“Excellent Hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My husband & I just returned from the Holiday Inn & Suites this afternoon after a 3 day stay. We did not go for a vacation; unfortunately it was due to a family tragedy. When I spoke to the General Mgr Leah about this, she upgraded us from a city view room to an oceanview room in the blink of an eye. When we were going to dinner last night, I had found a restaurant that was rated quite high on Trip Advisor, however, when we called their phone number to make reservations, after several tries no one answered. I went to the front desk & Ashley tried reaching them as well, to no avail. Then Chris (I believe that is his name) who was working the front desk with Ashley, went & asked one of the employees in the office if he could recommend a good Italian restaurant. He did & Chris even went on Mapquest & printed the directions for us. The restaurant was excellent & we would definitely go there again. I have never stayed at a hotel where they go above & beyond the call of duty the way these people did. To Leah, Ashley & Chris, I want to thank you so much for your wonderful customer service.
Also, the room was spotless & the cleaning crew was fantastic. What a great place to stay. We will definitely go back there again.

Marcia M

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

What a great way to start my day with a great trip advisor story about our team members here at the hotel.They do go above and beyond for our guests.This makes us feel great,that people take the time to let us know we're doing a great job. Our entire staff reaches out to our guests to make sure they recieve the best possible service during their stay with us.We're glad we hit a home run with you, and made your stay special. Please keep us in mind for your next trip to Daytona Beach, Hopefully it will be to relax on the beach or poolside.Thank you so much for sharing your story with my team and I here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites

Happy Spring,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn during Bike week and very much enjoyed every minute. The entire staff was very nice and accommodating. The front office Manager, Lisa was an absolute sweetheart. She helped me out with Priority club on a few occasions which allowed me to use points during the event week. Awesome!! The facility was nice and very close to Main Street it was also handy to have the restaurant and lounge on the premises. The hotel was packed during bike week and yet you wouldn't know it due to the great staff.
Thanks to Lisa and her staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

We're so happy to hear that our southern hospitality is shinning through.The entire team here at the Holiday Inn on the Ocean strives to make sure all of our guests are happy ones and we're glad all of us could make your stay worth writting about on trip advisor. We look forward to you returning to our hotel, when you come back to Daytona Beach. Biketoberfest will be comming soon in October hope to see you then.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

My Wife and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Daytona Beach duriing Bike Week. We would like to Thank Lisa for her great service, caring attitude and basically being a great person :-) She really made our stay special...along with a few bikes of course. We are looking forward to our stay here for next bike week.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room it is worth every penny!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for letting us know Lisa is a gem we know this here at the Holiday Inn, Lisa and her team in the front office do a fabulous job in making sure our guest get taken care of. We thank you for your compliments about are staff and look forward to your next visit.

general Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. I spent 4 nights there during Bike Week. They were exceptionally cordial to all the bikers. The room was updated, roomy and modern. It was perfectly located to keep you close to all the action but far enough away to allow for a break from the noise. A well kept secret is their restaraunt. The food was excellent and the beer was always cold. The restaraunt and bar staff were friendly and knowledgable. The front desk team was friendly and exceptionally helpful as well. I'm a bit of a hotel snob and was a little skeptical in staying here but it was the only game in town due to my late attempt at finding a room. Good thing I stayed here, it was a pleasant surprise. So much so, i'm going to stay here every year going forward.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

I'm so happy our team here at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites surprised you with our service & hospitality, in our Bistro & Bar. I was also glad to hear that one of our reservation agents was able to find you a room. We look forward to your next visit to our well kept secret. Call in advance and make your reservations at 386-255-5494.We're happy you had a nice time and I will share your compliments with our staff. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay it let's us know what we're doing right and what we might need to work on. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Upon checking in the front desk was efficient and my room was clean. The view is spectacular... But what really makes this hotel great was the bistro ... Patty and Anita were the most friendly and welcoming people... The food was excellent and I felt at home here ..
I mean if u can go there when patty and Anita are on stafff your extremely lucky! I've been here with my wife before last year and to come back to familiar faces who are welcoming efficient knowledgable and sweet by nature I can tell you I will always come back here while on business and on vacation..

• Stayed: March 2013
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

It so exciting to see team members mentioned by name Patty is a long time fixture here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites and Anitia is a new commer with the same customer service skills, we're very happy you came back to our hotel this year and found everything including your food service up to your standards, the Bistro's food is very good and good food good service means repeat guests, we're also happy you found the front desk staff and housekeeping team to have the same outstanding service skills. We look forward to you returning again when you are in the Daytona Beach area. Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel &staff.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Excellent time , Hotel is located in the perfect location to the downtown bike week events within walking distance or take the bus ride all day for $3.00. Rooms were very clean and in excellent working order, breakfast was amazing , didn't use the pool just a little too cold but the beach was nice and right in their back yard. Staff were all more than willing to make our stay the most enjoyable as possible from checking in to giving directions and making dining selections THANKS Neil.One characteristic that makes your stay memorable is the way you`re treated by the staff and this place has that hands down! We'll be back THANKS Neil.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are worth it
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Motorcyclemom
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

I'm so glad to hear that the staff & the hotel met your expectations and it's also fantastic to hear you'll be back, for a repeat visit. Your review is right on the money it takes a great staff to have a successful hotel that guests want to come back to. My staff & I would like to thank you for taking the time to extend your compliments. I will will post this review for Neil & our staff to read.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I picked this hotel based on the review from tripadvisor. My stay was great however, I cannot rate this property as perfect due to several issues. My first issue is that upon check-in I gave the gentleman my name. He proceeds to ask me if I am at the right hotel. My last name is very uncommon; maybe you should have asked for the spelling before you assume that I do not know where I am! The second issue has to do with the restaurant on site. Again it was chosen due to the greate reviews. Our waitress the first night was horrible! She could not answer simple questions regarding the menu and she refilled our water glasses periodically without asking us if we ever wanted anything to drink other than water. The parking in the hotel lot was very limited due to the beginning of Bike Week, but there is an overflow lot across the street. The positives include the room was enormous and so was the bathroom. The room is equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. The view of the ocean and the pool was awesome. The steaks at the at the bistro looked very appetizing. The breakfast was amazing! Kudos to the remainder of the staff they made up for the horrible experiences on the first night. Overall I would stay at this property again. In addition, this location is also walking distance to lots of eateries including my favorite Starbucks!

Room Tip: To maximize your experience I would choose an ocean view room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

I was very disappointed to read this review this morning, but I have already discussed your check in concerns with the team member that checked you in on how he should handle not being able to find a guests reservation upon arrival. I also adressed your comments about the team member in the Bistro with our food and beverage director, he has already talked to your server about the lack of service you recieved. I was glad to hear you liked your room and that you recieved good service & a good product for your breakfast needs in our dinning room. My team tries very hard to make sure all our guest recieve great customer service so your review was helpful and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we are doing right and what we might need to work on. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Daytona Beach. Thanks again for your comments & compliments.