I can't say enough about the service and quality of this hotel. We traveled at night and while driving I called the front desk to ask about early check in for the hotel. Ria explained that they were full up the night before due to family reunions at the hotel but she would be passing the message down to Lisa (Guest Services Manager) and they would try to get us in before the normal 4 pm check-in time. I knew from our reservation service weeks before (see review Outstanding Reservation Service) that Lisa would work her magic and get us in before our scheduled time. Traveling with a baby is an experience in itself and with us arriving at 12, we just wanted a room and some rest. Our stay started off great upon arrival. Lisa and the exceptional housekeeping staff had our room ready 3 hours ahead of schedule. She introduced me to the General Manager of the hotel, Leah, and they made sure to let us know where to come should we have any issues. After a few initials and a signature, we were in our rooms in a timely fashion for such a busy hotel.
When we got to the room, as someone who lives on the road, I did what I always do when I first walk into a room; turn the beds down and look in the shower for hair. Housekeeping had it on the spot! As a matter of fact, this group of professionals were constantly cleaning this hotel and walking around with a smile on their face. I only got to know Leroy seeing how the man lives with a mop in his hand. You will find him constantly mopping the floors down in the lobby. The only issue we had with our room was our refrigerator went out, something that is beyond management's control. A quick call to the front desk and Ryan had their technician Nelson up within 5 minutes with a replacement. Nelson was very welcoming and professional and liked to talk about helicopters, especially Black Hawks. Please pass on the thanks to him for the talk!
Their restaurant was an enjoyable and soothing place to go in the mornings for breakfast and sit outside listening to the ocean. We had Meridith both times we went and she was always accomodating to make sure we had a good experience.
We will definately book again at this hotel if we are ever in the Daytona area. This place echoes leadership from Leah to Lisa down to the rest of the staff. We got to know these people very well and Leah took time out of her busy day to play with our son in the lobby, something that impressed me even more. I'm going to be very suprised if Leah and Lisa are not moving up the ranks within the company and maybe onto IHG soon. I'm sure I will see you ladies outside of Daytona sometime at other HI's. There's a lot of behind the scenes and names we didn't get to know, but please pass our thanks down to the staff for making our first family trip a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach offers a breath taking view of the Atlantic Ocean. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites is the prefect setting for a family vacation, the corporate traveler or a weekend get-a-way. We offer the finest amenities including private balconies, refrigerators, microwaves and free Wi-Fi. As our honored guest you will enjoy a large outdoor pool and tropical courtyard where you can step down on the warm sandy beach. Enjoy a cool tropical drink at the Seaside Oceanfront Lounge. Start your day in our Seaside Cafe where you can enjoy breakfast outside on the veranda and watch the sun rise over the ocean, end your day by relaxing with cocktails and one of our many dinner specials. For meetings or social events, we offer an executive board room as well as a beautiful ballroom with views of the ocean. You will also want to make time for golf at one of our many championship courses, enjoy the roar of the engines as NASCAR & Daytona International Speedway gear up for the many events; or going to the dogs at Daytona Beach Kennel Club. For the shoppers, there's Volusia Mall and Daytona Flea and Farmers Market. We are minutes to Main Street where it's the place to be during Bike Week and Biketoberfest. Whether you are splashing in the surf, taking a refreshing swim in the pool, you will always remember your Oceanfront getaway to The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotel.de, HotelsClick, HRS, Kognitiv US Corp and Ebookers so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Daytona Beach
- Holiday Inn Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach Florida