“Great stay, great people”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #10 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I was very satisfied with my stay at this Holiday Inn. The lobby looked great, the people were incredibly friendly & helpful, and the room was spacious, clean, and had a great view. I'd recommend this Holiday Inn to everyone.

Room Tip: The oceanfront room had a great view of the sunrise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Bill C
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

We're happy we could make your stay with us a nice one. Friendly, Helpful, Clean are three components I like to hear. Thank you for taking the time to let us know our Staff members are doing a good job for our guests. We hope to see you on your next visit to Daytona Beach.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 11 August 2012

The staff, especially Ashley & Ryan were great! They made us feel like we were the most important guests they had. They made booking our travel much easier than other hotels did and backed it up with a great ocean view just as promised. Thank you for making our 2 day trip memorable and enjoyable. Thanks again and we will be back!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

We're so happy to hear that Ryan & Ashley took care of you during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, we all try very hard to make sure all our guests feel like you did about our service, we look forward to your return visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

My family and I stayed at this Holiday Inn and had a great time. The room was very large. This was a nice surprise as there were 4 of us staying the room. The room was very clean and there were plenty of towels for all of us. The room also offered a microwave, 'fridge, and safe. The lobby area gave a great first impression which continued on through the rest of the hotel. The hotel offers free wifi, a restaurant with good hours, and an outside pool and bar area. The grounds were well maintained too. The hotel is right on the beach where you can rent chairs and an umbrella. The entire hotel was extremely clean from the common areas and restaurant to - most importantly - the rooms. The hotel is about a mile walk to a busier area of shopping, movies, resaturants, etc. Great place; great price. We would stay here again.

1  Thank TravelingThomas4
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel. Our staff works hard to make sure everything stays clean and nice for our guests we're very happy you enjoyed your stay and even happier that you will return to our hotel during your next visit to Daytona Beach. thanks fo taking the time to share your commentswith me and my staff.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I don't even know where to begin to start with my review on this hotel. I wish I could rate it more than 5 stars First let me start off by saying that the staff in this hotel is outstanding . They are friendly and always go out of their way to make sure you are kept happy throughout your stay. Let me mention a few staff members that I dealt with. Ria and Ashley are the sweetest nicest girls that I have met at a hotel front desk, always greeting us with a smile and accommodating us with whatever we needed. The management is top notch. Lisa one of the managers is exceptional. She constantly made sure each and everyday that we were happy with our stay. She and the staff are what you would say exemplifies excellence in customer service.
This is a VERY spotless hotel, maid service did an amazing job in making sure our room was clean in fact the entire hotel is kept impeccable. Our room had an amazing view of pool and beach. Pool is outrageous , kept very clean, Very friendly bartenders , incredible drinks. This is a very family oriented hotel, we met many nice people during our stay. I visited the Hilton right down the street and it is a nice hotel no question about it but I would never choose it over the Holiday Inn just because it is a bigger and more elite. Holiday Inn and Suites really lives up to its standards. Hilton is way to big and chaotic. Holiday Inn is very friendly and they really take an interest in keeping their guests satisfied. Location is so much better at the Holiday INN because its not located on the boardwalk as the Hilton is so its a much more calm location, but yet a short distance to boardwalk. I have become a priority club member because I am more than happy with my experience with this hotel making my families vacation so enjoyable.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, I can assure you that you will be more than satisfied.with your stay at this hotel.

1  Thank jcrow1060
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Customer service and making sure our guest's are happy is what we're in business for. We're very happy we could make this happen on your vacation to Daytona Beach our staff does go above and beyond for our guests and we want to make sure everyone enjoy's their trip to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites. we thank you for taking the time to Share your amazing comments about our hotel & Staff with us. We look forward to helping you plan your next trip to Daytona Beach.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We want to convey our gratitude for the compassion and concern that was extended to us by the host onduty on the day that we checked in.
It is refreshing to witness and experience this expression of kindness from two young men who seemed to actually care about our needs.
The Holiday Inn is ver fortunate to have these two young men on their staff. Chris & Ryan may the Lord bless you for your acts of Kindness.
Fredric and Deborah

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I'm so happy that Chris & Ryan took care of your needs during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites in Daytona Beach, they both do their job well and try to help our guest's in every way possible, we're very happy that they impressed you and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us we look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I planned a "last minute" trip to Daytona from TN. We were more than pleased to find this location. Immediately Chris found us the perfect room and went out of his way to offer his suggestions on their Excellent restaurant as well as attractions in the area. We somehow lost both of our IDs and the whole staff was so thoughtful in helping us track them down, especially Ria. She phoned us immediately when someone turned them in. We highly recommend this hotel and look forward to coming back very soon due to their outstanding customer service. This location was far more outstanding than the same hotel in Clearwater. Thanks Chris and Ria! You won us over!

• Stayed: July 2012
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Chris & Ria I'm glad that someone turned in your ID's so that you didn't have to worry about that on your vacation, our staff is all about customer service and we're so happy they nailed it with you. We hope we see you again on a return trip to
Daytona Beach we are glad we could be part of your vaction.

have a great summer and we hope to seee you again real soon.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me & my staff

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I can't say enough about the service and quality of this hotel. We traveled at night and while driving I called the front desk to ask about early check in for the hotel. Ria explained that they were full up the night before due to family reunions at the hotel but she would be passing the message down to Lisa (Guest Services Manager) and they would try to get us in before the normal 4 pm check-in time. I knew from our reservation service weeks before (see review Outstanding Reservation Service) that Lisa would work her magic and get us in before our scheduled time. Traveling with a baby is an experience in itself and with us arriving at 12, we just wanted a room and some rest. Our stay started off great upon arrival. Lisa and the exceptional housekeeping staff had our room ready 3 hours ahead of schedule. She introduced me to the General Manager of the hotel, Leah, and they made sure to let us know where to come should we have any issues. After a few initials and a signature, we were in our rooms in a timely fashion for such a busy hotel.

When we got to the room, as someone who lives on the road, I did what I always do when I first walk into a room; turn the beds down and look in the shower for hair. Housekeeping had it on the spot! As a matter of fact, this group of professionals were constantly cleaning this hotel and walking around with a smile on their face. I only got to know Leroy seeing how the man lives with a mop in his hand. You will find him constantly mopping the floors down in the lobby. The only issue we had with our room was our refrigerator went out, something that is beyond management's control. A quick call to the front desk and Ryan had their technician Nelson up within 5 minutes with a replacement. Nelson was very welcoming and professional and liked to talk about helicopters, especially Black Hawks. Please pass on the thanks to him for the talk!

Their restaurant was an enjoyable and soothing place to go in the mornings for breakfast and sit outside listening to the ocean. We had Meridith both times we went and she was always accomodating to make sure we had a good experience.

We will definately book again at this hotel if we are ever in the Daytona area. This place echoes leadership from Leah to Lisa down to the rest of the staff. We got to know these people very well and Leah took time out of her busy day to play with our son in the lobby, something that impressed me even more. I'm going to be very suprised if Leah and Lisa are not moving up the ranks within the company and maybe onto IHG soon. I'm sure I will see you ladies outside of Daytona sometime at other HI's. There's a lot of behind the scenes and names we didn't get to know, but please pass our thanks down to the staff for making our first family trip a memorable one.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

wow!! what a nice comment, as you can tell from your comments we work as a team here at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, we feel we can make everyone happy if we all work together. This is what I stress to all of the employees that work here and I see the message is getting through to all of them according to your comments. The weekend that you stayed with us was a very busy weekend so that proves to me & my staff that if we can make you this happy with a full hotel we should be able to make everybody happy when it's not as busy. Thank you so much for your generous comments on our staff & management, we look forward to your next stay with us, please feel free to contact us when making your next reservation. Have a great summer and we hope to see you again real soon.