area, and everyone was so helpful and kind. Lisa, the Guest service manager, went above and beyond in accommodating our needs! The restaurant and bar staff was excellent as well, thanks, Brandi. Great service from everyone.

Room Tip: Best views, ocean side 4th floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let me and the thousands of people that use trip advisor know that we are providing great customer service, Lisa does go all out for our guests and Brandy is doing a wonderful job as well. All of our employees try to go above and beyond for our guests, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you gain when you travel to our area. once you move here if you found a house you will have lots of visitors so remember us if the house get's full.

thanks again for your sincere comments,

Bethlehem, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was our second year staying at Holiday Inn & Suites in Daytona Beach. For 20 years we went to the same "Mom & Pop" motel that is now closed. We had a hard time finding a place that had the same type of staff, amenities, and clientele. Every staff member we encountered at Holiday Inn & Suites was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is family friendly! The restaurant has great food. The rates are competitive with like hotels. I love this hotel and can't wait to go back next summer!

Room Tip: Top floor is for a family that wants a quiet floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Our team is so happy you have found a new place to call home when you travel to Daytona Beach we're happy you and your fmily enjoyed your trip, we hope to see you on your next visit to Daytona Beach. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we're doing.Hope to see you again real soon,

Thanks,

Eupora, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I have to book my hotels through my company. I was to work in Daytona for 3 days then the weekend and 4 days the next week. Rather than fly back home I wanted to stay on points for the weekend. My wife was traveling with me. I had the first days booked but was told I could not stay on points for the weekend. The Guest Services Manager, Lisa worked her magic and I was able to stay in the same room for the entire stay which made my wife relly happy.
This is my first stay of many stays at this hotel due to the extra effort she made for me. I will be periodically working in Daytona for the next year and will book this hotel each time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David F
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
What a great way to start the day come in and see a great comment from a guest who is still in the hotel. I do remember Lisa working her magic Saturday morning, We're both very happy you have choosen us for your travel needs while your work brings you to the Daytona Beach area, we hope that you have found all our team members as helpful as Lisa through out your stay. we look forward to your next visit, thank you for your kind words and we hope we can impress you with every stay through the year.

Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stay at this hotel 3 times a year, and it is extremely beautiful.I am so relaxed when I am there that I don't want to leave. Lisa, the manager of the hotel, is the best. I travel all over the country doing auto shows for GM, and Lisa is in my top 3 for favorite hotel managers.This is one of the best hotel experiences I have had all year. The staff and managment gets a big hats off from me .THANK YOU RANDY HEAGY

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Randy, Thank you so much for writting such an nice comment about our hotel, we do appreciate your business and look forward to your arrival in July? for the race, if any of us can be of any further help during your stay please let me know,Again Thank you for your sincere comments,

White, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

My wife and I accidentally found this place in 2004 by way of Hurricane Ivan. Our cruise was moved from Tampa so we drove over to Daytona right after they'd been hit by Charley and Frances. It was a blessing in disguise. We had the entire beach to ourselves and this hotel is very neat and clean with a great view and they are very hospitable and we've now tried to go back every September for our anniversary. They even upgraded us to VIP status and we've gotten corner suites for the price of a regular room and discounts on all our in-hotel meals.
The only shortcoming they have is limited parking (but so do most smaller beachside hotels) and they need free weights in the work out room instead of just cardio machines. They have good food in the hotel and if it were not for the timeshare sales people hounding you on the beach it would be paradise. This is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: I recommend Room 500 for the secluded view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
We are so Happy you found us in 2004 and continue to make the Holiday Inn your home away from home when you travel to Daytona Beach. We thank you for your kind comments and please let me know if we can do anything else for you during your next stay to Daytona Beach.

Cross, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Greetings to the staff of the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach! My family and I had an "awesome" stay at your property. The rooms were very clean and the oceanfront view was great. Whenever my family and I came in contact with any member of the staff we were greeted with a warm, welcoming smile, and kind words. Enjoyed several meals at the Seaside Cafe! Look forward to staying with you all again!!

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms with a private balcony are great!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Thank You for taking the time to let us know how your trip was to the Holiday Inn Hotel in Suites, We My staff and I try very hard to make sure that the hotel stays clean, safe and most of all friendly, we're here to make sure you have a nice time, we hope to see you back here soon, again thanks for the compliments.